KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Glass (2019)

Glass (2019)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
It is a film for pure comic fans, there are a million little doffs of the hat to everyone from Legion/Typhoid Mary, to Mr Hyde, the Hulk, Johnny Bates, the joker, Billy Barton and Raven, and that's just Mcavoy. Bruce is intended to be drawn as an archetype.
*Batson ****ing text correct.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 10:19 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Didn't hate it, but it wasn't up to par with Unbreakable and Split. Felt way too much time was spent in the ward with little going on. Didn't really care for the new twist/reveal, but that has potential to go forward if done right.

McAvoy was great. Willis was good. Jackson was decent; which really threw me off as the film bears his character's name. Was expecting to be dazzled by him.

Hoping that if I let some time pass and I watch it again, it improves, maybe small things I missed first go-around.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 10:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't hate it, but it wasn't up to par with Unbreakable and Split. Felt way too much time was spent in the ward with little going on. Didn't really care for the new twist/reveal, but that has potential to go forward if done right.

McAvoy was great. Willis was good. Jackson was decent; which really threw me off as the film bears his character's name. Was expecting to be dazzled by him.

Hoping that if I let some time pass and I watch it again, it improves, maybe small things I missed first go-around.
That's the nice thing about films we can't all agree all the time. I loved it, if anyone didn't all it means is it wasn't resonating for them.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 10:47 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Enjoyed it
And honestly I’m starting to depend less and less on critics as times goes by

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 05:39 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked So, the end of Glass. (Spoiler alert)

Video footage leaks.

Is this REALLY a problem? Wouldn't this be about as credible to the public as UFO videos, and this easily discredited as a hoax?

I mean, the resources this group has, they must have media and government officials in their pocket, along with experts in various fields useful in brainwashing people who think they have super powers.

I just thought the reveal was kind of weak, and not the silver bullet the movie pretended.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Re: So, the end of Glass. (Spoiler alert)

Originally posted by cdtm
Video footage leaks.
Is this REALLY a problem? Wouldn't this be about as credible to the public as UFO videos, and this easily discredited as a hoax?
I mean, the resources this group has, they must have media and government officials in their pocket, along with experts in various fields useful in brainwashing people who think they have super powers.
I just thought the reveal was kind of weak, and not the silver bullet the movie pretended.

I think you underestimate how much Glass f...ed them over. Remember, their first plan was to convince the powers they are delusional. They would question themselves and lose faith and confidence in themselves until eventually they just became some more pilled-out crazies.

Then Glass showed up. They could handle everything superpowered, but they were woefully underequipped to handle Glass. So, when Glass busted them out, the organisation's second plan was just to kill everybody and bury all the evidence. This was not ideal, as you had the risk of them becoming martyrs, but still better than letting the story leak out.

But they still underestimated Glass. And when the footage leaked, and the Doc lost her s... it was exactly because the worst thing they could imagine happened. Yes, you could claim the footage was fake - but it only needs a couple of people to believe. And just one of them has to have a power.

And now, if you realise powers are real, you will also know there is a secret organisation hunting powers. So any new powers will make sure to stay under the radar as much as possible, making the organisation's task a hundred times more difficult.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 07:26 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

And with social media it's not hard to confirm stuff. A guy in a mask picks up a truck. Then the video goes viral. The guy goes on Ellen or Good Morning America or something and shows it's real in front of a live audience and thousands of viewers.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 03:58 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard

Yeah, I tend to agree with some of this. Although I will add that I really liked Split and enjoyed McAvoy in that role, but in this he came across as more annoying to me. Not his fault, I don't think. More a fault of the writing and direction.

It was still a clever premise and I can admire that on a certain level, but I just didn't find it particularly compelling and some parts were even unintentionally funny, like Beast running on all fours.. haha..

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 12:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

James McAvoy's performance is really great and that's about it!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 11:57 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, this film was mediocre at best. I think M. Night needs to recognize when he needs to bring in another writer.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 12:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote