KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mera Vs Storm

Mera Vs Storm
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

That would be one of the only attacks that would work, but wouldn't.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

All that atlantean bio-electromagnetic energy produced by Mera's strong healthy ginger body

That trident will come in handy

(y'know to check the flesh is firm + the juices run clear)

once Storm is done flash cooking fish lady from the inside-out.

Last edited by shiv on Aug 14th, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:39 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Not before Mera dumps the ocean on her. Flash Flood!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:44 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Good Thing Storm Can Fly Mr Anderson wink

Last edited by shiv on Aug 14th, 2018 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:51 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
Good Thing Storm Can Fly Mr Anderson wink

So could Superman and Wonder Woman. wink Neither was safe.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:56 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

The Flying Brick and The Flying Brick in a swimsuit

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 03:10 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Zack M
So could Superman and Wonder Woman. wink Neither was safe.

So Mera is a challenge to Superman now? Bullshit. You keep bringing up Superman jobbing to Mera like it's supposed to mean something, when all that it means is that he was holding back.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Stoic
So Mera is a challenge to Superman now? Bullshit. You keep bringing up Superman jobbing to Mera like it's supposed to mean something, when all that it means is that he was holding back.

He didn't just job to Mera, but Ocean Master, too. Orm's Trident is a beast.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:50 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

He never jobbed to Mera. She never beat him and he was never in danger at any point. The impressive thing about that showing is that Mera's water constructs are strong enough to hold CL100 beings like Superman and Wonder Woman for a minute or two. This may not seem like much but considering how WW has destroyed GL constructs like they were made of glass, it's damn impressive.

EDIT
I'm referring to her taking on the Justice League when she was trying to free Atlantis.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:18 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Philosophía
Nothing to warrant that. Sin is talking up, as usual.

She's Aquaman-ish physically, with advanced hydrokinesis.

She fought Wonder Woman h2h evenly in Blackest Night, and also as a Red Lantern vs Violet Lantern.

As far as powers-combat, her highest showing is this:
https://imgur.com/a/fI3Nm

Or this:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...87986-RCO01.jpg

She can make water-shields to tank baby nukes:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...br /> 3%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...-0GsVXH%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...KiRWgYV%3Ds1600

Held up/created city-sized waves/the ocean and stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/SFe9Z
---
https://imgur.com/a/AvKxi
---
https://imgur.com/YrpXXs0

She's not getting into a power feat-war with Storm anytime soon, but if she leaps hard enough she could probably one-shot her [https://imgur.com/wBjRW1r], and if she thinks fast enough, she could manipulate Storm's internals for the win. The same goes in return, minus the physicals.

As Zop said, it's probably a quick draw. She dehydrated Flash instantly as he was running towards her, for what it's worth, in the JL scans. There's also this:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...78902-RCO00.jpg

thumb up

I got ya. I don't know much about current Mera, but that is pretty impressive.
Originally posted by Philosophía
Given some of the people in high-meta right now [Aquaman, Iron Man, Mandarin, Mimic,Psylocke, Sinister], there's a good argument she should be there, since they're at her level, or higher. You might find a few at the lower-end of the low-herald who can approximate her power-level, so she's somewhere between high-meta and low herald [the same as those I mentioned above].

Tried to, but didn't work, and I was too lazy to upload the scans myself.

stick out tongue

Originally posted by -Pr-
I think that there's a very secure argument to be made that ever since Johns got a hold of her with Blackest Night, Mera has been in the low herald tier at the very least. Mid herald and high meta are both arguments you can make, sure, but I'd personally put her in LH.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
That list is outdated...but i see your argument

I've definitely thought about the High Meta/Herald divide too. I think part of the "problem" is that high meta's, cutting lose, can absolutely give trouble to heralds under the right circumstances. Especially the ones with more hax-y abilities.

Psylocke taking Magneto out recently is a good example. Mera and Storm do it. Iron Man does it. It can sometimes make the rankings a little murky.

Of course, someone needing to "cut loose" or have "circumstances" in their favor could be a dividing line, ultimately, between the tiers. Some on the current list could probably be moved up though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 14th, 2018 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:34 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop
He never jobbed to Mera. She never beat him and he was never in danger at any point. The impressive thing about that showing is that Mera's water constructs are strong enough to hold CL100 beings like Superman and Wonder Woman for a minute or two. This may not seem like much but considering how WW has destroyed GL constructs like they were made of glass, it's damn impressive.

EDIT
I'm referring to her taking on the Justice League when she was trying to free Atlantis.

So if Superman went all out how well would she do? I understand that she can give legit Cl100's pause, but I feel as if she being upsold here as if she were in their league. What about Storm's past feats? I know how powerful Mera is. Without her Arthur would have never defeated Corum Rath recently, and he was beast, but again what about how powerful Storm has recently become? What about how powerful she was, even before getting her hands on Stormcaster?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:13 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

So if Superman went all out how well would she do?

Depends, can she desiccate him. If not, she lasts all of 30 seconds.

quote:
I understand that she can give legit Cl100's pause, but I feel as if she being upsold here as if she were in their league.

Oh for sure she can give Cl100's pause, if not outright kill them. Any being subject to desiccation is toast. Hell she might not even need to desiccate to kill, look what Awakened Hydroman did to Simon (Hydroman didn't kill him and Hawkeye because he wanted to use them as bait to lure in more Avengers). Mera can easily replicate that.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:24 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If we want to say she's being upsold, then there should be lower showings of hers which gives this theory credence.

After all, Batman doesn't go around tanking blows from class 100s on the regular - he has many many showings of him being hurt by ordinary muggers and clowns etc.

So if Mera is out of her weight class here, what low showings does she have?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm not sure how powerful Mera is with the Trident (Haven't caught up since her JL introduction) or Storm is with Stormcaster since she got it back, but Mera vs. Storm without weapons is Storm's fight too lose.

Mera has a little momentum but the Wind-rider has been doing this since the Claremont era. Storm has too many feats under her belt both in terms of ridiculous power and precision usage. She's everything Mera is, with far superior potential power (And now with potential godhood after the recent Black Panther arc) but with human level stats. She's the clear favorite imo unless this gets in close.

Mera taking on the JL as well as she did is imo very impressive and far beyond the capabilities I'd have assigned her before, and is probably greater than anything I can think of Storm doing off the top of my head (Without some form of amp or above natural levels of power), but, to quote Lex Luthor "You think I'm scared of you because you beat up the JL? That happens once a week!"

I have no doubt Storm would replicate that and do even better. Storm isn't just a female. She's a female of color. That's like a double buff.

Also lol at this thread convo.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 14th, 2018 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 09:27 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Mera (Rebirth) has fine control/precision over her powers, too. Storm isn't the only one. Plus, with Orm's Trident, she can basically do whatever Storm can, on top of Hydrokenisis.

Like Stoic and Zop said, whoever gets the first attack off wins.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 09:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This ****ing thread

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I've only read your post Paul and I couldn't agree more. Disgusting thread

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:48 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Damborgson
Based on me being attracted to red heads thumb up

laughing out loud

BZ me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 02:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nice feat from Mera.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 06:48 AM