KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » English Premier League

English Premier League
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Maybe not this season though, according to rumours. The problems for Kane in that scenario are;

1. He'll be 29 at that point.
2. Haaland's 70m buy-out clause get's activated then (unsure if that's £'s or Euro's).
3. Mbappe will be available on a free if he doesn't sign a new contract this season.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 07:04 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ronaldo back to United. Never thought I'd see it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 06:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, could be a season changer that one. Makes Utd serious contenders now despite his increasing years, he still has a season or possibly 2 at the top level.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 09:29 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm sorry, are you implying they weren't before? stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 03:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Lol, yes, yes I was.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 11:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

You ****er. Second in the league last year and a europa league final but no, not a contender. ****ing hell.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 01:49 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'd have said they'd stay in the race for a while but tail off at some point, but you'd think the points difference Ronaldo will make gives them a genuine shot. They'll still need Chelsea slip ups AND a Man City implosion to win the title I reckon.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 10:05 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
I'd have said they'd stay in the race for a while but tail off at some point, but you'd think the points difference Ronaldo will make gives them a genuine shot. They'll still need Chelsea slip ups AND a Man City implosion to win the title I reckon.

I'd fancy our chances against anyone with Sancho and Varane alone, but the DM slot is still an issue. McTominay and Fred would work far better if just one of those was playing alongside a top class midfielder.

I can't deny that Ronaldo, if he's at all on form though, is a huge boost.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 12:46 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd fancy our chances against anyone with Sancho and Varane alone, but the DM slot is still an issue. McTominay and Fred would work far better if just one of those was playing alongside a top class midfielder.

I can't deny that Ronaldo, if he's at all on form though, is a huge boost.
yanited fanboy.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2021 07:02 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Jeebus! What a first half of the Liverpool Man Utd game. Ole might have to change his name to D-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer... Geddit? 'Cos the dole.

It's double Classico day as well, with the Barcelona Vs Real Madrid game.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 04:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Jeebus! What a first half of the Liverpool Man Utd game. Ole might have to change his name to D-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer... Geddit? 'Cos the dole.

It's double Classico day as well, with the Barcelona Vs Real Madrid game.

They'll sack Solskjaer (and for the most part they wouldn't be wrong too, he's not ready to manage at this level), then refuse to build the team the new guy wants. Solskjaer wasn't the first manager to be hamstrung and he won't be the last.

People will act like it's all Ole's fault when he had some real bad shit to work with.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 08:05 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

They might give him the next batch of tough games before pulling the trigger, giving the next manager a better chance of a winning start, plus it's easier to fire him if they lose to Spurs, City and Chelsea who they face over the next month. They might also just sack him in the morning.

Liverpool looking like genuine contenders again after last season though, showed real maturity by taking the foot off the pedal after the Pogba sending off IMO.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 10:14 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Liverpool would win but ****ing hell!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 07:28 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They might give him the next batch of tough games before pulling the trigger, giving the next manager a better chance of a winning start, plus it's easier to fire him if they lose to Spurs, City and Chelsea who they face over the next month. They might also just sack him in the morning.

Liverpool looking like genuine contenders again after last season though, showed real maturity by taking the foot off the pedal after the Pogba sending off IMO.

I don't necessarily disagree, but what happens if United go out and hammer Spurs 4-0 and Ronaldo gets a hat-trick? That'll just make it even more complex.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 02:20 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, Ole does seem to have a penchant for getting a result at the 11th hour, I think he's done a reasonable job given the circumstances, he's steadied the ship somewhat but with the amount of spending going on at Utd there needs to be a step up and Ole's not ready to be that guy, like when Brendan Rodgers got the Liverpool job, it was too soon for him even though he almost won the league once.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 07:24 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Spurs game will be interesting as they're not exactly blowing people away either.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 07:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Bale injured?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 12:33 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Ole does seem to have a penchant for getting a result at the 11th hour, I think he's done a reasonable job given the circumstances, he's steadied the ship somewhat but with the amount of spending going on at Utd there needs to be a step up and Ole's not ready to be that guy, like when Brendan Rodgers got the Liverpool job, it was too soon for him even though he almost won the league once.

Spending is no good if they're spending it on the wrong players.

The Spurs game will be interesting as they're not exactly blowing people away either.

Spurs have flattered to deceive for years now. Son and Kane carried them for very, very long stretches.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 04:06 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by -Pr-
Spending is no good if they're spending it on the wrong players.

Spurs have flattered to deceive for years now. Son and Kane carried them for very, very long stretches.

Yeah they need a quality defensive midfielder, there's talk of Declan Rice but I still think he's a year or two away from being the kind of player they need. He runs too far up the pitch for what they need right now. Kimmich, Ndidi or Frenkie de Jong would make better players IMO.

Son and Kane should be licking their lips at the prospect of playing against Utd. I agree though, they're a shadow of their former selves without those two, Dele Alli went off the boil under Mourinho.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 05:01 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Blakemore
Is Bale injured?

Think he's back in training after injury.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 05:04 PM