KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman & Mera & Wonder Woman vs Mighty Avengers

Aquaman & Mera & Wonder Woman vs Mighty Avengers
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Avengers win. Sentry is to much. Take him out of the picture and it could go either way.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by carver9
Seen my post saying WW solos. That was most def a bad type. Sentry solos.

You were right the first time, bud.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:27 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Stoic
Wait, did I actually say that? She is a factor is what I said.

She solo'd the old X-Force and beat Ionic Wonder Man.

All because she was trained by Wolverine cool

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol seriously? Stoic u made a bad statement. It happens. Create the thread....all three of these street levelers versus 1 dc character and see how often the word stomp gets used.

What's the difference between their stats and Batmans stats? He's never a non factor.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 06:33 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
What's the difference between their stats and Batmans stats? He's never a non factor.

In a forum match he is...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 09:48 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by zopzop
You think? What's stopping her from ending him like Awakened Hydrman did?
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I could see that working in theory, but Simon's a lot stronger now than he was in the days of his flight belt so I wouldn't call it a lock by any stretch of the imagination.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:43 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by darthgoober
but Simon's a lot stronger now than he was in the days of his flight belt....

Proof please.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:53 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Proof please.

Check his series from around the time of the Infinity Crusade. He went through this whole ordeal where his powers got tied to his emotional state so that when he was calm he was fairly weak but when he was emotional got a lot stronger(for example he went to do a normal jump when he was all worked up and accidentally jumped several blocks). At the end of the ordeal his powers stabilized at the higher level and he confirmed that he was stronger than he'd ever been. After that he went on to stand toe to toe with Professor Hulk. Then later on he went through the thing with his whole Ion form where his powers got ramped up again and just a few years ago it was confirmed that he was actually stronger than Rulk.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 15th, 2018 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 11:11 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Check his series from around the time of the Infinity Crusade. He went through this whole ordeal where his powers got tied to his emotional state so that when he was calm he was fairly weak but when he was emotional got a lot stronger(for example he went to do a normal jump when he was all worked up and accidentally jumped several blocks). At the end of the ordeal his powers stabilized at the higher level and he confirmed that he was stronger than he'd ever been. After that he went on to stand toe to toe with Professor Hulk.

The showing against Prof Hulk was good. I'll give him that. The fight with the Hulk was stopped before either got serious.

quote:
Then later on he went through the thing with his whole Ion form where his powers got ramped up again and just a few years ago it was confirmed that he was actually stronger than Rulk.

Do you have any impressive showings in his ION form? Also Non-LoebForce Rulk is a known jobber. So tooling him is nothing to brag about.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 12:03 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

The showing against Prof Hulk was good. I'll give him that. The fight with the Hulk was stopped before either got serious.
[/B]

Oh I know, but I can't see flight belt Simon preforming that well, let along have the issue end questioning which one was stronger. And that came not long after an actual on panel upgrade which to me kinda cements the fact that he was in fact stronger.

Do you have any impressive showings in his ION form? Also Non-LoebForce Rulk is a known jobber. So tooling him is nothing to brag about. [/B]

Honestly, I kinda lost interest in the character once he got the Ion form. I don't like my characters constantly changing, it rather annoys me to to to relearn the character over and over again. And while I admit that Rulk lost momentum after Loeb, despite his jobbing he was always considered strong as Hell and his encounter with Simon was a definite indication that Simon was outright stronger. It's that acknowledgment that I'm pointing to as evidence of him being stronger than the days when he totally maxed out at 50k tons rather than simply pointing to him scoring a win over the guy. Hell not long aftet his confrontation with Rulk there was a flashback issue where classic Simon strait up got his ass whipped by Grey Hulk(far beneath his showing against the Professor).

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 12:37 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Honestly, I kinda lost interest in the character once he got the Ion form. I don't like my characters constantly changing, it rather annoys me to to to relearn the character over and over again.

I hear you. You need to check out the last few issues of his original 90s series. It was a sh|tshow. They couldn't keep his powers straight.

quote:
And while I admit that Rulk lost momentum after Loeb, despite his jobbing he was always considered strong as Hell and his encounter with Simon was a definite indication that Simon was outright stronger. It's that acknowledgment that I'm pointing to as evidence of him being stronger than the days when he totally maxed out at 50k tons rather than simply pointing to him scoring a win over the guy. Hell not long aftet his confrontation with Rulk there was a flashback issue where classic Simon strait up got his ass whipped by Grey Hulk(far beneath his showing against the Professor).

Honestly, Grey Hulk had BETTER showings than Prof Hulk. Someone compared/contrasted the two forms and Grey Hulk came out looking MUCH better. Hell, Grey Hulk had some showings that were superior to Savage Hulk. Case in point : Doc Samson vs Savage Hulk was a fight that lasted 6 hours with Samson winning via a sucker punch. Grey Hulk 3 pieced him.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 12:50 AM
darthgoober

I hear you. You need to check out the last few issues of his original 90s series. It was a sh|tshow. They couldn't keep his powers straight.

Honestly, Grey Hulk had BETTER showings than Prof Hulk. Someone compared/contrasted the two forms and Grey Hulk came out looking MUCH better. Hell, Grey Hulk had some showings that were superior to Savage Hulk. Case in point : Doc Samson vs Savage Hulk was a fight that lasted 6 hours with Samson winning via a sucker punch. Grey Hulk 3 pieced him. [/B]

Well Grey Hulk held back less cause he was legitimately mean hearted, but that doesn't mean he was actually stronger. Think of it like that scan of Black Adam where they noted that he wasn't the strongest or most powerful on the field but he had the advantage because he wasn't holding back. Professor Hulk was officially stronger than Grey and he does have on panel showings to support that. I always thought things like him standing in a prolonged fight with Power Gem Drax was stupid, but he does have stuff like that to his credit.

But anyway, the fact is that Simon has been upgraded since the days when HM pulled that off. As I said I could see it working in theory(since Mera's better than HM), but his upgrade means that it's in no way a lock.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 16th, 2018 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 01:13 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Yeah, I'm not really sure why that's relevant. Not only is Simon noticeably superior across the board, he's realized that he's a purely ionic being. He doesn't breath, eat, sleep, and can reconstitute himself even.

It was explained during his evolution that he thought he could die, and was human, but it was only his mental state limiting him was it not?

Also, that's a particularly weird era to reference for Simon. It was during that decade that he got a significant push. That momentum faded, but at one point, he would have been flat out stronger than Wonder Woman. Imo, Stern intended him to be stronger than Thor, and tried to portray it as much as he could (There was a time when Thor had serious editorial protection in Marvel with the old guard *Sheds Tear*). He was only one writer, but as the lead for West Coast Avengers, and being Bob f*cking Stern, it had impact. Technically, he should be stronger now, and he has his moments (Rulk, Immortal Hulk etc.) but he was more impressive then.

The Wonder Man in this thread is a very different beast during that Era and Wonder Woman would be stronger similar to the Avengers/JLA crossover. Close, but it's her fight to lose. Still, the team with Ares (Who was Wonder Man level in strength imo during the Dark Avengers push) and Sentry are too much. Reynolds is way too of a wild card, he could freak out, and rip Team 1 in half but even at his stable, he should eliminate everyone besides Wonder Woman very quickly. With Carol and Iron Man running interference, I don't see how Team 1 can win. Way too much fire power.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 16th, 2018 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 01:33 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Wonder Man sucks

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 01:43 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Wonder Man sucks

You're right. It would even be that close now. Wonder Woman makes him her slave.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 01:53 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Wonder Man is a pacifist. He can't even get hard now. He wouldn't even be a good sex slave with his floppy energy dick.

Useless character. Best thing he ever did was boost Rogue and Cain his brother

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 02:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Avengers too much.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 02:14 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Wonder Man sucks

He's always been one of my favorite characters for some reason. He does suck though.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:36 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by tkitna
He's always been one of my favorite characters for some reason.

He was a flying brick that was strong but not too overpowered as to steal the show from his teammates. He had/has a very real fear of death that 100% of non-psychotic human beings can relate to. He also fell in love with a woman that was in love with someone else and only saw him as a friend. It made him a very relatable character.

Then Marveled screwed the pooch and wrecked him.

quote:
He does suck though.

Yup. He's crazy some days and other days he's 100% pacifist. He's an ionic energy being, then he looks completely human. He's all over the place power and personality wise and people just started to lose interest. Blame the phucking @sshole modern writers that ruined such a good character.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree with ZoptheTop. Simon was a great character during West Coast....He was the least human of the team with the most power, but felt the most human. It was a unique twist.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:23 PM