KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Foxverse 7 take on Thanos with 4 Infinity Stones...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Foxverse 7 win 15 83.33%
Thanos wins 3 16.67%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Foxverse 7 take on Thanos with 4 Infinity Stones...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

^ The intention behind the scene seemed to be the whole “speed is power” thing.

But yeah until he does it to someone like Colossus or Juggernaut it doesnt really mean much for this fight.

Even if his fists would break punching Thanos though, that could be worked around with good strategy. I.e. Throwing objects at Thanos with super speed, whilst keeping his distance. But I guess that becomes more of a power set debate.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 07:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Has he thrown accurately thrown an object at top speed before? I know he carefully tossed or nudged students in Apocalypse when evacuating the mansion, but I can't recall him accurately throwing something at super speed.

I suppose he has all the time in the world to practice, but Thanos' fist will eventually close and, given standard knowledge, Thanos should be able to cook up an AOE that he can't easily dodge.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 07:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Has he thrown accurately thrown an object at top speed before? I know he carefully tossed or nudged students in Apocalypse when evacuating the mansion, but I can't recall him accurately throwing something at super speed.

I suppose he has all the time in the world to practice, but Thanos' fist will eventually close and, given standard knowledge, Thanos should be able to cook up an AOE that he can't easily dodge.

He's thrown several people what looks like hundreds of feet very accurately at the 1:33, 1:39 and 1:50 mark:

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:38 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Thanos gets stomped; he'd at least need the Time Stone to have a hope of surviving

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:50 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud I can't avoid noticing that you included a Future Sentinel laughing out loud

The Sentinel is potentially the most powerful being on Team Fox (and I mean that seriously btw)...

wink

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 10:02 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by carthage
Loses to all but the Sentinel

What if the Future Sentinel copies the powers of all the mutants present?

devil

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 10:04 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Only time travel can stop the future sentinels

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 11:42 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ LOL

Oh what a nuisance then that Thanos doesnt have the Time Stone.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 11:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The sentinel solos

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:08 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by steverules_2
Only time travel can stop the future sentinels

thumb up

Smart man...

wink

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 06:26 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

The only person close to Thanos in power here is Surfer, and Surfer is more than likely above. Telepathy would likely work as well. Other than that and taking his gauntlet off, the team would get annihilated.

Anyway.

Surfer solos Thanos and then solos the team as well.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 09:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by NemeBro

Originally posted by juggerman
He's thrown several people what looks like hundreds of feet very accurately at the 1:33, 1:39 and 1:50 mark:

QS clearly established himself as beyond anyone in X-Men: Apocalypse with the mansion scene, yet gets hit by the sonic knockout gun and decides to goof around and punch Apoc instead of grabbing a piece of sheet metal and throwing it like a discus at Apoc's neck.

The fact that he was carrying and throwing students in wrapped in curtains while doing running gymnastics-type moves off tables and balconies while a massive explosion was happening behind and below him shows QS can stop Thanos if he thinks about it and doesn't job like in the final battle with Apoc.

Let's say the opening bell rings:
- Thanos is a statue to QS
- QS either A) uses his super speed to vibrate off the gauntlet, or B) takes aim with a piece of debris and throws it like a javelin through Thanos' grill

This is Quicksilver's fight to lose. However, he has already what he does against a big bad against Apoc. For his sake, he shouldn't do that here.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 01:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Not sure punching in the face at super speeds is goofing around. He maybe didnt want to kill him, or thought his punches should be lethal
Enough.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 02:55 PM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah in super speed he has to just tap to KO single person and take out a dozen people with a single forward charge so he probably assumed his punches should don't he job.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 03:15 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Someone did calcs for the energy output the Surfer would need to have in order to create those giant holes he was making in the Earth in the 2nd FF movie. IIRC, it ended up coming out to about 350 times the energy of the average solar flare.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 03:38 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not sure punching in the face at super speeds is goofing around. He maybe didnt want to kill him, or thought his punches should be lethal
Enough.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yeah in super speed he has to just tap to KO single person and take out a dozen people with a single forward charge so he probably assumed his punches should don't he job.

True. I remember his smirk at the beginning of the fight, but that was more of a "you have no chance because taps KO normal people, so here comes some full force punches" smirk, not a "time to goof off and punch you because I can take my time" smirk.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Someone did calcs for the energy output the Surfer would need to have in order to create those giant holes he was making in the Earth in the 2nd FF movie. IIRC, it ended up coming out to about 350 times the energy of the average solar flare.

Ya the power calcs from the Tim Story FF movies seem like they'd be off the charts, from durability to energy output to high-end strength. I'd put the FF4, Doom, and Surfer up against nearly any comic book movie team and say they come out on top.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 04:45 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, Surfer was pretty crazy. Hell, him even just flying caused things like massive blackouts or extreme weather changes.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 04:53 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Surfer destroyed something bigger than a planet that destroys planets.

Only the full IG should be above him in the Marvel movies.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 05:03 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote