KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Immortal Emperor vs. The Devourer of Worlds

The Immortal Emperor vs. The Devourer of Worlds
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Palpatine can use his Force Storm along with everyone using their attacks.

That would be the end of Galactus.
The ignorance here is staggering, tbh.

Stop now.

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Being "omnipotent" could indicate they have at least the total Force energy of the entire SW universe, plus any other energy sources from other dimensions (like from Waru's dimension).

Of course, like you said, it depends how you interpret "omnipotent." I'm inclined to interpret it more literally for SW, in which only the Bedlam are attributed such an accolade, compared to Marvel where everyone's called omnipotent.
As mentioned, you are assuming a great deal about the Bedlams based on their single on-panel showing and a bio entry.

Galactus actually has an abundance of ridiculously high-end feats/accolades to back up his status. That's the difference.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
As mentioned, you are assuming a great deal about the Bedlams based on their single on-panel showing and a bio entry.

Galactus actually has the feats to back up his status. That's the difference.

This seems to go down to how we interpret Star Wars, but I don't consider it an "assumption." If it's stated in the TCSWE, we can conclude it's absolute canonical truth within Star Wars continuity, regardless of lacking feats to substantiate it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:49 PM
Jaggarath is currently offline Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Not to mention being defeated by Squirrel Girl! laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:51 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Within the confines of the SWU, I agree that the Bedlams are 'omnipotent'.

However, we are talking about characters from completely different mediums here. Both have been called "trans-dimensional" and "omnipotent". Only one has an abundance of high-end cosmic-scale feats(and many, many accolades) to back up his station.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I told you to cut the shit.

Won't ask again.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:54 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Let him imo. He's going to keep getting rude awakenings.

Never happened. In fact it was specifically shown that she couldn't do shit

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I wonder if Sidious or Vitiate had they achieved their ultimate goals defeat Galactus at his normal power levels.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:56 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I was just messing around.

I’ll stop now Galan.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:56 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I wonder if Sidious or Vitiate had they achieved their ultimate goals defeat Galactus at his normal power levels.
Depends what you believe Palpatine would have been capable of had he controlled TWBW.

Though it's worth noting that Galactus doesn't adhere to a linear timeline.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:59 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

No. You're reaching too high here. Someone like Surfer is a better starting point for that sort of stuff.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Valkorion dies, Sidious just throws him in a wormhole.

Father, Son, Daughter, Bedlam Spirits all shit down his neck.

Good thread, though.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:57 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:21 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by One Big Mob
No. You're reaching too high here. Someone like Surfer is a better starting point for that sort of stuff.

Sidious had he really absorbed the universe into his consciousness would crush the Silver Surfer.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:36 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Galactus godstomps Star Wars.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:44 PM
AncientPower is currently offline Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

what if he tries to TP Galactus
Then Galactus would tp him.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

nonsense

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:01 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
Within the confines of the SWU, I agree that the Bedlams are 'omnipotent'.

However, we are talking about characters from completely different mediums here. Both have been called "trans-dimensional" and "omnipotent". Only one has an abundance of high-end cosmic-scale feats(and many, many accolades) to back up his station.
I agree, there is no such thing as omnipotence.

I do believe that the Bedlam were powerful, but I don’t know about an astronomical scale.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:03 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Sidious' wormholes can destroy space itself, Galactus consumes planets. Planetary among Star Wars top tiers is par for the course.

The big purple guy gets bent over here.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:27 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

How unlike a black hole. Sidious would be lucky to destroy a planet in legends though

Sidious had he really absorbed the universe into his consciousness would crush the Silver Surfer.
Are you talking about the Force Storm and trying to attribute a raging Force Storm in an indefinite amount of time to Palpatine's direct power?

nonsense
Galactus basically ignored Xavier throwing the entire feelings of the Skrull race at him. And even his resting defenses almost killed Xavier and Magneto.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:41 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Trocity
Sidious' wormholes can destroy space itself, Galactus consumes planets. Planetary among Star Wars top tiers is par for the course.

The big purple guy gets bent over here.
Doesn’t Galactus draw power from space itself?

If this is the case, I bet he can destroy it as well.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:49 AM