KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The ending to Revolutions I would love to see.

The ending to Revolutions I would love to see.
Started by: monkesmatrix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
monkesmatrix

The ending to Revolutions I would love to see.

I personally think these movies are a telling of things to come based on the New Testement and borrowing from the old days of Jesus Christ. My theory is that at the end of Revoltions Neo will be forced to die for all mankind in order to save mankind, just like Jesus did on the cross. He died for all our sins.
I would love to see everyone be set free from the Matrix thanks to a sacrifice by Neo.
Think about it, all the God and Jesus references in the first Matrix are too much to talk about. "Your my savior man, my own personal Jesus Christ," said Choi for one example.
Then in Reloaded, Neo brought Trinity back to life, just like Jesus did to Lazerus. Plus the whole being able to 'change the Matrix whenever he sees fit' idea plays very well into the Jesus Christ theory too.
Jesus was accounted in the Bible as being able to change things, especially little things like Water into Wine. He was able to mulitple fish to feed a nation of starving people.
Anyway, I have other ideas about this and think that if they did it this way The Matrix Trilogy could go down in history as the most philosophical movies and most well thought out series in the history of film. If you want to talk to more about it, just respond.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 07:20 AM
monkesmatrix is currently offline Click here to Send monkesmatrix a Private Message Find more posts by monkesmatrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i see your point but i dont agree. however, most of that feeling comes from me being a christian and i dont like the idea of them using the story of the bible in a movie like that. not that i mind the bible in the movies or anything but if they dont make it obvious or explain everything (it only uses biblical references, doesnt explain them or actually tell the jesus story) then i dont think i want people getting hte wrong idea about the christian faith.
i just read what i wrote and it sounds really pious. i dont mean it to be i just dont like the idea of someone taking something real to a lot of people and using it in a fiction movie. and not really getting all the details right. no offense to anyone. i still love the matrix wink

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 10:54 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

I suppose one of the strengths of this movie, is that people can read just about everything into it, from their favourite religious texts, over philosophy to a Marxist class-struggle theory.
The “problem” is that a saviour-figure is not indigenous to the Christian Faith. Nor is birth, death and rebirth. I’ve discussed this in a another thread, and to claim Neo is like Jesus, is like saying the Architect is the Christian God, who then is not very nice AT all smile

What kind of ending would I personally like to see. On one hand an ending like the first movie in a way. The reason The Matrix appealed to me, was the way that the story so obviously continued after Neo chose to be the One, that the end was the beginning so to speak.
If, in Revolutions, everything gets resolved, there is no more room for my imagination. It will ruin the world, the way the new Star Wars movies somewhat has ruined that world, by not expanding the SW-Universe, but elaborating on it endlessly.
Being a hopeless romantic I do not want neither Neo or Trinity to die or loose one another. Their love is like something out of an old legend or myth or something.
On the other hand the Matrix-Universe in its cyber-punk sense should not have an all out Hollywood happy-ending, where they all ride into the new sunset together holding hands. When M1 just went ahead and killed Mouse, Switch, Apoc and Dozer it really got my attention. Okay, people CAN and DO die in this world.
So to wrap it up: I want an ending that doesn’t finish off the Matrix-Universe, that leaves open endings, but not the kind of open endings that will let anyone make MORE movies. I was awed by Reloaded, but was afraid I wouldn't have been.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 04:41 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Saying that Neo is the savior and comparing that to Jesus being the savior doesn't necessary mean the story as to go the same way.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 04:58 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

omega> i pretty much agree with that. i dont want either of them to die. but i really dont want the pregnant thing to happen.
i know what you mean about star wars. thats why i love the original trilogy better.
i think that it should kill a few people but not too many though or it will be m1 starts with ppl and they are all killed. m2 introduces all these neww ppl then they are all killed.
and it would be interesting if the real architect turned out to be neo.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:12 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
svicic
Keanu Reeves obsessed!!!

"Being a hopeless romantic I do not want neither Neo or Trinity to die or loose one another. Their love is like something out of an old legend or myth or something."

I agree totally, and I don't think it would be right for them to kill either of them of therfore I think Morpheus will die and that Neo will die as well but then be resurrected into the "changed" world.I don't know what I'd do if either Trinity or Neo died-I would seriously cry!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 01:54 PM
svicic is currently offline Click here to Send svicic a Private Message Find more posts by svicic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

oh yeah- i woudnt mind if morpheus died.
i dont even want to think about if neo or trinity died. :'(

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:28 AM