KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Fireside Chat: Darth Krayt

Fireside Chat: Darth Krayt
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
I think Darth Bane is the best option for a fireside chat thread.

Nah, I need to finish my CaV with Kurk first. I think that KF Vader is a better choice.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Sinious
I think Darth Bane is the best option for a fireside chat thread.
I agree completely!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:19 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
Nah, I need to finish my CaV with Kurk first. I think that KF Vader is a better choice.

No one’s reading that shit lmao

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Azronger
he's making him see the same vision he saw while traversing the netherworld that made him learn Dark Transfer and [i]"see the truth of things."

So now Krayt not only brought Cade back to life, but he also escaped Chaos and returned back to living world to heal himself with Dark transfer?

Nice one, Azronger. At least Krayt didn't need a bunch of Sith spirits to return to the corporeal plane. thumb up

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Let's play a game called: post unpopular opinions relating to Krayt/Legacy. I'll go first:

There's a very realistic possibility that Celeste Morne-Karness Muur is more powerful than Muur in his own body back in the day.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 10:21 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
Let's play a game called: post unpopular opinions relating to Krayt/Legacy. I'll go first:

Arguing the Muur > Krayt quotes refers to Dark Transfer and not Force power is comparable mental gymnastics to the SF Malak quote.

smile

Also couldn't care less about it to do anything about it either.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver

There's a very realistic possibility that Celeste Morne-Karness Muur is more powerful than Muur in his own body back in the day.
I had an argument about that. It makes no sense that that would entirely be Muur's power especially when Celeste was able to contend with Vader to some degree on her own. Suddenly Celeste's powers go down to zero when Muur takes over? That makes literally no sense. The force potential and power of Celeste will always be there when it's her body. Muur wanted powerful people as well, which would again make no sense if her power just went away and it was all Muur's.

Muur is stacking his power onto Celeste's power.

The real speculation however begins when you consider the amulet is filled with the Darkside, and Muur may be channelling more power than he himself may have been capable of when he was alive.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Muur still eats Krayt alive, and therefore so does Kun thumb up

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 05:37 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I had an argument about that. It makes no sense that that would entirely be Muur's power especially when Celeste was able to contend with Vader to some degree on her own. Suddenly Celeste's powers go down to zero when Muur takes over? That makes literally no sense. The force potential and power of Celeste will always be there when it's her body. Muur wanted powerful people as well, which would again make no sense if her power just went away and it was all Muur's.

Muur is stacking his power onto Celeste's power.

The real speculation however begins when you consider the amulet is filled with the Darkside, and Muur may be channelling more power than he himself may have been capable of when he was alive.

This does not make sense.

Muur takes over Celeste in full, and from this point, Muur channel his powers through her body. Celeste is just a vessel in this situation.

And it is possible that Celeste is not strong enough for Muur to realize his full strength. This is why he saw in Darth Vader a better potential host.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 10:56 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obviously Celeste isn't as powerful as Muur.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 11:02 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Can’t find the quotes, but I remember reading something on Muir being capable of using all of the abilities that his host has.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:28 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the abilities his host has isn't all of his own abilities, and that doesn't tell us whether he's using all of his power.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:37 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
This does not make sense.

Muur takes over Celeste in full, and from this point, Muur channel his powers through her body. Celeste is just a vessel in this situation.

And it is possible that Celeste is not strong enough for Muur to realize his full strength. This is why he saw in Darth Vader a better potential host.
It doesn't make sense that the force empowered host would add power to Muur's full power when he takes over?

So if Muur took completely over, there wouldn't be a vast difference in power if he used Plo Koon as a host, compared to Darth Vader?

There was no indication that it would allow him to use more of his own power. In fact, everytime he took over it was pretty much stated that he was afforded all his own power.
He wanted Vader because of his power, and because Celeste was powerful enough on her own to hold him back for so long.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Nov 1st, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:44 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the consensus is; You can only utilise as much power as your host's potential.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:45 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I looked through 2 issues

(please log in to view the image)

Here's an interesting one, which I know also happened earlier, but I didn't look through that issue yet. Celeste can draw on the power of Muur, which is common sense.

So essentially, Celeste can draw on the power of a spirit Muur, but Muur in no way can draw on the power of the real life body of Celeste that has a lot of force in herself? So basically, all her natural power goes away and any power is entirely Muur's own?
Or are you arguing that Muur can only drop in minute amounts of power because her essence isn't powerful enough? Which would still be saying that it's Celeste's power mixed with (hindered) Muur? Which would give us no way to accurately measure Muur's power on his own. So what is it that you're arguing?

And also, where was it stated that the force potential only allows more of Muur's power to come through? Where is this fact at? Because you'd think someone who's fought off Muur's possession for years would be plenty powerful. Even when he did possess her she still regain control to a degree.

Etc. A lot of assumptions, when a simple answer is that Celeste Morne + Muur = Muur's power in that arc... this is apparently a huge grasp at logic though?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:17 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not sure where you guys are taking this line of reasoning. When Muur was alive, he also wore the Muur talisman and had access to its powers. For Celeste-Muur to be stronger than Muur, her body would have to be a superior host to his own, which is the opposite of what is suggested. It's like saying Marka Ragnos was at his strongest when he fought against Jaden Korr, because he had "both his own power and Tavion's" to draw from.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It's not the same as Muur just outright possessing a body because Celeste IIRC is still an active agent, so we have Muur + Celeste + Talisman, assuming Muur has his own power separate from said talisman.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:40 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

but vader thought a reincarnated muur would be his own master and imagines kneeling before him yet he thinks he can take celeste channeling muur

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not sure where you guys are taking this line of reasoning. When Muur was alive, he also wore the Muur talisman and had access to its powers. For Celeste-Muur to be stronger than Muur, her body would have to be a superior host to his own, which is the opposite of what is suggested. It's like saying Marka Ragnos was at his strongest when he fought against Jaden Korr, because he had "both his own power and Tavion's" to draw from.
Except Muur used his amulet in life to spread the Rakghoul Plague (specualation)... if it had a use at all. The difference between it in life and death is that he transferred his entire essence into it when he "died". There's also no indication of how long he was using it in life... it's possible it was created for simply this purpose.
https://i.imgur.com/m3YKHGa.jpg

It even says he relies on powerful force users so he can use their force abilities. Couple this to when he takes over and gains new powers, and more raw power...

Last edited by One Big Mob on Nov 1st, 2018 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:43 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

This just means that Muur can use the powers of the Talisman through whichever body he's possessing, and this body needs to be powerful. You're attempting to connect dots that aren't there.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:49 PM