KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Big Win for Trump and Co: The ACA (aka Obamacare) ruled unconstitional

Big Win for Trump and Co: The ACA (aka Obamacare) ruled unconstitional
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Republicans coming up with any coherent idea for health care would be an enormous curve ball to Democrats. The closest they’ve come is trump tweeting “IM GOING TO PROTECT PREEXISTING CONDITIONS GIYS REALLY I PROMISE LOL”

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 05:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:12 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So.... Bidencare?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:13 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
There is no replacement. Republicans have had like a decade to come up with a viable alternative to pitch to people but there isn’t one. Just basically to go back to how things were before Obamacare, thus giving people with preexisting conditions a death sentence or bankruptcy.

Yup. They didn't have a better plan in 2017 when Trump/Republicans tried to outright repeal the ACA and McCain thankfully stopped it. They don't have a better plan now.

America needs to vote out as many of these scumbag Republicans as it can come November.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, if this continues, I may just go full Democrat this time around. 2016 was the only time I ever went right wing in my life but goddamn are they failing bad this time around.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:25 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Your application has been denied. Sorry.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know what that means.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 06:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The Supreme Court is set to take up two cases involving the ACA on Nov 10th, they could decide that the ACA is unconstitutional and that's that.

This would be a big personal win for Trump and Trumpers as he made it one of his big campaign promises to "dismantle" and destroy Obamacare"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:01 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Biden will make it better. Go Biden!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The SC could rule a few different ways on both cases involving the ACA, but if they flat out rule that the ACA is unconstitutional and therefore needs to be dismantled, there's nothing much Biden can do, as even a Presidential executive order does not override an SC decision.

It could fall to some states to try and keep the ACA themselves, if they have the foundation for it, iirc not many do, but the states would have to pay the subsidiaries themselves and there's no real incentives for the Insurance Companies to opt in, as they can make more money by denying people they deem "nonviable", ie people with preexisting conditions that will cost them more than the monthly premium they'd receive.

What we could potentially see is a new Health Care plan if the Democrats take the WH, take the Senate and keep the House. But that could take a few years. We'll see after the SC, as noted, could go more than just it stays or it goes.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:20 PM
dadudemon

I'm hoping for a true UHC option instead of Obamacare. I highly doubt that will happen.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm hoping for a true UHC option instead of Obamacare. I highly doubt that will happen.

So am I but I certainly don't want to see ppl lose coverage until we get there wink

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:49 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
So am I but I certainly don't want to see ppl lose coverage until we get there wink

thumb up

Seems like most people agree with both of us. So still not sure why we don't have an affordable UHC option...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Robs shaking in his boots

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 05:54 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon

Nah. Instead we’re just going to get something much worse than the ACA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 06:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Robs shaking in his boots

I have nothing personal to lose if the ACA goes away, as I have my own insurance for me and my family.

I do feel bad for the people who rely on it and could now lose their insurance, potentially at the risk of the lives, I'm also not a Trumper and have compassion for other people.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 07:15 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I have nothing personal to lose if the ACA goes away, as I have my own insurance for me and my family.

I do feel bad for the people who rely on it and could now lose their insurance, potentially at the risk of the lives, I'm also not a Trumper and have compassion for other people.

How many illegal aliens have you boarded and sheltered over you progressive lifespan?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 07:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

IOW: "I had no proper response so I am mad and shit-posting" -Broly

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 08:19 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, Bidencare? smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 08:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Blakemore
Biden will make it better. Go Biden!

Though thinking about it, what Biden needs to do every night of the debates is mention that the SC will be voting on the ACA on Nov 10th because of Trump's almost 4 year attack on the ACA and that if they rule against it, millions of Americans could lose their insurance by being dropped or priced out, especially if they have preexisting conditions. Hammer that shit home, as Trumpers who rely on the ACA will be watching.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 08:29 PM