KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Orville season 2

Orville season 2
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Okay can someone explain what happened at the end there?
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fractured timeline, or will it affect the series going forward, w. Ed and Kelly just knowing each other from one date seven years prior?

Other than that the ep was of course, great throughout, w. deeper questions balanced out by offbeat humor, and actual damn fine action.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The dancing scenes were superb, even if seeing Klyden was a turn off. The Kaylon chase/escape was another highlight for me, that was pretty damn cool.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 12:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Okay can someone explain what happened at the end there?
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fractured timeline, or will it affect the series going forward, w. Ed and Kelly just knowing each other from one date seven years prior?

Based on younger Kelly's reaction [SPOILER - highlight to read]: upon returning to her own point in time, how she was looking around and such, it doesn't seem like the memory wipe went as planned.

But yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out and whether it impacts the main timeline. Because that's an enormous change. Ed only ended up captain of the Orville because of the recommendation Kelly gave, after he'd been on a downward spiral for a year or so, which only happened because of their break up, which only happened because they were together in the first place.

And, IIRC, Ed was considered a star on the rise before all that, and was heading to top command at a very young age. So, new timeline Ed could be a potential big shot.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Based on younger Kelly's reaction [SPOILER - highlight to read]: upon returning to her own point in time, how she was looking around and such, it doesn't seem like the memory wipe went as planned.

But yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out and whether it impacts the main timeline. Because that's an enormous change. Ed only ended up captain of the Orville because of the recommendation Kelly gave, after he'd been on a downward spiral for a year or so, which only happened because of their break up, which only happened because they were together in the first place.

And, IIRC, Ed was considered a star on the rise before all that, and was heading to top command at a very young age. So, new timeline Ed could be a potential big shot.

Agreed; the ramifications could be pretty huge. It’d be neat to see the actors stretch the roles that way though.
On the minus side, time travel shenanigans can get old quick.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

They been doing a few 2 parters recently.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 03:57 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I agree with Riv that time travel shit can become tiresome. It can make things unnecessarily confusing, so I hope they don't pursue it for more than another episode or two at most.

That being said I actually liked this episode a LOT and I typically hate time travel plots.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:01 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Great finale. Anyone?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 11:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I find that sometimes The Orville doesn't excell at certain action sequences. The robot drones missing Ed and Whatshisname so horrendously at the beginning was silly.

But that black hole scene was fu#king awesome! thumb up thumb up

Nice seeing Alara again. I'll be glad for the time-line to return to normalcy, though. Assuming we get a Season 3!!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 11:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Shit show, IMO. McFarlane should have gave up after Ted 2.

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 12:19 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
... Assuming we get a Season 3!!

The ratings seem to have remained relatively consistent...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orville#Season_2_(2018%E2%80%9319)

...so shouldn't that bode well?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 06:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stringer
Shit show, IMO. McFarlane should have gave up after Ted 2.

The Orville isn't SDT, that's for sure.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 08:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really enjoyed it, as much as it felt like it flew by. I'd have been fine with a whole other episode after this one to stretch it out a little. One thing that did amuse me was how much like Star Wars this episode was. The call-backs, the way it was shot, it really does show how much McFarlane knows his shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 12:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Huh? I honestly thought the cliffhanger at the end of the penultimate episode wasnt going to be continued. And that it would just show shes created an alternate but coexisting timeline.

But was nice to see it continued into the finale giving us a classic trek type episode (but action packed).

Old Post May 9th, 2019 03:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoyed this season as well, hoping it's renewed for a 3rd

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2019 07:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

thumb up

The Orville’ Renewed for Season 3

https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-or...fox-1202612705/

Last edited by Inhuman on May 11th, 2019 at 09:57 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2019 09:52 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seth McFarlane does it again.

I fully expect the show to last exactly as long as STD, since network execs have proven time and again they are oblivious to quality programming, and probably just see it as a way to cut into a rival networks flagship.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2019 10:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I saw the news of it being renewed for Season 3 this morning and am pleased. thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2019 02:32 PM
riv6672

I too am pleased...! eek!

Old Post May 14th, 2019 05:53 PM