KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lego LOTR and Lego The Hobbit removed from digital stores

Lego LOTR and Lego The Hobbit removed from digital stores
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well there are some that do follow up reviews, It's very rarely tho.

Follow-up reviews are okay in some cases if the game started strong enough to begin with.

But games that were rushed out of the gate buggy as hell and with 0 content deserve their initial reviews because they released the game obviously buggy on purpose with plans to add 10-20gb worth of patches and not giving a single **** how much storage space that is.

Especially if the game is already like 400k gb like some of the notoriously huge NBA 2k games.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 03:19 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Oh sure, it happened. From what I hear, it happened.

Never personally experienced anything remotely as bad the brokenness on release of, say, Skyrim. Which, to this day, has me randomly falling off the map.

For the most part, the gains given by the ability to fix bugs, has cost a lot of broken games being rushed out the gate, because they could fix it in post. Just about every game in my library of NES, SNES, N64, PS1, and PS2 games work just fine, because real effort was made in quality control to make sure they worked. In another 20 years, those old games will be as playable as the day they were released. In the same 20 years, most 360 and ps3 games won't be playable on an xbox or ps3 (Though some may be available through other channels, but certainly not all.)

I'll take the unfixable broken bit in a largely playable game, over the current trend of shipping out broken products to be patched later because hard limits for profit margins.

You are forgetting the countless shitty games that were released, never fixed and forgotten. Just look at the numerous LJN games that were released on the NES......a practice that would never happen today.

Also, comparing games of the 8 bit/16-bit and early 3D to the games of today is a huge fallacy when complexity have increase ten fold. Developers didn't have to worry about netcode, the strains of the operating systems features, resolutions, framerates, complex AI, multiple developments and etc......

For example, complaining about buggy server code and then comparing it to how Mario was perfect and had no problems is laughable. But..its not true. Those games had bugs.....or they could never be speedrun.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 04:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
You are forgetting the countless shitty games that were released, never fixed and forgotten. Just look at the numerous LJN games that were released on the NES......a practice that would never happen today.

Also, comparing games of the 8 bit/16-bit and early 3D to the games of today is a huge fallacy when complexity have increase ten fold. Developers didn't have to worry about netcode, the strains of the operating systems features, resolutions, framerates, complex AI, multiple developments and etc......

For example, complaining about buggy server code and then comparing it to how Mario was perfect and had no problems is laughable. But..its not true. Those games had bugs.....or they could never be speedrun.
Even with patches... Idk, were significant patches a thing during the time of "two worlds"?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 06:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure what you mean about "two worlds".

Is "signficant" about the file size? Or something else.

I can't name specific bugs/games but games used to freeze and crash since the NES.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm not sure what you mean about "two worlds".

Is "signficant" about the file size? Or something else.

I can't name specific bugs/games but games used to freeze and crash since the NES.
I was talking about the game Two World's, where the game was Ride to Hell levels of awful.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 03:50 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I understand you are not a fan of modern game and its practices.

But let's not cherry pick certain games that are buggy.....

There was a ****ton of shitty old games. This isn't something new with modern consoles.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 04:45 AM
Jmanghan

I understand you are not a fan of modern game and its practices.

But let's not cherry pick certain games that are buggy.....

There was a ****ton of shitty old games. This isn't something new with modern consoles.
wot. I prefer modern games, lol.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 05:04 AM