KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Everyone from TOTJ vs Count Dooku

How does Dooku one-shot?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dooku one-shots them all with Lightning 5 0.06%
Dooku one-shots them all with Physical Strikes 4 0.04%
Dooku one-shots them all with TK 3 0.03%
Team Stomps 9001 99.87%
Total: 9013 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Everyone from TOTJ vs Count Dooku
Started by: bdsmbdsm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
Was Freedon Nadd even a WotC figure?

Also, I'd like to see AP's quotes that say the holocron Dooku used was a forgery.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Before anyone says anything, I found out Nadd does exist as a miniature, but the quote predates the Star Wars Miniatures series; it existed in 2003, whereas Star Wars Miniatures didn't begin production until 2004.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

February holidays so I might get down to a response. However I do have to write CaV posts that should have been done several months ago and write rebuttals to other people as well. Anyway don't be certain to expect anything but I might get a response done.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 12:36 AM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Also, I'd like to see AP's quotes that say the holocron Dooku used was a forgery.

Sheev's remarks in Jedi Path. I'd have to ask someone tp check it for me as I'm a good four housand miles away from home atm.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 02:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's stated many times (mostly in the Fact Files) that it was indeed the Dark Holocron. Sidious does believe the Jedi's various Sith artifacts are forgeries, but this case is likely the exception, as he is genuinely pleased with Dooku after acquiring the item. And to my knowledge, there's no specific quote about the DH being a fake, just Sidious speaking generally about most of the Sith knowledge available to the Order.

I'll have to go back and look through the relevant Fact Files, but I'm pretty certain the one Dooku obtains is the real deal.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 02:37 AM
Click here to Send bdsmbdsm a Private Message Find more posts by bdsmbdsm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Except the Fact Files are retconned by what Sidious has said. He states categorically that all of them were forgeries. Not just some. What's worse is that Kun completely smashes his holocron, on-panel. Better yet, the Jedi VS. Sith source goes out of its way to say that Dooku and Kun used different holocrons. There's a massive continuity error in the idea that Dooku used a holocron that was blown to pieces by Kun's fist. If we are using Sidious as a reliable source on its authenticity then the fact he makes clear that it's fake is far more believable and comes from a far more recent source on that matter.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:27 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Before anyone says anything, I found out Nadd does exist as a miniature, but the quote predates the Star Wars Miniatures series; it existed in 2003, whereas Star Wars Miniatures didn't begin production until 2004.

All of those articles are previews or enhancements of the over-all Star Wars Miniatures RPG series, so that's irrelevant.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:34 AM
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious overrides canonical facts with his opinions? It's stated that Dooku found and used it in the Fact Files, New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, Complete Encyclopedia etc. What Sheev thinks is irrelevant (and doesn't contradict the idea of there being exceptions to his statement)

It doesn't matter if Kun smashed it, it was clearly salvaged and later restored. The Essential Guide to the Force is fallible, as you know, since it's from the perspective of historians, Jedi, Sith etc. so that's largely irrelevant. Fact is, we have unbiased, infallible sources stating Dooku stole the legitimate Dark Holocron and studied it.

Last edited by bdsmbdsm on Feb 9th, 2019 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:40 AM
Click here to Send bdsmbdsm a Private Message Find more posts by bdsmbdsm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You can't repair it when all of the spirits with the information were destroyed after possessing the Jedi. erm

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 05:06 AM
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that actually stated? It should be the case, but it clearly isn't. We either go by the latest material (stating Dooku has the proper holocron) or the spirits weren't really destroyed and it's information was preserved. There are simply too many sources pointing to this being the real Dark Holocron in the Count's possession.

Could it not be argued that it's the genuine article but with missing knowledge? This would keep in line with the quotes stating 'Most of Kun's knowledge died with him' and fit with the numerous sources stating it's legit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 05:47 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I mean, can I see the actual quotes before we reach any census?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 08:55 AM
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You would've seen them already, surely... But okay then.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by bdsmbdsm on Feb 9th, 2019 at 09:06 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 09:04 AM
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can get the Fact File ones if you wish, but that'll take a bit of time.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 09:10 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Those are the only ones I care for.

But yeah no, you can't recover spirits that have been vanquished in the attempts to slay their Jedi masters. Those spirits being the gatekeepers. Not to mention, are entirely free from the holocron they were bound in.

There's a massive contradiction and the statements from Jedi Path and Jedi VS. Sith clearly attempt to rectify this oversight.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 09:41 AM
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disagreed. The Complete Encyclopedia was created after the Essential Guide to the Force, so it's clearly not a newly realised mistake that they attempted to fix with the more recent material. As for the Jedi Path quote, I haven't been able to find it. I know a statement like that exists, but I'm positive it's not in that material.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 10:21 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

TCSWE is absolutely riddled with inconsistent statements against the rest of continuity.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 11:48 AM
Kurll

Originally posted by TheMuser
I'd be down for the Malak quote being entirely about game play. Dope.

^

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Kurll a Private Message Find more posts by Kurll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bdsmbdsm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, it's only about game play? Why tf didn't AP lead with this from the start?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 02:37 PM
Kurll

lmao it's likely also gameplay

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Kurll a Private Message Find more posts by Kurll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by bdsmbdsm
Wait, it's only about game play? Why tf didn't AP lead with this from the start?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 06:25 AM