KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » A What If Question About Rape.

A What If Question About Rape.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Fair enough, what do you think would be a good punishment for someone making a false accusation? IE. the person wasn't really raped, or they were but purposely/knowingly id'd the wrong person.

A defamantion counter-suit.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:26 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Astner
No. Because it would discourage rape victims from coming forward. What should be done to limit the imprisonment of people who've been falsely accused of rape is to raise the standard of evidence that lead to a conviction.

Well the same standard of evidence applies to proving a false allegation.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:27 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

A defamantion counter-suit.

So they should face no legal consequences for lying to the police and trying to take away an innocent person's freedom?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:36 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

So they should face no legal consequences for lying to the police and trying to take away an innocent person's freedom?
Prove they were lying, Rape is always difficult to prosecute and defend because of the usual privacy of coitus.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Prove they were lying, Rape is always difficult to prosecute and defend because of the usual privacy of coitus.

Them being proven to have lied was inherent in my question, since I specified legit false accusations.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Just heard this question raised.

WHAT IF... they made it that if a Person FALSELY Accuses Some One of rape that if it gets proven that the False Accuser Faces the Same Punishment that the Falsley Accuesed would have faced.

Good Idea Or Bad Idea?

And if you think "BAD IDEA".

Can You explain why?

smokin'

They should be severely punished, yes. As much as a rapist would be if the crime was proven true? I'm not so sure. Still, enough to make anyone think twice about flippantly accusing anyone of something like that. Though in saying that, proving that someone is lying should be done with the same expectation of proof as proving that someone did it.

There's still that massive bracket that involves them not being able to prove that the person was raped, but not being able to prove that the person was lying either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Them being proven to have lied was inherent in my question, since I specified legit false accusations.
How often does that happen, it's so rare that's why it always makes the headlines when it does, or at least in the U.K. that's the case.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:53 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Women in this day and age are vindictive and shallow... wow!

Either your dense or an outright liar.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:18 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Either your dense or an outright liar.
What? I quoted you and added, "wow".

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:19 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What are you planning Fly?
laughing out loud

Originally posted by Flyattractor
WHAT IF... they made it that if a Person FALSELY Accuses Some One of rape that if it gets proven that the False Accuser Faces the Same Punishment that the Falsley Accuesed would have faced.
People who lie about being raped should be punished and/or sued for defamation. They make it That Much More difficult for genuine rape victims to get justice, as well as possibly ruining the life of the falsely accused.

#toxicbehaviorregardlessofgender

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jan 30th, 2019 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
laughing out loud

People who lie about being raped should be punished and/or sued for defamation. They make it That Much More difficult for genuine rape victims to get justice, as well as possibly ruining the life of the falsely accused.

#toxicbehaviorregardlessofgender
I don't disagree with this at all. But it must be proven they lied as you state MS.

Nice hashtag mate. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:45 PM
Raptor22

Honest question for those who would be in support of this. Would u be in favor of this for false accusations for every other crime, and would u extend this this to knowingly providing false witness statements to police and/or false testimony at trial which could potentially take away someones freedom.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:11 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22
Honest question for those who would be in support of this. Would u be in favor of this for false accusations for every other crime, and would u extend this this to knowingly providing false witness statements to police and/or false testimony at trial which could potentially take away someones freedom.
Good and Interesting post, morally yes, but as you suggest the logistics would be impossible. I do think a falsely accused person for rape could be a special case, but I'm not sure.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:21 PM
Silent Master

How often does that happen, it's so rare that's why it always makes the headlines when it does, or at least in the U.K. that's the case.

I'd like to see your source.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you are a legit rape victim I don't know why strict laws against lying about rape would prevent you from coming forward.

Accusing someone of rape and lacking solid evidence to back your claims is NOT the same as lying about rape.

Would someone say that making it a crime to falsely report a crime deters people from reporting actual crimes?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
They should be severely punished, yes. As much as a rapist would be if the crime was proven true? I'm not so sure. Still, enough to make anyone think twice about flippantly accusing anyone of something like that. Though in saying that, proving that someone is lying should be done with the same expectation of proof as proving that someone did it.

There's still that massive bracket that involves them not being able to prove that the person was raped, but not being able to prove that the person was lying either.
good post. thumb up

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:36 PM
dadudemon

Women in this day and age are vindictive and shallow... wow!

The average younger American Woman? A significant portion, yes. These types are vain, shallow, entitled, and disloyal.

(please log in to view the image)

I just went through the dating game gauntlet and saw far too much of this from the opposite sex. Some of this can be blamed on the toxicity of the Millennial generation and Social Media (not mutually exclusive).

But sorry to burst bubbles, a significant portion of young American men aren't any better.

More on the topic, I call this type of woman the "White American Basic B*tch." Even white people are tired of the Basic B*tch persona. Seems it is fading out and not tolerated as much among Gen Z which is great. Let the Basic B*tch personality die.

The men have the incels, f*ckboys, and douchebags groups.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
The average younger American Woman? A significant portion, yes. These types are vain, shallow, entitled, and disloyal.

(please log in to view the image)

I just went through the dating game gauntlet and saw far too much of this from the opposite sex. Some of this can be blamed on the toxicity of the Millennial generation and Social Media (not mutually exclusive).

But sorry to burst bubbles, a significant portion of young American men aren't any better.

More on the topic, I call this type of woman the "White American Basic B*tch." Even white people are tired of the Basic B*tch persona. Seems it is fading out and not tolerated as much among Gen Z which is great. Let the Basic B*tch personality die.

The men have the incels, f*ckboys, and douchebags groups.
I pity American men and women then. Although I have dated two Americans and never had any problems beyond the usual break up emotions with either. Guess I was lucky!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:15 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well the same standard of evidence applies to proving a false allegation.

Except that's not how the contemporary judiciary functions. Only one case is handled at a time in order to minimize bias on behalf of the judge and jurry.

But lying under oath is punishable.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:30 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Except that's not how the contemporary judiciary functions. Only one case is handled at a time in order to minimize bias on behalf of the judge and jurry.

But lying under oath is punishable.

Not in the US. You're tried for indictments in the same case. This is why you see, for publicized court cases, the judge read off the jury verdicts on indictment counts (now conviction counts).

Or are you talking about Civil cases (tort)? It's the same.

You may have a kinder more modern judicial system in your home country than the US.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote