KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ghost Rider Vs Voldemort

Ghost Rider Vs Voldemort
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It's true we never see Voldemort transmute anyone, so I suppose you could say he couldn't going by feats. Though I'd point out Barty Crouch Jr. easily turned Malfoy into a ferret. That was just to mess with him in a non-lethal way though. Voldemort is usually trying to be lethal so he tends to have no need.
Voldemorts a high level wizard. Transmutation is a core class at Hogwarts thats taught from the very first year (though it takes years to actually learn it well since it's supposed to be super complex). Yeah, by the rules of ths forum one could argue he cant do it since we've never seen him do it, but he was a student at Hogwarts which means he took the class every year he was enrolled. There's no way he doesn't know some transfiguration spells, so those arguing he flat out cant would look pretty desperate IMO.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 05:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

By the same token we'd need some proof transmutation works on an undead, angelic demon second only to Satan, but powerful enough that Satan cant hurt him.

There's no guarantee Voldemorts magic would even work on such an entity considering some magical creatures like giants, dragons and trolls have magical resistance.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 05:59 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Voldemorts a high level wizard. Transmutation is a core class at Hogwarts thats taught from the very first year (though it takes years to actually learn it well since it's supposed to be super complex). Yeah, by the rules of ths forum one could argue he cant do it since we've never seen him do it, but he was a student at Hogwarts which means he took the class every year he was enrolled. There's no way he doesn't know some transfiguration spells, so those arguing he flat out cant would look pretty desperate IMO.

The ppl arguing he would seem desperate to me.
Like you said, its something we’ve never seen him do so its not in character.
I dont make my threads w. CBR/bloodlust/out of character stips, so i dismiss responses like that anyway.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 07:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

Originally posted by Surtur
Just gonna say, I wish we could use book characters. I'd love to see Harry Dresden destroy ol' Voldy.

yes, I also wanted to see: sauron, morgoth, the crimson king, etc. massacring the universe of harry potter.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 07:55 PM
snoke123 is currently offline Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
I fixed it for you.

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 04:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the same token we'd need some proof transmutation works on an undead, angelic demon second only to Satan, but powerful enough that Satan cant hurt him.

There's no guarantee Voldemorts magic would even work on such an entity considering some magical creatures like giants, dragons and trolls have magical resistance.

On one hand you have a point, on the other hand when it comes to resist more esoteric abilities that have nothing to do with physical toughness I prefer feats.

This doesn't even necessarily mean we specifically need to see someone try to transmute him and fail, but I just don't think he's displayed enough actual power to be granted such an immunity.

Compare it to another being Voldemort was put up against recently: Q. Q has never been shown to specifically resist a magical spell. It's assumed he can due to his overall levels of power and toughness. GR doesn't have that going for him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 04:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So a fusion of demon and angel around Satan's level doesn't have that going for him?

Giants and trolls have spells bounce off them. But you dont think Ghost Rider can wade through a few?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 05:02 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So a fusion of demon and angel around Satan's level doesn't have that going for him?

Giants and trolls have spells bounce off them. But you dont think Ghost Rider can wade through a few?

His level of power doesn't have that going for him IMO.

I do think GR could wade through some spells. I agree that most would be useless on him. The wizards are sometimes stupid and try to use stunning spells and stuff on giants and trolls.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 05:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The people of HP seriously aren't very bright. That's not a joke, the adults are dangerously stupid. I can't explain it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 05:13 PM
John Murdoch

^Ah, Harry Potter characters in a forum fight again. Tough to call, as they could roll over quite a few opponents that come there way with quick-draw McGraw spells, or they could get stomped by a rational man with a shotgun embodied trope.

As for this though, my man Riv has finally made his spite thread: Apart from his insane supernatural origins and makeup and such, Nic Cage Ghost Rider has all sorts of options with his chains, hellfire weaponry, Penance Stare, not to mention super-duper physical attributes. Tom Riddle ain't doing anything here.

Ghost Rider gets a chain in Tom and it all goes downhill for HP's big bad.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 04:26 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks for the Bump.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 08:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

What exactly are we debating? If Vold can beat GR, or if GR magic is stronger than HP magic?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 09:20 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

All i wanted to know is who wins a fight, which i got my answer to early on (Ghost Rider).
Not sure whar tangent its taken, as i have Surt in ignore. Its like listening to one side of a phone call.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 11:15 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by riv6672
The ppl arguing he would seem desperate to me.
Like you said, its something we’ve never seen him do so its not in character.
I dont make my threads w. CBR/bloodlust/out of character stips, so i dismiss responses like that anyway.
I agree, I said the same in my first post. I'm not arguing that he would, but that he could if given enough time to figure it which is dependent on opponent. There is no way he doesn't know a few basic transfiguration spells. It's like arguing that a biological genius like Dr. Strange can't name off all your internal organs or Tony Stark doesn't know what square roots are since we've never seen them display that kind of basic knowledge of their respective fields, which is asinine. That said, Ghost Rider isn't someone he could last against long enough to figure it out so it's a moot point anyways.

Thats not a bad argument, but magic has worked on plenty of magical creatures in the HP universe like dementors, banshees, house elves, phoenixes, and other wizards.

Plus, transfiguration isn't an offensive spell. It's not like a killing curse which obviously someone undead could have resistance to. It just transforms matter. The burden of proof would be on you to show that movie Ghost Rider is resistant to something like that.

Originally posted by Lestov16
What exactly are we debating? If Vold can beat GR, or if GR magic is stronger than HP magic?
IDK if there's really any debate here. Everyone agrees Ghost Rider wins without much trouble. Only really disagreement is over whether transfiguration would work on Ghost Rider. It doesn't matter since Voldie would be done long before he attempted transfiguration since it's not one of his go-to spells. If this battle was against an opponent he could actually duel for an extended period of time, maybe he could figure it out but that's not the case here.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 02:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote