KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2020 Presidential Election Discussion

Who will be the Democratic Nominee?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Biden 17 27.42%
Sanders 15 24.19%
Harris 5 8.06%
Klobuchar 2 3.23%
Warren 3 4.84%
Castro 1 1.61%
Michelle Obama 7 11.29%
Cory Booker 2 3.23%
Tulsi Gabbard 4 6.45%
Pete Buttigieg 0 0%
Yang 6 9.68%
Total: 62 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2020 Presidential Election Discussion
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (522): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

My biggest problems with Trump are his protectionist trade policy, his character, and the general stance of the republican party on criminal justice reflected in his original appointment of Jeff Sessions.

Those are criticisms I have of Trump, and given my disdain for a lot of the Democrats' platform if they don't cut the other way on the things I disagree with the Trump administration on they are going to find it nearly impossible to earn my vote since they aren't offering anything I find to be better.

Kamala Harris seems to be something of a protectionist herself rather than a free trade person, her moral character as someone with virtually the same sexual ethics as Trump and her obsessively racial lens through which she views the world isn't a winning point for me, and I don't trust her with criminal justice given her record.

Beto on the other hand is actually in favor of free trade and (at least in his Texas run) lower corporate taxes because he's not economically illiterate to how economic growth works, and he's given me no reason to doubt his character or his sincerity when it comes to criminal justice.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:39 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Use the quick-quote function to quote when people are posting using a shitty Apple device. Get with it.

I get that, but attacking a candidate on their weak morals while supporting a POTUS who’s shown nigh zero morals is silly.

Again it's not that her weak morals disqualify her in and of themselves, or that I defend Trump's moral character.

It's that I agree with Trump more than the democrats on policy, so if a candidate is just as bad as him or near as bad as him in the areas with which I take issue with Trump, then there's no selling point for me.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:48 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Honestly, you're painting Harris is be a lot like Trump, so if he's fit for office, why not her.

I don't know a lot about her aside from the top layer stuff you see/hear. I will be looking very closely into her soon though, if she comes out as a serious contender, which seems to be what people expect/believe in the Dem primary.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
Honestly, you're painting Harris is be a lot like Trump, so if he's fit for office, why not her.

I don't know a lot about her aside from the top layer stuff you see/hear. I will be looking very closely into her soon though, if she comes out as a serious contender, which seems to be what people expect/believe in the Dem primary.

It's not a matter of "SUCH A PERSON SHALL NOT DISGRACE THE WHITE HOUSE" it's a matter of whether or not she's fit for my vote.

Kamala Harris is a candidate who differs from Trump in the areas that I agree with Trump on, and mirrors Trump in the areas in which I am critical of him.

Therefore in the viewpoint of who I am willing to vote for, Trump has redeeming qualities for me in terms of my political standpoints, Kamala doesn't.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:53 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope the Dems play as dirty as Trump this election. It would be oh so fun to watch. I’m tired of their moral high ground card they’ve been playing.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 07:04 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's not a matter of "SUCH A PERSON SHALL NOT DISGRACE THE WHITE HOUSE" it's a matter of whether or not she's fit for my vote.

Kamala Harris is a candidate who differs from Trump in the areas that I agree with Trump on, and mirrors Trump in the areas in which I am critical of him.

Therefore in the viewpoint of who I am willing to vote for, Trump has redeeming qualities for me in terms of my political standpoints, Kamala doesn't.

Fair enough then

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 07:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Biden announced he's running.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 04:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Biden was "95% sure" a week or two ago, so it was expected.

This is really his only chance, running against someone like Trump. If the Republicans try and dig up something shitty and inappropriate he's said 10-20-30 years ago, they'll look foolish as Trump says shitty and inappropriate comments on a nigh daily basis and they pretend it's not happening.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 05:14 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Kamela's morals are nowehere near as weak as Trump.

False equivocation,

She does not lie anywher enear as much per multiple factcheckers, she has not done things as shitty as Trump has.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 08:48 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm still sad that Richard Ojeda decided against campaigning. It was the right move, since he had no chance of actually winning, but it would still have been a treat to see a guy like him on the debate floor.

Of those who are still in the running, Andrew Yang is the only one who's managed to grab my attention. I'm not certain that I'm actually on board with his policy direction, but if nothing else he's talking about some interesting things. The rest strike me as either completely unremarkable or outright nauseating, although in fairness there's a couple names up there that I don't recognize.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 09:26 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Kamela's morals are nowehere near as weak as Trump.

False equivocation,

She does not lie anywher enear as much per multiple factcheckers, she has not done things as shitty as Trump has.

Nope, wrong again, Libtard. Fact: she had an affair with a married man, she's literally Hitler

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 03:47 PM
snowdragon

Beto is in the race now, so exciting roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 04:39 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Speaking of Beto, seems the hoopla today about Beto is he ate some of that holistic heal thyself dirt, it's all over the Far-Right/Alt-Right news networks; they're pushing hard.

Will say again, if a 20+ year old DUI and now some dirt nonsense is the best mud the opposition can dig up to throw against Beto politically, he's doing fine on that front.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 03:51 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was on fox.

foaming hard today huh? started posting at 7am

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 04:09 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
It was on fox.

foaming hard today huh? started posting at 7am
Rob said the alt right networks.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 04:52 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fox isn’t alt right.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 04:57 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 05:03 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry links don’t mean truths.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 05:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Fox isn’t alt right.

I love that they're still too stupid to properly use this term lol.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 07:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How did I use it incorrectly here, sport?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 07:19 PM