KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Disney/Fandango Captain Marvel Conspiracy!

The Disney/Fandango Captain Marvel Conspiracy!
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's strong-arming the movie goers as well. Not everyone wants to see Captain Marvel believe it or not, but if this is true, then no one will be able to do anything but for those days. It's either see Captain Marvel, or don't watch a movie for a week.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 12:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
It's strong-arming the movie goers as well. Not everyone wants to see Captain Marvel believe it or not, but if this is true, then no one will be able to do anything but for those days. It's either see Captain Marvel, or don't watch a movie for a week.
Cue up and buy at the theatre.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 12:37 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Buy what at the theater? A Captain Marvel ticket? If they're only showing that, what else is thre to buy?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 01:03 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A Trip to Red Box?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 03:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I find her very attractive. I'm not comparing Fly Pr, I'm comparing his words, which you have to agree are very similar in how he describes women. Although I will agree this normalization of the rhetoric used by hardcore misogynists across the internet is unpleasant.

I'll be honest, I would suspect every movie theater knows it's the big ticket, despite a small but vocal minority with a very strange agenda flexing their internet muscles. I doubt much strong arming was required, the odd discount or kick-back to the main company owning the theaters perhaps.

Calling someone a "stuck up, snotty *****" is hardly hardcore misogyny. I've called, and been called far worse in my life, as I'm sure we all have. And Roger, iirc, hated men as much as women. I don't know what the word is for that. Well, other than ****.

If it was an isolated incident I might agree, but I think it was one of the Star Wars movies last year brought similar things to light about Disney holding cinemas to ransom if they wanted to continue to show their movies. There's promotion and then there's anti-consumerism.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 04:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by KingD19

Is not seeing a movie for a week some kind of torture for people these days or something?

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 04:36 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's almost as if a massive corporation strong-arming cinemas is a bad thing. But then half of you idiots applauded Disney for buying Fox, so I can't say I'm surprised you don't see an issue with shit like this.

With that said, I'm not convinced Disney is doing anything this time. Most of the films in theaters right now are relatively small, and they tend not to put these showings on Fandango (or other online retailers) until the week of.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:02 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

You guys are being insane. You know there's no way all movie theaters are only going to show Captain Marvel

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:33 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The "Disney is the boogie man taking over the world" tinfoil hat nerds are cringe af tbh.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:44 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Disney is trying to "Take Over the World" at least the Entertainment World.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 02:30 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You guys are being insane. You know there's no way all movie theaters are only going to show Captain Marvel

When the 1st Avengers movie premiered in Australia, every major theatre showed nothing but screenings of The Avengers in all their cinemas....for the 1st 3 days.

To put that in perspective, one major theatre in the city has 15 cinemas in their complex.

Each cinema played the film 7 sessions per day over 15 screens.
That's 105 screenings a day...a total of 315 screenings over the first 3 days.

Even the Star Wars films never generated this much hype. Theatres were only willing to give up 3 screens for each premiere.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:53 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Calling someone a "stuck up, snotty *****" is hardly hardcore misogyny. I've called, and been called far worse in my life, as I'm sure we all have. And Roger, iirc, hated men as much as women. I don't know what the word is for that. Well, other than ****.

If it was an isolated incident I might agree, but I think it was one of the Star Wars movies last year brought similar things to light about Disney holding cinemas to ransom if they wanted to continue to show their movies. There's promotion and then there's anti-consumerism.
Yeah, but I suspect you, like me, have only been calledworse by people you have personally interacted with. I dont see you as someone who would insult an actress online over some misquotes and half truths without context.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:48 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
When the 1st Avengers movie premiered in Australia, every major theatre showed nothing but screenings of The Avengers in all their cinemas....for the 1st 3 days.

To put that in perspective, one major theatre in the city has 15 cinemas in their complex.

Each cinema played the film 7 sessions per day over 15 screens.
That's 105 screenings a day...a total of 315 screenings over the first 3 days.

Even the Star Wars films never generated this much hype. Theatres were only willing to give up 3 screens for each premiere.

That's pretty crazy. Being a stupid American, I didn't really take other countries into perspective. But here, that would never happen, were too bitchy about choice.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:13 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's pretty crazy. Being a stupid American, I didn't really take other countries into perspective. But here, that would never happen, were too bitchy about choice.
Yeah, you'd never have justbonevon in the U.K. either.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol I heard this theory that for Avengers Endgame Marvel made two different cuts. One cut features substantially less Captain Marvel and was going to be used if the Captain Marvel movie bombed.

No proof of this of course and I doubt it's true, but it is weird the stuff people come up with.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 08:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol I heard this theory that for Avengers Endgame Marvel made two different cuts. One cut features substantially less Captain Marvel and was going to be used if the Captain Marvel movie bombed.

No proof of this of course and I doubt it's true, but it is weird the stuff people come up with.

I heard that as well. It sounded like the Russo Bros weren't interested in including Captain Marvel, but Disney forced them.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 10:02 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The Russo Bros did not want to include CM because they feel she has not earned it like the OG Avengers.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 10:04 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
Looks like Fly triggered Bruce again.
Says the guys crying about Disney as some evil corporation. You people need lives and need to quit acting so butthurt over the mighty king of the cinema.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I know they are idiots and paranoid morons.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard that as well. It sounded like the Russo Bros weren't interested in including Captain Marvel, but Disney forced them.

Seems they wanna try to make CM necessary viewing for Endgame, sorta like they did with Black Panther and Infinity War.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote