KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Calls for Schitt to resign, to much of a coward to resign

Calls for Schitt to resign, to much of a coward to resign
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I mean...I thought my point was rather obvious.

(please log in to view the image)

I'll do better to explain myself, next time.

In Surtur's defense (he doesn't need me to white knight him but I'm doing it anyway), I think he's talking about probability of encounter by race. You'll have poorer neighborhoods that get patrolled more often due to crime because they are poor. Poorer neighborhoods have far more blacks than in suburbs. So the stop and frisk statistics might be another "victim" of population density and poverty statistics rather than a true racist policy. A way to measure and control for this is to check on a "sister city" that has similar population density and crime but a much smaller concentration of black population (in other words, look for a "whiter" city). If stop and frisk activities are better predicted by crime heat maps rather than race heat maps, Surtur is 100% correct and the idea that Stop and Frisk policies are usually racist becomes another one of the false myths.

However, I do not have the time to do a dive into something like this. Nor do I care to do a heat map comparison to find out if this is racist or not. I will take the lazy way out and continue to tell people that, in general, stop and frisk policies are racist and should be stopped. They violate the 4th amendment rights, as well, which is far far more important than finding drugs on a black man. FYI, to my British friend (Whirly), stop and frisk is an illegal search and seizure. They must have probable cause or a warrant before they can stop and frisk someone. Being poor and black is not probable cause.

"Daddy Dadudemon! No-oooooooooooooooo!" -Surt's inner thoughts right now

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

I could be wrong but I thought stop and frisk was only in New York.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:30 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean...I thought my point was rather obvious.

(please log in to view the image)

I'll do better to explain myself, next time.

In Surtur's defense (he doesn't need me to white knight him but I'm doing it anyway), I think he's talking about probability of encounter by race. You'll have poorer neighborhoods that get patrolled more often due to crime because they are poor. Poorer neighborhoods have far more blacks than in suburbs. So the stop and frisk statistics might be another "victim" of population density and poverty statistics rather than a true racist policy. A way to measure and control for this is to check on a "sister city" that has similar population density and crime but a much smaller concentration of black population (in other words, look for a "whiter" city). If stop and frisk activities are better predicted by crime heat maps rather than race heat maps, Surtur is 100% correct and the idea that Stop and Frisk policies are usually racist becomes another one of the false myths.

However, I do not have the time to do a dive into something like this. Nor do I care to do a heat map comparison to find out if this is racist or not. I will take the lazy way out and continue to tell people that, in general, stop and frisk policies are racist and should be stopped. They violate the 4th amendment rights, as well, which is far far more important than finding drugs on a black man. FYI, to my British friend (Whirly), stop and frisk is an illegal search and seizure. They must have probable cause or a warrant before they can stop and frisk someone. Being poor and black is not probable cause.

Bingo.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Lol, he didn't read it, only skimmed

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Wrong, try again thumb up

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys, we were having good convo with adult stuff and you brought it back to the stupid back and forth petty crap again.

You can still have your petty differences by try to avoid descending into post after post of poop slinging.

That next time I see you guys do this, I'll start issue bans.

Too late, Rob couldn't help himself lol. He needed a pretend win and I'll allow it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:32 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must have a bullshit job to sit around and read bullshit articles all day.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:32 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by mike brown
I could be wrong but I thought stop and frisk was only in New York.

I have no interest in calling you wrong but there are a ton of states with laws like these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_...entify_statutes

They fall into the broader category of "Stop and Identify" laws.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

He may have. I gave Surtur a huge out if someone with an immense amount of time wants to the the statistics on it. It's possible that thousands of us are wrong about stop and frisk.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have no interest in calling you wrong but there are a ton of states with laws like these:

I would think getting frisked would be worse though. They aren't gonna find illegal drugs on you just by asking you to ID yourself.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:36 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

He may have. I gave Surtur a huge out if someone with an immense amount of time wants to the the statistics on it. It's possible that thousands of us are wrong about stop and frisk.

Possible sure, not likely.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 11:54 PM
steverules_2

Possible sure, not likely.

Rob when did you have gender reassingment?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 12:06 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

actually come to think of it I did get stopped andfrisked when I lived in Florida. I think it's just more common in NY cause it's more of a pedestrian city.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 12:33 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by steverules_2
Rob when did you have gender reassingment?

Jul 27th, 2005:

Hai guys, new here. I'm Roberta Tardis and I just transitioned into a tranny.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 07:24 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 09:27 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jul 27th, 2005:

Hai guys, new here. I'm Roberta Tardis and I just transitioned into a tranny.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 09:34 PM