KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kit Fisto vs. TPM Maul

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Maul 8 0.09%
Fisto 9001 99.91%
Total: 9009 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kit Fisto vs. TPM Maul
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaveDude33211

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I must confess, I'm more familiar with Canon Fisto than Legends (there are a couple books I am only familiar with, and have not read that include Fisto), but if I remember correctly, Legends Fisto had a sparring match with post-AotC Kenobi, correct? And during said sparring match, Fisto was the decisive victor. AotC Kenobi was far more developed than TPM Kenobi. TPM Kenobi was virtually Qui-Gon's eaual thanks to the young reader novels which cover Kenobi's training under Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon and Maul were also extremely close, with Maul edging out due to stamina, I believe.

So, Fisto>Post-AotC Kenobi>AotC Kenobi>TPM Kenobi~Qui-Gon<=TPM Maul.

By simple scaling, Fisto>>>TPM Maul.

Of course, looking at Canon, that story changes. We only really have Fisto's accolade from Mace in the Mace Windu comic regarding Fisto being "unrivaled", which, while clearly hyperbole, does let us know that Mace considers Fisto to be top-tier. And we have Fisto's showing against General Griecous, where he easily chops off a hand, scores a hit on Grievous' shoulder, and lands a Force push all in short order. And of course, Fisto blocking a few of Sidious' attacks before dying.

While Maul has many more showings, the only direct line osf comparison between the two seems to be Grievous and Sidious.

Maul has encountered Grievous three times in Son if Dathomir. Once, Grievous seems to easily defeat him. The second battle, Maul tackles Grievous and we don't really see any combat. The third time, Maul Force pushes Grievous without the two ever crossing blades. Maul's showing against Sidious is tricky to count, as Palpatine was clearly toying with the brothers at first, and Maul only really did well after his brother was killed in front of him. And even then, we know Sidious intended to take Maul alive to lure out Talzin, so we know he never actually tried to kill Maul.

Leaving just their performance against Grievous to compare the two in Canon. And on that front, I'd say Kit Fisto did better than Maul, in my opinion. We actually see him crossing blades with the cyborg general for a time, and Grievous never lands so much as a kick on Fisto. The same cannot be said for SoD Maul. And all indication seems to be that SoD Maul>>>TPM Maul, so there's no guarantee TPM Maul could even replicate the level of ability he demonstrated throughout the Clone Wars.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 07:58 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Ugh why is TPM Maul so underrated?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 12:01 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Because he’s trash people hear tier 8 and use it as their saving grace but smartbois know the tier system doesn’t count anymore so Maul is stuck with failing to stop a weist rocket, not blitzing Komari Vosa, not blitzing Qui-Gon Jinn, not blitzing TPM Kenobi

But getting blitzed by Siolo Ur’manka :/

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 01:22 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

That would imply Qui-Gon and TPM Kenobi are tiers below him. Even if they aren’t on his level which they weren’t they weren’t so far below him that he’d be expected to blitz them.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 03:44 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Yo but in Cestus Deception Fisto literally throws himself off balance and uses his off hand and Kenobi still admits he’s the better duelist :/

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 04:55 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Maul was injured by a blaster when he beat Vosa

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 07:43 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Doesn’t mean anything lol Sidious would still be able to blitz the B-team with a damaged arm

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 08:08 PM
CuckedCurry

Assuming that Tiin and Kolar are looking at the traffic again of course

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 08:10 PM
Meatpants

Maul beats him.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Yo but in Cestus Deception Fisto literally throws himself off balance and uses his off hand and Kenobi still admits he's the better duelist :/
thumb up

quote:
Obi-Wan and Kit had been engaged for an hour now, each seeking holes in the other's defense. Obi-Wan swiftly discovered that Kit was the better swordfighter, astonishingly aggressive and intuitive in comparison with Obi-Wan's more measured style. But the Nautolan gave himself deliberate disadvantages, hampered himself in terms of balance, limited his speed, emphasized his nondominant side to force himself to full attention, the kind of full attention that can be best accessed only when life itself is at risk. To relax and feel the flow of the Force under such stress was the true road to mastery.

-Cestus Deception

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Kit Fistos Maul. cool

Maul orgasms before he dies.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 12:10 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

So I guess a pre prime Maul getting blitzed by Siolo means he is shit. Nevermind that he was still an apprentice. Nevermind that he fought and killed one of the best duelists in the history of the jedi order (Qui Gon). Lets all look at his low end feats

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:04 PM
CuckedCurry

Ur deffo a maul sympathiser

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 08:14 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Ur deffo a maul sympathiser

I do like him

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:46 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I do like him

U need some Rule34 Maul Pr0n

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:57 PM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Well of course TPM Maul > TPM Kenobi Lol I’m just saying that as of TPM both Jinn and Kenobi wouldn’t be expected to be stomped by Maul which obviously didn’t happen.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 12:44 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Actually, on neutral ground without Maul's prep and advantages, the TPM duo would beat Maul.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

They wouldn’t

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:11 PM
CuckedCurry

Well they might but it wouldn’t be through skill it’d be through numbers

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:15 PM
Meatpants

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 07:20 PM