KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Elaine Belloc & Mr Mxy vs Thanos W/ HOTU & Molecule Man

Elaine Belloc & Mr Mxy vs Thanos W/ HOTU & Molecule Man
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Where did we see that a weakened Mxy can destroy all of creation in the latest issue of JL?

it wasn't in the last issue
but he's been currently weakened,
also in mind controlled state he's unimagining everything in existence
(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:29 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

I'm confused by that scan. Who is he referring to that will "unimagine everything?"

Also, how do you know he's weakened in the 6th?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:37 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually, he was weakened because Zatanna depowered him via a spell.
After he recovered, he was still afraid of Prime.

btw, I'm not low-balling Mxy, I know this is pis, or cis, canon, but real,
but it shows that no cat is immune to yellow stinky no matter how grandiose their past feats.
Its that, you make it seem like anything vs Mxy is an auto win for em, uhm, not the case.

Don't get me wrong, most of the great powers of Marvel have been victimized likewise.

We know, if Owen wanted to erase a shoe-box sized object, he could.
Again, there's no grand difference here. They both had absolute control over the entirety of their side.

Both in scales that seem ridiculous.

Prime is a special case, and even he didn't have a win over Mxy on panel. Prime is from our universe, outside of the mainstream universe.

Mxy revealed that he was weakened in that same issue Mind posted.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm confused by that scan. Who is he referring to that will "unimagine everything?"

Also, how do you know he's weakened in the 6th?

It's missing a page, the one saying that is Jarro, Batman's baby Starro he keeps in a jar who made telepathic contact with Mxy.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ju...21?id=152935#13

Sorry about the ads, but I'm too lazy to tinypic it. thumb down

Mind's scan shows how he's weakened, where he talks about how Imagination is dying and making their "lifeblood" drain out.

And yeah, I figured the pencil scan was what he was actually talking about.

Without a time frame or context though that scan is frankly not particularly helpful. Given the story's events Jarro is most likely referring to the Multiverse sure, but he isn't actually destroying the Multiverse in one swoop as evidenced by the fact that he hasn't even destroyed Earth yet.

Indeed, the latest issue only said he was "unwriting the Earth itself".

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He's not doing it one fell swoop, but then again, he's not at full power. I'm assuming "everything in existence" means OMNIVERSE, not Multiverse. DC entire creation is an omniverse.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:48 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by NemeBro
It's missing a page, the one saying that is Jarro, Batman's baby Starro he keeps in a jar who made telepathic contact with Mxy.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ju...21?id=152935#13

Sorry about the ads, but I'm too lazy to tinypic it. thumb down

Mind's scan shows how he's weakened, where he talks about how Imagination is dying and making their "lifeblood" drain out.

And yeah, I figured the pencil scan was what he was actually talking about.

Without a time frame or context though that scan is frankly not particularly helpful. Given the story's events Jarro is most likely referring to the Multiverse sure, but he isn't actually destroying the Multiverse in one swoop as evidenced by the fact that he hasn't even destroyed Earth yet.

Indeed, the latest issue only said he was "unwriting the Earth itself".

But the context of Starman's comment was that mxy is unwriting the earth so there is no way they can evacuate all the people on earth

not that Mxy is ONLY unwriting the earth

Last edited by MrMind on Apr 19th, 2019 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:50 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Senor Cage
He's not doing it one fell swoop, but then again, he's not at full power. I'm assuming "everything in existence" means OMNIVERSE, not Multiverse. DC entire creation is an omniverse.

whether he's unimagining Perpetua's creation or beyond we don't really know for now

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:51 AM
Senor Cage

Yeah, I guess Starman/Jarro wouldn't really know, since they're not familiar what lies beyond Perpetua's creation. Even the Anti-Monitor didn't know what was out there. Still, a huge feat for Mxy.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:54 AM
Inedian

Classic THOTI wins.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 04:48 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Well, that may be in DC, but you're conflating WF with Mxy, Mxy.

He got kidnapped. Held prisoner. Tortured (lol) while captive.
Depowered by Zatanna who was one-shot by Prime. Zatanna had to die for him to escape.

Bad writing or not, this all happened. And even after this,
Mxy was so shaken up by it that he wanted the 5th Dimension closed off from Prime.

Again, this isn't special, several cats are written all-powerful by a select,
and then another select writes the all-powerful to very powerful, or just powerful.

Moral? Having the baddest feat (yur opinion) doesn't exactly make one untouchable, or guarantee anything.

How many times must you be told this? There is no WF Mxy. Every Mxy you see are one in the same, he never changes, everything to him are canon.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:29 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's not like that one showing outweighs all of Mxy's other showings either, so I'm not sure why some people like to mention it as though it's the end-all/be-all depiction of him..? /shrug

Not to mention that the showing itself doesn't make sense, even in the context of that issue. For example, Prime explicitly stated that Mxy's magics > ANYONE'S he had EVER met in the same issue, and that Annataz was actually weaker than him:
https://i.imgur.com/5VckXja.jpg
...Yet she was still able to prevent Mxy from using some degree of his magics, despite being LESS powerful? How does that make any sense at all?

Moreover, Superboy Prime has "met" the likes of COIE Spectre(among many, many others):
https://i.imgur.com/8lkEXxi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XFTxcDt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ia3rUnR.jpg
But per Prime himself, Mxy's magics were still the most powerful he'd ever encountered. Interesting.

On top of all that, Prime had captured Mxy with the sole intent of using him to erase EVERY earth/universe in the multiverse, aside from Earth-Prime:
https://i.imgur.com/x0xgszp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gOnFY02.jpg
So even in that very same issue Mxy was still treated as a casual multiversal power.

It was also implied that Mxy was going along with Prime's shenanigans the entire time just to troll him:
https://i.imgur.com/lxfq9RL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JoBrMtX.jpg

And in the final bio pages, Mxy again treats all of the issue's happenings as a joke:
https://i.imgur.com/RHveDPC.jpg

So yeah....

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 21st, 2019 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Inedian
Classic THOTI wins.

laughing out loud no

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 02:38 PM
Mr Master

^^ laughing out loud or yea
Originally posted by SquallX

How many times must you be told this?

uhhmm ... who are you again? Do I know you? ...
Originally posted by SquallX

There is no WF Mxy.

Every Mxy you see are one in the same, he never changes, everything to him are canon.

I see you missed the entire point of my post.

I was entertaining el 'senor' with a bit of reverse logic and forward reasoning.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:41 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

HOTU was never retconned, the implication of the heart equal to TOAA power was just wishful thinking from some people, that turns out not to be true

Thanos only possessed fragmentary glimpse of TOAA power, and he died recreating a single universe

His best feat was beating the Living Tribunal

Elaine was the supreme being, Mxy destroyed and recreated the dc omniverse with a snap. Thanos with the heart is not beating them by himself laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:11 AM
Mr Master

"wishful thinking?" ... no expression

The Heart was = to TOAA's in-universe power.

That was the on panel, bio corroborated fact, until the retcon. thumb up

So yea, it was retconned.

Thanos bonded to "omni-reality" ... and we know this meant all universes,
because he was bonded to alternate universeS in other time periods as depicted on panel.
He also stated his consciousness went beyond the Abstract.

During the time of "The End," the LT was omniversal, existing in all Multiverses simultaneously.

Akhenaten (who was nothing compared to Thanos/merged) while in 616,
was able to one-shot all the SkyFathers while they were hiding in a "distant universe" ...
Akhenaten's private dimension was made up of a "blending of RealitieS"
Akhenaten was existing simultaneously across universeS.
Ak, easily raped both Eternity and Infinity.

Yet, Ak, was only tapping the HOTI, yet Thanos/merged was magnitudes of order above him.

Thanos/merged, is universal is a nonsensical notion imo.

Thanos/merged re-created a universe located 2000 years earlier than Ak's original universe (reality 4321)
Thanos did this to change history so the Celestial Order never acquired the HOTI.
Thanos/merged also pwnd Ak inside of 4321, lol universal.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I was just being funny when I suggested 'who wins' ... that's truly "wishful thinking" for either side.

If I had to go there, I'd say stalemate.

Its God vs God (assuming it's pre-retcon Heart) ... and ... I can anything vs I can do anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------

note: Thanos didn't die to do anything, and he never died, period.

That was a hoax courtesy of Thanos.

Also, there are on panel several implications that lead the reader to surmise Thanos absorbed more than 616.
This is aside from the Marvel officially sponsored site Marvunapp stating it was "the Multiverse."

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/...orderthanos.htm

And yes, aside from the bio being written by the Head handbook Writer of all printed Marvel Handbooks,
and the actual owner of Marvunapp.
And aside from him (Snood) being friends with Stan Lee, Starlin and just about every Marvel writer.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appmasts.htm#snood

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/christiansenjeff.htm

But what would he know. erm

Again, until the retcon, ... blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by Mr Master on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 06:17 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 06:10 AM
Senor Cage

Hard to argue against the supreme being here.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 07:27 AM