KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: Picard
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Was nice to finally see Riker as a Captain though. In their new creme de la creme starfleet vessel which we never got a proper look at.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:20 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that was never part of the overall story they wanted to tell...

didn't you watch deep space nine?? dominion war ended long ago

I know it ended, but it comes off like they are pretending it never happened given how the federation reacted to the android terrorist attack.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:31 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It largely comes across as if someone read a wiki and watched a few episodes. And Stewart obviously doesn't give a ****.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 05:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
I know it ended, but it comes off like they are pretending it never happened given how the federation reacted to the android terrorist attack.

why would they even mention it..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think he means that the kind of Federation that had gone through the Dominion War wouldn't have responded the way it did to the attack on Mars.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There wasnt a single reference to DS9 the whole season was there?

Also how pointless giving him an exact replica [SPOILER - highlight to read]: android body Like at least give enhanced strength, or even eye hand coordination like Julian had. But nothing at all. Why?

And no final hug for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Data after all that time? Really?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I think he means that the kind of Federation that had gone through the Dominion War wouldn't have responded the way it did to the attack on Mars.

It's more like if the dominion war was the reason they changed it warrants a mention.

Also apparently the showrunner was going to mention it, but his co-workers told him not to because they felt it would confuse new fans from the series.

https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2020...favorite-elnor/

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 07:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'm glad that they didn't feel the need to fanservice every show in the franchise

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 11:03 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'm glad that they didn't feel the need to fanservice every show in the franchise

yea same ...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If they had done any fanservice well at all, that would have been nice.

I suppose Data in the pilot was good?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 03:50 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Since the dominion war the federation has changed, we suffered so many losses then and the attack on mars years later was the straw that broke the federations back" would have sufficed lol.

You don't even need to explain what it is. The original trilogy of star wars didn't tell you what the clone wars were all about.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

If they had done any fanservice well at all, that would have been nice.

I suppose Data in the pilot was good?

why does everything need fanservice???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
why does everything need fanservice???

I never said it needed it. Just that some of it, well done, would have been nice. I mean, the show itself is painting itself as a kind of fanservice by being about Picard himself. It would be hypocritical for them to claim they hate fanservice while making this very show.

"Since the dominion war the federation has changed, we suffered so many losses then and the attack on mars years later was the straw that broke the federations back" would have sufficed lol.

You don't even need to explain what it is. The original trilogy of star wars didn't tell you what the clone wars were all about.

That presumes any of them would give it that much thought.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The worst case scenario would be...people google the dominion war and maybe begin watching some DS9.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I never said it needed it. Just that some of it, well done, would have been nice. I mean, the show itself is painting itself as a kind of fanservice by being about Picard himself. It would be hypocritical for them to claim they hate fanservice while making this very show.

how?? since you seem to be contradicting yourself?? I've never read anything that says they hate fanservice

The worst case scenario would be...people google the dominion war and maybe begin watching some DS9.

the dominion war was one of the great story arcs on ds9

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 02:22 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

eh the hell with the Dominion war. so nobody mentioned it, big deal. I'd rather see a return of The Sisko. maybe they could finally conclude that plot line in season 2

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 03:56 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The wormhole aliens, via their time manipulation, could have returned him one day after he left if they wanted.

They're dicks.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 01:27 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
finished the season. heavy borrowing from frank herbert and asimov, not that this is bad
yeah, Asimov, Terry nation, Herbert all good borrows.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 03:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Critical Drinker weighs in.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 05:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Finished it last night. Overall enjoyed it, but it wasn't great.

Picard [SPOILER - highlight to read]: should have been left dead, would have made for a more poignant ending.

Hope they make a show set in the 25th century (TNG is set in the 24th), give us something entirely new, no solid connections to previous shows. All new crew, ship and adventures.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 1st, 2020 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 06:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote