KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Getting too political" is a silly double standard

"Getting too political" is a silly double standard
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
He clarified an action he took.

And I gotta ask: you gullible enough to buy into the excuse, yay or nay?
until i see a legitimate reason to doub him in this scenerio ill lean towards believing him.

Whats more believable to u?

1. That he believes there are alot of good cops out there but there are bad ones too and the bad ones cast doubt on the good ones, some people misrepresented his intentions and he clarified.

Or

2. He thinks every single cop is evil, his socks were meant to represent that but he lied and said they werent because of the minimal amount of heat he got for it even tho he continued the kneeling which brought far mor heat, cost him his career and made him the enemy of the people for half the country.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 10:27 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That's your right, just like it's other people's right to say. Until they see a legitimate reason to believe him, they'll take his "clarification" as an excuse.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 10:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Raptor22
until i see a legitimate reason to doub him in this scenerio ill lean towards believing him.

1. That he believes there are alot of good cops out there but there are bad ones too and the bad ones cast doubt on the good ones, some people misrepresented his intentions and he clarified.

Or

2. He thinks every single cop is evil, his socks were meant to represent that but he lied and said they werent because of the minimal amount of heat he got for it even tho he continued the kneeling which brought far mor heat, cost him his career and made him the enemy of the people for half the country.

There is also:

3. His dislike over the actions of the bad cops made him paint in broad strokes, disliking all cops in general. This is usually due to influence by culture/media/etc and isn’t as rare an occurrence as many would think.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 10:33 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Silent Master
That's probably why he made the excuse, calling cops pigs(which was his point) would have chipped away at his support. thus his "not all" excuse after being called out.
support from who and for what?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 11:53 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

For his protesting.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:03 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

That's your right, just like it's other people's right to say. Until they see a legitimate reason to believe him, they'll take his "clarification" as an excuse.
call it whatever u want. An excuse, clarification, call it a reason or a hooziemcdoo if it makes u feel good.

U can call it an excuse, that doesnt make it untrue.

U could steal something because u wanted it but didnt have the money. It being ur excuse doesnt make it untrue.

Do u think he was lying when he said this?

“I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust,”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:09 AM
Raptor22

For his protesting.
whose support would he have had for his protest that he would have lost due to the sox?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:18 AM
Silent Master

Surely you don't think that everyone who supported his kneeling also hated the police.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:20 AM
Raptor22

Surely you don't think that everyone who supported his kneeling also hated the police.
not at all.

Both his kneeling and his sox were protests against the police. There was much, much, much bigger backlash against the kneeling from the police, police supporters, and the general community than for the sox. Yet he continued to kneel.

Ur the one saying he made his "excuse" to not lose support. So whose support would he have lost.

Because it seems like anyone who would be against someone for calling cops pigs was or would soon be against him for the kneeling.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:33 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or

3. He's an attention whore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

not at all.

Both his kneeling and his sox were protests against the police. There was much, much, much bigger backlash against the kneeling from the police, police supporters, and the general community than for the sox. Yet he continued to kneel.

Ur the one saying he made his "excuse" to not lose support. So whose support would he have lost.

Because it seems like anyone who would be against someone for calling cops pigs was or would soon be against him for the kneeling.

Yes, he was already getting heat for kneeling, so he likely decided not to give his critics more ammo and his supporters reason to abandon him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 12:40 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
3. He's an attention whore.

Bingo. thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 01:05 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Yes, he was already getting heat for kneeling, so he likely decided not to give his critics more ammo and his supporters reason to abandon him.
gotcha.

So in your opinion, the guy who pissed of the majority of police and their supporters, military and their supporters and half the nation with his protest. Who continued to protest and speak out, pissing them off even more, then prodeeded to sue the nfl, made controversial nike ads, pissing more people off as well as posting vids on social media infuriating even more.

That guy thought his pig sox were too far and had to make excuses to cover his true intentions in order to not lose support and avoid more critics.

The guy who made this vid in aug?

https://youtu.be/hCnB1uObBdw

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 02:46 AM
Silent Master

Having fun?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 02:50 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Okay let's rephrase it from "getting too political" because technically even something as universal as opposing murder on a human rights basis is political.

Instead "getting too partisan." Sports and the National Anthem used to be a haven away from political partisanship, and was instead something unifying to Americans. The result of Colin Kaepernick's actions is the partisanization of a space in which Americans used to come together without being at each other's throats politically, and I don't think it's a good thing to drive our populace towards further contempt for their fellow Americans.

An appeal to civility in response to oppression is synonymous with control. It places your desire to not feel tension over justice.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 05:54 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or

Yeah I think he was taking a shot at all cops and then backtracked and lied when called out. Happens all the time with celebrities and it wouldn't be the first guy claiming to be against police brutality to go after all cops. Remember the "pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon" chants at BLM rallies?

It is similar to when celebrities get too drunk or do too many drugs one night and end up in the hospital and lie and say they were there for "exhaustion". Only the extremely gullible believe it.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 09:59 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 09:55 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Having fun?

Don't worry I'm sure these same people believed Melania's explanation for her "I don't really care do you" jacket without question. Guaranteed.

And all the other stuff listed that pissed people off Colin could pretend he's just going after bad cops. The pig socks took aim at all cops and that is why he had to come out and say some shit. It's hilarious to me the logic is "should he have held a press conference before hand to explain the socks?". Uh no, he just...shouldn't have worn the socks? Don't do something if you know people are going to interpret it in a way you don't intend, it's pointless.

"We just meant fry the bad cops like bacon" would not be an acceptable excuse to the "pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon" chant. "I was referring to the hindus" would not be an acceptable excuse to wearing a swastika, and "what, should I have said this before I wore it?" would sound asinine. Nope just don't wear it cuz u know how people will interpret it.

EDIT: I'm sure there are great excuses for Colin wearing a t-shirt with Fidel Castro on one side. I think it was "I admire what he did with education".

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 10:02 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote