KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » My problem.with Greta Thunberg.

My problem.with Greta Thunberg.
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
You may or may not remember that in the aftermath we had folk going "this is the 18th school shooting this year!". Some of the people pushing that lie were the Parkland kids. The issue is the list used things like...cops chase a criminal onto school grounds and shoot him or...a student goes into a bathroom and kills himself with a gun.

Oh those technically are shootings that happened at schools, but alas we all know in this context when someone is saying "school shooting" they are talking about Parkland type situations.

Then there was "it's easier to buy a gun than it is cough medicine". Which isn't true.

Also they(and others) pushed a story about how a guy was able to buy an AR-15 in 5 minutes with no gun(never happened).

And of course we had CNN's Brian Stelter admitting to not correcting David Hogg when he said stuff that wasn't factual about guns.
So throw away comments make them liars. Do better Surt. smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:17 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Definitely with you on your first two paragraphs, but you lost me on the third, Surt.

I think at that point it is up to the adults to recognize the need for things like planes in the modern world, but to also acknowledge and accept that we should be doing much more to produce clean energy and regulate industrial waste, then demand our governments to take action while making a more conscious effort to reduce our own footprint.

Instead, a great deal of the responses to her pleas and protests are pretty much, "F*ck you, autistic b*tch! I ain't changing shit! I like my truck!"

I think it's pathetic, and it'll be that kind of shitty attitude that'll inevitably doom our species, assuming a comet doesn't do it first.

We can say more should be done without shaming everyone who flies on a plane. You alienate people who do not deserve it. The guy flying to Europe on business instead of taking a sail boat there doesn't need to be shamed.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:19 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
So throw away comments make them liars. Do better Surt. smile

Saying something that isn't true and has already been debunked makes them liars. And even beyond that it takes a special kind of person to say it's harder to buy cough medicine than a gun.

And please, folk call Trump a liar all the time over throw away comments.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:21 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:22 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her unhinged rants are gonna get called out. It doesn't matter what your cause is if you sound unhinged.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:26 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

the thing is she doesn't act like an adult. Her message is on point, using her for its delivery isn't.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:27 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her unhinged rants are gonna get called out. It doesn't matter what your cause is if you sound unhinged.
thumb up I agree 100% ha, better you never thought you'd read that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:28 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

the thing is she doesn't act like an adult. Her message is on point, using her for its delivery isn't.

I think part of the appeal of using her is any criticism can be deflected with "but you're going after this poor poor child!".

It's "won't someone think of the children" on steroids.

And speaking of kids I say teach them about climate change in the classroom instead of letting them take off school to protest about it. The kids can protest on the weekend if they need to protest.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 28th, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:30 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think part of the appeal of using her is any criticism can be deflected with "but you're going after this poor poor child!".

And speaking of kids I say teach them about climate change in the classroom instead of letting them take off school to protest about it. The kids can protest on the weekend if they need to protest.
Again I agree mate, well this is a rare day and speaking of steroids, I need to go up the gym now. It's Saturday morning sesh time.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 28th, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:33 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And now there is talk of giving her the nobel peace prize, which will just exacerbate criticism because she just doesn't deserve it. Not for unhinged rants.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:38 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

We can say more should be done without shaming everyone who flies on a plane. You alienate people who do not deserve it. The guy flying to Europe on business instead of taking a sail boat there doesn't need to be shamed.

True, and that is a legitimate criticism of one of her arguments. I think planes are necessary means of transportation in the modern world, and I do not agree we should stop flying. However, rather than dismissing her completely, I think it's a good idea to aggressively look for ways to make all forms of transportation as fuel-efficient as possible, and powering them with clean renewable energy where possible.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:38 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I don't think she would've captured Sweden's attention, much less the world's, if she had tried to squeeze protesting in between school and home life.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:45 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

That's fair enough. I've seen a few clips of her addressing politicians and an interview or two with media personalities. She doesn't strike me as childish, though. A bit naive and idealistic in her youth and inexperience at times, but she seems much more mature than most teenagers I knew growing up. Certainly more than the adult children calling her names.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 11:14 AM
steverules_2

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 11:29 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

And now there is talk of giving her the nobel peace prize, which will just exacerbate criticism because she just doesn't deserve it. Not for unhinged rants.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 11:37 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Or, they are invested in finding a solution and are using the amount of attention they're receiving in the moment to push for change. That doesn't mean they're right about everything, but the most important parts of their messages either cite research data from experts, or point to successful models.

The typical dismissals are pathetic.

For example:

Parkland survivors: "[We should ban these types of weapons. They're prohibited from civilian use in Australia and these other countries, and they have very few, if any, mass shootings.]"

Murican A: "No! 2nd Amendment! Some bullshit about protection against criminals and a tyrannical government!"

Murican B: "Well, maybe, but that'll never work here. Our cultures are far too different, so we shouldn't try it at all."

Murican C: "I like guns! Guns are cool! I like guns and I feel really cool when I have a gun!"

Murican D: "Even if you take away guns, people will just find other shit to kill each other with. By the way, wasn't there a knife attack a couple of months ago?"

Greta Thunberg: "[My generation and future generations are f*cked unless we heed the warnings from the scientific community and make major changes to our way of living and our means of production.]"

Murican A: "She's a puppet of the left! She's spreading propaganda and fear-mongering!"

Murican B: "Well, maybe, but I'll be dead by then, so I don't care."

Murican C: " I like meat! Meat is good! I like meat and I feel really good when I eat meat!"

Murican D: "That sounds inconvenient, so I'd rather not. By the way, where are her parents? Shouldn't she be in school?"

My personal favourite is "climate change is a scam because people are making money from it"

Great logic. Is malaria a scam too because drug companies make millions from that? What about electricity? Think of the trillions different energy and tech companies have made from that.

Fact is, even if you don't think climate change is man made, climate change IS happening. And the only species on the planet capable of doing anything about it is us. So either there needs to be enormous investment in trying to slow down, stop and reverse climate change. Which means huge investment in nuclear energy and a relatively quick move away from fossil fuels as well as carbon capture and other greenhouse gas capture technology.

Or a huge investment to mitigate the effects of climate change. Which means massive coastal flood defences. Increasing building strength to cope with stronger winds. Global investment in desalination to secure fresh water supplies. Huge increases in genetic engineering of crops to grow more from less land as well as making them grow in less favourable conditions.

Either way money will need to be spent and therefore made. Why not lead the way and be the country who's citizens benefit from the R&D investment and the commercial benefits of selling the technology to the rest of the world.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 08:11 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I only used the Parkland kids after DMB mentioned them to compare the kinds of reactions they got with the kind Greta is getting now, not to actually compare them with each other.

Frankly, I'd rather see members of the scientific community talk about climate change with as much passion as she does, but people don't listen to them, and it shows. They tend to look burned out and dumbfounded by the fact that there are millions of people who either don't believe in climate change or just plain don't give a f*ck about it because they'll be dead before the shit really hits the fan.

Greta's core message is for everyone to treat them as the authorities they are and to take seriously their research data which strongly suggests the world will be f*cked in a matter of decades.

That core message "data which strongly suggests the world will be f*cked in a matter of decades." has itself been around for decades.

The date of the f*cking keeps being pushed back.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whether true or scam, breaking the grip the oil barons have on the world is a good thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I'm all for innovation in both energy and recycling technology.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:23 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
That core message "data which strongly suggests the world will be f*cked in a matter of decades." has itself been around for decades.

The date of the f*cking keeps being pushed back.

Bingo. I've lost count of how many times the climate alarmists in the past have made doomsday predictions that by a certain year the world would end by flooding or some other nonsense that never came true.

When you bring this up though the brainwashed climate alarmists of today just ignore it or downplay it and keep repeating the same or very similar "the world is gonna end soon!" bullshit lol.

Oh leftists... laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:26 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote