KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mr Majestic W/Creation Blades vs Superman

Mr Majestic W/Creation Blades vs Superman
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
That wasn't fortress Eradicator.

It looked different, but what else could it be?

He got bigger out of nowhere, and armored up.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 05:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Philosophía
The Leviathan scan has relevance because it shows -- as so many instances have, that Superman won't use his full speed [or power] on Earth, as the consequences are too dire. That's an essential part of his history -- it's why he always pulls his punches, too, even against opponents on his level -- as for, example, he did against Rogol in Metropolis, where he was afraid he'd tip the whole town if he punched too hard. I mean, whatever, if you want you can use the moon feat [which is >attosecond] and Majestic is still a statue, if you don't want to use Superman's own statements, but actions.

yet 100 percent of time during combats he has not shown to move >>>attosecond

are villains like Zarr, Doomsday, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Zod, Eradicator, Lobo, Ultraman, Konvikt, Shazam who laughs, Black Adam all moving > attosecond? because they are able to land hits on superman, just like countless other people who landed on superman. Didn't you calculated yourself superman was moving 10^26 times speed of light in that moon feat? let's say superman is holding back severely in all his fight and only used 1/1000th of his speed he should still be 10^23 times speed of light. which means no one other than the flash should ever hit him. He should be running circles against most herald/trans level beings on DC earth and knock them out with a single punch. (even when he's pulling his punches and pulling his speed)

So someone who is this fast....yet just last week he got landed by infected secret six. you see the discrepancy here? if we use the 3 highest showings of superman, we basically disregard his entire character history and place him on a tier he shouldn't be.

in the meantime majestic actually shown to have done something like that, fast enough to take off Ion 2 Kyle Rayner's ring (a trans level being)
https://imgur.com/ftFWalP

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 06:58 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

and as far as going top speed on earth have dire consequences, superman also fought in space

and flashes or zoom has move at speed close to infinity on earth

as far as dire consequences it really depends on the writer. most disregard it, let's be honest logically earth would be blowing up a thousand times already when you got anti-monitor and darkseid beating the crap out of each other on it. this part of logic has been long abandoned

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 07:05 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

....hasn't Batman stolen Hal's ring off him the first time they met lol

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 07:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by MrMind
are villains like Zarr, Doomsday, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Zod, Eradicator, Lobo, Ultraman, Konvikt, Shazam who laughs, Black Adam all moving > attosecond? because they are able to land hits on superman, just like countless other people who landed on superman. Didn't you calculated yourself superman was moving 10^26 times speed of light in that moon feat? let's say superman is holding back severely in all his fight and only used 1/1000th of his speed he should still be 10^23 times speed of light. which means no one other than the flash should ever hit him. He should be running circles against most herald/trans level beings on DC earth and knock them out with a single punch. (even when he's pulling his punches and pulling his speed)
We're moving on a different topic altogether [that we're already had months ago, and it ended up with carvy rage-quitting] but, since you've been reading comics for a while too [I'd guess], you should notice that Flash/Superman get tagged, constantly, by people who either have no super-speed, or have orders of magnitude inferior levels of it. That's the way super-speed has always worked in comics [unless the writer wants a cool scene] -- it's the jobbiest of jobbest powers. I initially wanted to put strike on your post and replace every single character there with a Flash villain, to make the point clearer -- but surely you must understand this.

This is the mindset writers going in when writing Superman:
quote:
You've written Superman before, in "Justice League Unlimited" and recently in the "Crisis on Two Earths" film. How does this version of Superman compare to the others you've written previously?

One of the things about writing Superman in "Justice League" is that if you write him at his full potential, then there's no need for the rest of the Justice League. So, you always have to sort of power him down or kind of Worf-Effect him so he doesn't solve the entire problem in four seconds. You have to adjust him in a way that makes him less effective than he normally is. That's probably true for every member in a team book who has their own solo thing, but it's really obvious with Superman. In this case, one thing, we're starting off with a Superman who is much more powerful than he's ever been, which is fun as well. I generally have to write a Superman who is much weaker than he usually is. The problem of having him in a story that's not a finite one-off like this is, is that if Superman is at full power, he just fixes everything and there's nothing to do next month.

if we use the 3 highest showings of superman
I mean, if you want, we can take out Superman's moon rebuilding? Running through time? attosecond perception? femtosecond perception? him holding his speed back to not break space/time? Rubbing his hands fast enough to seal space time? him perceiving and catching up to Barry who was moving so fast in attosecond-level perception he was reality-warping an entire town into a kryptonian one? him being explicitly the 4th fastest being in DC faster than Death itself and just behind Wally/Barry/Eobard [the same Eobard who admits Superman rivals his speed]? we can ignore Superman explicitly saying that he can see 3 moves ahead of everybody but Barry? Him outracing Impulse? Making Jay look like a statue? Reading every medical text ever published in short time? etc.

At this point, you might as well just make a list of feats you don't want me to bring up.

in the meantime majestic actually shown to have done something like that, fast enough to take off Ion 2 Kyle Rayner's ring (a trans level being)
I can't tell if you're serious...?

Look -- there's no shame in Majestic being outclassed here, considering who he's up against. It's better to do that, than just flat-out ignoring every feat because you don't like it.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Nov 25th, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 10:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

With CIS Off and Full capacity I’m trying to see a superman using his best ability without moral going all out bloodlusted fight. You are treating it like only his highest showings count. Everything else is just him holding back. You are saying superman is gonna be reacting at one quintillionth of a second while flying millions times faster than lightspeed, who can run through time, breaking space time by vibrating his penis and spinning around then seals the time space continuum with his fart.

Yeah this imaginary Superman can beat Superboy Prime, Odin and Galactus at the same time. I mean none of those guys have reaction speed feats EVEN CLOSE to match the aforementioned speed feats you just listed. And they are all susceptible to physical damage.

So what about most of the times when he struggles with guys much less powerful, he’s holding back because moral? Writers don’t want the story to end too fast so they write him weaker? Or when he’s getting hurt by strikes and blasts less than planetary level, he’s holding back his durability too? Where does this no limit fallacy end? Everytime he has a low showing or average showing we just overlook because of this now? Who is the toughest opponent you think this no limit superman can beat?

Anyway I’m gonna resist my urge for listing Supes average or low feats (plenty out there) to counter, because I don’t want to stoop to Carver or JBL level.

What we can all acknowledge is that superman has higher highs and lower lows compare to someone like Majestic. Let’s take strength for example. Superman can range from struggling to pull the earth or moon with the help of Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter to bench pressing the weight of the earth for 5 days. Majestic has always been consistent. He moved planets like Jupitor without problem and couple years later easily pushed earth back to it’s axis. He’s more consistent

I never said Majestic is superior, I don’t think he’s outclassed completely either, he’s one notch below. He’s capable of cutting an all powerful reality warper’s hands off. You guys are selling him short

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:00 AM
MrMind

quote:
abhigail

Stop being dumb, these were the clones of DC characters.

wow shocking revelation! no shit sherlock a reality warper made them for the sole purpose to beat the wildstorm characters. so these dc clones are hardly normal level power levels. Spartan is an android yet he got taken out by batman's knockout gas. it was either the reality warper made an ubersuperbat or terrible writing all around

Last edited by MrMind on Nov 26th, 2019 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:12 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, we were never shown HOW Majestic got Kyle's ring... That one page is literally all the info we have. So I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing it up as a quantifiable speed feat?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 02:20 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I guess this thread helped me come to the conclusion of Gladiator speed vs other beings slower than him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

wow shocking revelation! no shit sherlock a reality warper made them for the sole purpose to beat the wildstorm characters. so these dc clones are hardly normal level power levels. Spartan is an android yet he got taken out by batman's knockout gas. it was either the reality warper made an ubersuperbat or terrible writing all around

What? The clones were not as powerful as real characters, Dr Fate died by bullets FFS.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, we were never shown HOW Majestic got Kyle's ring... That one page is literally all the info we have. So I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing it up as a quantifiable speed feat?

And Kyle wasn't Ion at that point.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by abhilegend
And Kyle wasn't Ion at that point.

maybe you're right, I haven't read that story in 10 years.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:58 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote:
With CIS Off and Full capacity I’m trying to see a superman using his best ability without moral going all out bloodlusted fight. You are treating it like only his highest showings count. Everything else is just him holding back. You are saying superman is gonna be reacting at one quintillionth of a second while flying millions times faster than lightspeed, who can run through time, breaking space time by vibrating his penis and spinning around then seals the time space continuum with his fart.

Yeah this imaginary Superman
No.

That's a strawman of what's being argued. I showed you [not imaginary, btw, as they're on panel smile] feats of Superman, but that doesn't mean that he'll instantly stop time and disembowel Majestic before the latter moves an eyelash.

The point of the confrontation in this particular thread is this:

a). Would Superman [a CIS-off Superman, mind you, lol] want to avoid a blade that he knows nothing about?
b). Has Superman showed the speed necessary to do so?

If the answer to both is yes, then Superman can, would, and he'd win this.

Now, you're stuck on b). because you want to ignore feats. You want to bypass a plethora of showings from Superman that are different orders of magnitude above Majestic's best 1-2 speed feats. And you're on the edge of the carver cliff, where you'll use "here's Flash Superman being tagged by Gorilla Grodd/HeatWave/Weather Wizard Mongul/Kalibak".

Where does the 'high-end' Superman of yours stop? Not using the best 1 feat? 2 feats? 3 feats? 5 feats? Ok. 10 feats? You're drawing random lines, until the line you can draw is at the highest line of Majestic [which is hilarious, btw], in order to try and argue for the latter.

Let me make this easier for you.

Question.

Would Superman get hit by Majestic's blade, and why?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 04:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Am also mystified as to what people's interpretation of Full Capacity means......

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 05:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
....hasn't Batman stolen Hal's ring off him the first time they met lol

Not sure.

When he met Guy, he had to rely on him being a macho idiot and voluntarily taking it off.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 11:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ik this is old thread but Majestic was rearranging the solar system for 4 months straight. Creating rings on Mars, breaking down the ones on Saturn, he had to fly moons from to the next solar system over to create the rings on Mars, made Mercury into moon in Jupiter's orbit, and caught a comet and turned it into a 10th planet. Meanwhile in the mix he rewrote Jupiter's atmosphere with his atomic vision.
Jim Lee literally created majestic to be Superman but better

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 06:54 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Majestic

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 07:17 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman, still.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 07:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Majestroes is a being who is on Supes level at the least, giving him the creation blades while Clark is empty handed is not a fair fight.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 07:28 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Superman is faster than Majestic.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 07:37 PM