KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Knights of Ren vs. Praetorian Guards

Knights of Ren vs. Praetorian Guards
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Where is it stated Luke is more powerful than Snoke?

Are we assuming Snoke is = to Palpatine because he is Palpatine?
It hasn't been stated outright. Just implied.

In Rise of Kylo Ren, when Ben first contacts Snoke after his betrayal, he states "look what Master Luke did to you..." after seeing his f*cked up appearance:
(please log in to view the image)

In the Ages series, after Kylo was already Snoke's apprentice, Snoke himself states that he respects AND fears Luke:

As for the Snoke = Palpatine thing: in Secrets of the Jedi, Luke states that Snoke's mastery of the dark side was "equally as impressive/terrifying" as [RotJ] Palpatine's:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 10th, 2020 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Originally posted by Galan007
It hasn't been stated outright. Just implied.

In Rise of Kylo Ren, when Ben first contacts Snoke after his betrayal, he states "look what Master Luke did to you..." after seeing his f*cked up appearance:

In the Ages series, after Kylo was already Snoke's apprentice, Snoke himself states that he respects AND fears Luke:

As for the Snoke = Palpatine thing: in Secrets of the Jedi, Luke states that Snoke's mastery of the dark side was "equally as impressive/terrifying" as [RotJ] Palpatine's:

Thank you for taking the time to put that breakdown together! I read the comics, but never made the connection with Luke and Snoke. So they must have squared off at some point..... I hope we get to see it one day, as that would be a massive feat knowing Snoke = Palpatine.

Is Secrets of the Jedi worth buying?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I mean the implication is that ST-era Luke > Snoke = RotJ Palpatine. If that ends up being confirmed, then it'll elevate canon Luke tremendously.

Secrets of the Jedi is a pretty good read for a guidebook, and has quite a bit of interesting info/tidbits. Keep in mind, though, that it's all written from Luke's perspective.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2020 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Good breakdown for surethumb up

If Luke's fight against the KOR is an indication, then Luke might not have even been trying to kill Snoke either. So he may not have even been going all out against a Sidious level opponent. For all we know he could have just been toying with Snoke also.

Now THAT would be crazy!!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd rather not get that crazy with the speculation. As of now, the only implication is that ST-era Luke beat the christ out of Snoke at some point -- the "where/why/how" are still unknown factors right now... But whatever happened, it made Snoke respect AND fear Luke, which is telling.

As for Snoke's power: given the VAST wealth of knowledge that Luke had access to, I personally think his word on Force-related matters is pretty much irrefutable... So I fully trust his assertion that Snoke's power = Palpatine's. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2020 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:50 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd rather not get that crazy with the speculation. As of now, the only implication is that ST-era Luke beat the christ out of Snoke at some point -- the "where/why/how" are still unknown factors right now... But whatever happened, it made Snoke respect AND fear Luke, which is telling.

As for Snoke's power: given the VAST wealth of knowledge that Luke had access to, I personally think his word on Force-related matters is pretty much irrefutable... So I fully trust his assertion that Snoke's power = Palpatine's. /shrug
I see. That makes sense. big grin

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote