KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Force Users Tiers in Canon

Force Users Tiers in Canon
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I found some nice respect threads for Mace and Dooku on Comicvine and from what I saw I'd say Dooku is more powerful than Windu in the force.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 12:21 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Vader should be in the same tier as Yoda and Sidious

His force feats in canon are insanely beyond Dooku, Anakin, and Windu

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 12:34 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Dooku’s ragdolling of Obi Wan is a pretty impressive feat though

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 12:35 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I found some nice respect threads for Mace and Dooku on Comicvine and from what I saw I'd say Dooku is more powerful than Windu in the force.

Probably EU respect threads. Not new canon ones.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Probably EU respect threads. Not new canon ones.
Actually they had feats separated from EU to canon.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 01:35 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Actually they had feats separated from EU to canon.

In that case id be interested to know which canon feats makes you believe Dooku is more powerful.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

In that case id be interested to know which canon feats makes you believe Dooku is more powerful.
I don't feel the need to change your view on this matter. But if you want to change my view feel free to do so.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 01:57 AM
Darth Thor

I don't feel the need to change your view on this matter. But if you want to change my view feel free to do so.

Im not arguing. Im just curious because I keep hearing this but without saying what feats he has that seem to be beyond Windus capabilities.

Ive already stayed the facts to back my opinion (which is that it is arguable because they are likely near equals in that respect).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 02:16 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Psychotron
Luke is waaaaay too high on that list. He has zero impressive feats in Disney canon. You can't put him in the same tier as Yoda, who can move a mountain in Disney canon.

iirc there are quotes that suggest Luke pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky on Jakku.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sheev
Where would Mommin be ranked on the list IYO?
In terms of raw force power it's virtually impossible to say. All we know for sure is that he is FAR below Vader's level in that respect.

As mentioned, Momin's knowledge/understanding of the dark side >>> his tangible power.

Originally posted by Trocity
iirc there are quotes that suggest Luke pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky on Jakku.
Several.

You also have pre-ESB Luke, with virtually NO training, shaking an entire Star Destroyer with a single TK wave, which gives the statements/recollections of him ripping Star Destroyers out of the sky during the battle of Jakku a bit more validation.

There's also Snoke to consider. Luke himself believes that Snoke = RotJ Palpatine, so depending on *how* Luke beat him, it could potentially slingshot him up the tiers as well.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 5th, 2020 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Im not arguing. Im just curious because I keep hearing this but without saying what feats he has that seem to be beyond Windus capabilities.

Ive already stayed the facts to back my opinion (which is that it is arguable because they are likely near equals in that respect).

Ragdolling Kenobi is a pretty insane feat tbh

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 04:14 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Windu pushed a tank off of a cliff during the Clone Wars but I think Dooku lifting those massive obelisk casually was better.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 04:17 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

In terms of destructive TK? I dont remember Dooku ever doing something quite like Force crushing multiple destroyer droids...

But Dooku has better lifting and choking feats, hence why I say its arguable.
It's more that canon Mace has done virtually nothing aside from his fight with Sidious, while Dooku's powers have been featured predominately in canon.

Originally posted by Galan007
In terms of raw force power it's virtually impossible to say. All we know for sure is that he is FAR below Vader's level in that respect.

As mentioned, Momin's knowledge/understanding of the dark side >>> his tangible power.
I see.

So is there a way to perhaps meld a character's knowledge with their power on a list like this so that it can ALL be taken into consideration when ranking them?

Last edited by Sheev on Jan 5th, 2020 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx

As is even fighting against Palpatine without getting instantly ragdolled tbf.

And we know Palpatine can choke out Dooku without much of a problem.

It's more that canon Mace has done virtually nothing aside from his fight with Sidious, while Dooku's powers have been featured predominately in canon.

Having more feats doesnt equate to being more powerful though. We saw Opress casually choke out Mandalorians, but we never saw Maul do that. Doesnt mean Maul cant.

So its the level of feats we have + powerscaling.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 5th, 2020 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 05:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So is there a way to perhaps meld a character's knowledge with their power on a list like this so that it can ALL be taken into consideration when ranking them?
Seems counterproductive. If we tacked knowledge onto a character's raw power when considering where they should be ranked on a list like this, then Jocasta Nu becomes Yoda/Palpatine-level(if not above)... Yet in an actual battle, Jocasta got stomped by the Grand Inquisitor.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 5th, 2020 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Carguy232
Gay Muslim

hello

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Carguy232 a Private Message Find more posts by Carguy232 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm about half way through the Dooku: Jedi Lost book and he had a pretty good saber duel feat he was able to fight a Jedi Master before he was even a Padawan and judging by the Jedi's voice she was struggling to defend herself from young Dooku.

BTW they were fighting because Dooku thought she was a Sith.

And I might as well mention Dooku while drinking a glass of wine was able to fend off Ventress in a light saber duel and according to Ventress Dooku didn't even spill his wine!

Dude's a legit bad@ss.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 12:30 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I'm about half way through the Dooku: Jedi Lost book and he had a pretty good saber duel feat he was able to fight a Jedi Master before he was even a Padawan and judging by the Jedi's voice she was struggling to defend herself from young Dooku.

BTW they were fighting because Dooku thought she was a Sith.

And I might as well mention Dooku while drinking a glass of wine was able to fend off Ventress in a light saber duel and according to Ventress Dooku didn't even spill his wine!

Dude's a legit bad@ss.

LOL what? That used to be a joke around here 'Dooku pwns without spilling his wine'

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote