KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Quint Lane (Giant Lycan) vs Mighty Joe Young

Quint Lane (Giant Lycan) vs Mighty Joe Young
Started by: Tyrannoraptor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tyrannoraptor

Quint Lane (Giant Lycan) vs Mighty Joe Young

The giant Lycan/werewolf from "Underworld: Awakening" vs the titular giant gorilla.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 03:36 PM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betatesthighlan

original Joe or remake Joe?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 08:20 AM
Betatesthighlan is currently offline Click here to Send Betatesthighlan a Private Message Find more posts by Betatesthighlan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Damn, I love me some Mighty Joe Young

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 12:17 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Quint should win. Iirc he and Joe(at least from the remake I haven't watched in years) are similar in size. Buuuuut Quint is a battle-hardened fighter who has claws, fangs, insane strength even for his size as well as speed and agility. And most importantly, a ridiculous healing factor.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 01:02 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Quint probably stomps to be honest. Even Selene only managed to beat him by exploiting his healing and trapping a silver grenade inside his body.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 03:51 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

Uh oh, this looks like the wrong opponent for Joe!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 11:15 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Hold up. Let me look at Joe's feats. Been awhile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 11:32 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They have pretty similar strength levels, based on feats, both being able to relatively casually move cars about :

Problem is Quint has nigh-instant regeneration and claws that can casually slice through elevator cables. Every swipe is going to leave a bloody wound whereas Joe would basically need to perform some kind of one-shot decapitation or something to realistically stand a chance. And Joe himself got KO'd from falling off a ferris wheel:

And, of course, we've actually seen Quint tear through superhuman vampires and such. I just don't see how Joe doesn't get shredded here.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 12:27 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
Uh oh, this looks like the wrong opponent for Joe!

Oh no! Say it ain’t so!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 12:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Mighty Joe punches the lycans head right off his body.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 03:15 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Mighty Joe punches the lycans head right off his body.

^^^well, you did do the research...

Hold up. Let me look at Joe's feats. Been awhile

...so I’m going w. you on this one.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 03:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

After reviewing both, Quint definitely wins. He's smarter than Joe, faster, stronger, tougher, far more vicious, has a healing factor so fast he got stabbed in the brain and was just fine, and Selene used it to her advantage to plant a silver grenade in his stomach. Plus he has fangs and claws that are essentially swords with how big he is.

And on the topic of strength, he's so much stronger than Joe it's not even funny. We see Joe move a small car with people in it a few feet. We see Quint toss cars like he's chest passing a basketball and swat them out of his way with one hand like they're weightless.

In all likelihood Joe like Vault said, gets shredded, because Quint is bigger than him, and can heal any blunt force trauma Joe causes while at the same time tearing him to pieces and Joe can't heal from any of that.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 07:12 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats pretty good but ShadowFyre was pretty convincing w. the ‘Joe punches the lycans head right off his body’ scenario.
Gotta go w. Joe.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 07:52 PM
KingD19

I cant tell you what to pick. But saying he punches his head off doesnt really hold any weight when you can watch both movies and compare them and see Quint is stronger bigger and tougher. But it's up to you who you pick.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 08:21 PM
ShadowFyre

I just wanted to say that. I totally forgot about this match and did no research. I am basing this entirely off of Joe being in my childhood and Quint has a dumbass name.

Joe wins10/10

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 09:41 PM
riv6672

I just wanted to say that. I totally forgot about this match and did no research. I am basing this entirely off of Joe being in my childhood and Quint has a dumbass name.

Joe wins10/10

^^^Works for me!

Plus, Charlize Theron >>>>> Kate Beckinsale

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 10:33 PM
John Murdoch

Joe wins10/10

As well-informed opinion as you can get, MJY gets the dub here.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 02:18 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Lol in all seriousness I still think Joe could be as strong. You gotta remember he is like Coco the gorilla, he is scared and not that aggressive. None of it matters because of Quints HF tho. Be a good fight to see.

Maybe George from Rampage but that would be a shitstomp

Old Post Mar 21st, 2020 03:47 AM
riv6672

I really liked Rampage! That was a really good gorilla movie.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2020 09:05 AM