KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coronavirus

Coronavirus
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (504): « First ... « 332 333 [334] 335 336 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
It's likely going to get worse: "We expect daily deaths to reach a peak of over 2,500 a day in mid-January" -IHME modeling team 11/19/20

We're also on track to hit or surpass the 300K deaths model by the new year the IHME predicted months ago.

We've seriously allowed our social contracts between govt and the governed to be radically changed by covid and I'm afraid it was far far for the worse of the governed.

Realistically without the govt providing support to it's citizens while telling them to stay in, f-that. I can already see what's being laid out with the consequences of covid one little piece at a time, being given away under the pretense of safety in the USA at least.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 06:46 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by snowdragon
We've seriously allowed our social contracts between govt and the governed to be radically changed by covid and I'm afraid it was far far for the worse of the governed.

Realistically without the govt providing support to it's citizens while telling them to stay in, f-that. I can already see what's being laid out with the consequences of covid one little piece at a time, being given away under the pretense of safety in the USA at least.

What's being laid out iyo?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Robtard
What's being laid out iyo?

I'm no seer so I'm not trying to predict specifically but in regards to our relationship with the govt we are simply handing them more power to control us economically.

Initially they gave us orders in our best interest to follow now more ppl simply follow what the govt says because we have eroded our communities. The fear would be loss of future economic assistance or even worse unlawful penalties.

I don't live in a part of the USA where this is a problem at all, our covid infection rates are crazy low in the midwest because I'm not in an sprawling urban center but I can still see the impact it has had here in regards to loss of small employers, I can only imagine the impact in large densely populated urban areas.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 06:57 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
I'm no seer so I'm not trying to predict specifically but in regards to our relationship with the govt we are simply handing them more power to control us economically.

Historically, this power is never given back. Once taken, it's gone. This is part of why many libertarians are worried.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 06:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 10:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I was reading about this.

As I've posted about this, multiple times: when will government folks learn that lockdowns don't work?

Almost all people test positive 4-5 days after exposure. Fact.

When strict lockdowns start, you should see an immediate drop in new cases the very next day. Never happens. And the difference should be extreme at the 4-5 day mark after a strict lockdown. But we never see that happen. Never.

Even when extending the time to 11 days, like one multi-country study did (they compared lockdown vs. no lockdown countries), that trend just never shows up in the data. In fact, there was a slight trend with increased cases after lockdowns (packing family members into homes all day will cause a slight uptick in new cases).

So why do governments keep using lockdowns as means to control the coronavirus new cases? We have no idea. We should base policies on high quality science: not fear, uncertainty, and "let's try this, seems popular."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 12:08 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

You say we have no idea, but why do you personally think so many untreated governments around the world are trying to use lockdowns and soft lockdowns to slow or stop the spread? Some even for the second or third wave now? Do you think they are all misguided and advised by the wrong experts?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 12:11 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Artol
You say we have no idea, but why do you personally think so many untreated governments around the world are trying to use lockdowns and soft lockdowns to slow or stop the spread? Some even for the second or third wave now? Do you think they are all misguided and advised by the wrong experts?

Correct.

They must appear to "do something" or face criticism. This is why you keep seeing governments trying to "do stuff."

This is another situation where the government needs to almost completely step out of the way, clear roadblocks for medical services (such as suspending tariffs for medical supplies and equipment needed in hospitals and care homes and opening up fast travel for medical professionals), ensure we don't do the disastrous re-housing policy again (affected the US and the UK and we lost tens of thousands of elderly due to these murderous policies), but largely just stay out of the way and literally do nothing.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 12:22 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The UK may introduce "Freedom Passes" to people who show they have the antibodies and are not sick:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...e-freedom-pass/

This is something I posted about back in May: Germany has considered similar.

I think this is a great idea. People like me who have been exposed exactly 5 times, directly, to the virus, but still did not get ill, should get a freedom pass.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 10:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe the pass could be like a star

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 10:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Viral video shows New York business owners take defiant stand when health inspector barges inside: 'Go get a warrant'

Good. If the authorities had no problem with BLM protests and Biden celebrations? It's time to sit down and shut the f*ck up. That goes for any city that allowed that bullshit. You will accept this fact, and you will accept the fact with a smile smile

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 10:08 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur

They should put a gold star on your forehead.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 12:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

To identify the "immune" people, I was thinking an identification umber tattooed to their forearm.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 12:39 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Getting close to 2000 deaths a day again. Probably going to be worse after Thanksgiving because of the idiots choosing to be done.

We'll probably be back in lockdown before the year is over.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:38 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Viral video shows New York business owners take defiant stand when health inspector barges inside: 'Go get a warrant'

Good. If the authorities had no problem with BLM protests and Biden celebrations? It's time to sit down and shut the f*ck up. That goes for any city that allowed that bullshit. You will accept this fact, and you will accept the fact with a smile smile
This is so dumb to celebrate.

They can accept the fact these business owners are dumb and part of the reason we've had some of the worst response to this pandemic in the world.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:40 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Odd, NY has allowed gatherings far larger than that for months.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 05:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tinfoil hat on? Check? Voltron assemble... Reeeeeeeeee!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:25 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Today is an important day for Q4 2020 on COVID-19 deaths.

If we see an increase (from 7 days ago), the trends in new cases were predictive.

If we see a decrease (from 7 days ago), the trends in new cases are weakly predictive. Meaning, we won't see 4,000 deaths in a single day, 11-20 days from Nov 20th (where we hit peak new cases).

For anyone interested in this, we don't want people dying. We want to see trends where if people test positive, proportionally, people don't die in direct proportions like we saw in April.

In the beginning of the Pandemic, in the US, new cases were highly predictive of deaths. "The death lag" as it is called. These days, because of how much testing we are doing, the predictive power is much weaker. If I have time, I can do an "r-squared" analysis to see how accurate it is at different points.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 08:28 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Newjak
Getting close to 2000 deaths a day again. Probably going to be worse after Thanksgiving because of the idiots choosing to be done.

We'll probably be back in lockdown before the year is over.

For sure we need to destroy the economy to manage this with an insane low fatality, by economy I mean destroy small business, sounds good.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 08:50 PM