KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coronavirus

Coronavirus
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (504): « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
My findings were .3%-.6% based on models anyone can run.

But other models are showing it to be .1% or less and they are using better data that is more recent.

The error in my modeling is likely due to me using the data from the Cruise Ships: likely to be over-infection and higher rates of illness due to older people being over-represented in Cruise Ships "populations."

Iceland's figures reflect that over half of their population is/was infected but less but had no symptoms.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/half-...ers-no-symptoms

And their mortality rate is at .19%.

http://www.chicagonow.com/dennis-by...-fatality-rate/

And they are trying to triple the number of people tested in Iceland:

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/...vid-19-testing/

Iceland is great because the people travel in and out of Iceland by a larger proportion of their population than, say, the US.

But there could be something about Iceland's genetics and population that makes them particularly immune to COVID-19 which is why some experts are cautioning the optimistic results from Iceland.

Iceland is pretty but I always seem to find the smell of sulfur when I was there. Could never seem to get away from it.

Wife visited a close friend and we decided to fly that direction coming back from the US. What I noticed is that Iceland seems to have very stringent health requirements for kids. Her friend’s sister son was just slightly on the heavy side but was put on what felt like a very controlled eating/diet and exercise schedule (they told me that it was required by the school nutritionist or something, can’t really remember). Felt bad for the kid, he was always freakin hungry and it didn’t make sense to me (I’m not a health/kid growth expert tho so don’t take my word for it). So maybe healthier population? /shrug

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 04:38 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This quarantine lockdown shit blows donkey dicks. Only been a few days over here and I am already bored as phuck inside my house.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 04:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, if the reports of desperate and broke people starting to loot in places like Italy is anything to go by, it's going to be a complete and utter shitshow here in a few weeks' time. Because many, many South Africans work for micro-business, and many work week-to-week or month-to-month, in terms of income. And a lot of that is currently shut down. So, people are going to start running out of money soon. And then things are going to go downhill quickly. Especially as the country also just got downgraded to full economic junk status a few days ago.

https://www.iol.co.za/business-repo...status-45700334

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 05:04 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This quarantine lockdown shit blows donkey dicks. Only been a few days over here and I am already bored as phuck inside my house.
Really oughta think about putting an asterisk next to your username.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:02 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

gotta admit. I lol’d.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 10:33 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

lol Fair play. I walked into that one.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 11:57 AM
dadudemon

Project Veritas, a controversial and sometimes misleading conservative poltiical action and documentary group, went to NY and NJ to see how busy the hospitals were.

They report emtpy hospital after empty hospital. This matches the descriptions and personal accounts from many medical professionals posting on reddit about how empty and barren the hospitals are.

So why does the media and Cuomo keep reporting that they will hit "bed" capacity in 14 days?

Anyone in NY here that can verify if Project Veritas is telling the truth?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 01:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

CBS News at it again with false news reporting.

They used footage from Italian hospitals to represent NY hospitals.

See here:

Absolutely despicable. Any news agency caught doing dishonest shit like this should be fined.

This is why we need to implement Surtur's idea of classifying news agencies by category. All news sites caught doing this kind of thing should be moved down to "tabloid" levels of news coverage, get an F rating, and be required to put a disclaimer every 5 minutes that they often misrepresent facts and coverage.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 03:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Hey, dudes?

Called it. But we didn't have to wait one year. We can see it now.

Total deaths, for all causes, is down across all 24 European countries measured by this group:

http://euromomo.eu/

Remember when the "experts" said COVID-19 was supposed to create WWII holocaust levels of deaths in Europe?

Good news: all this hoax quarantining crap saved tons of lives! But for the wrong reasons. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 03:48 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Left the house for an hour or two yesterday, I've never seen such a high volume of police vehicles, like 4 out of every 5 cars was some form of police vehicle. Lots of peeps wearing surgical masks too, now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the purpose of a surgical mask is to prevent the wearer from infecting other people with their coughing/spluttering, etc? They don't protect the wearer from infection as most bacteria are small enough to pass through.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 04:22 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image) I'm using the new "snap chat" covid19 filter.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 04:43 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by samhain
Left the house for an hour or two yesterday, I've never seen such a high volume of police vehicles, like 4 out of every 5 cars was some form of police vehicle. Lots of peeps wearing surgical masks too, now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the purpose of a surgical mask is to prevent the wearer from infecting other people with their coughing/spluttering, etc? They don't protect the wearer from infection as most bacteria are small enough to pass through.

You're right. That's what the masks are for.

And they are a waste of money unless you're visiting an infirm elderly relative. Almost all of us were exposed to SARS-CoV-2.

no expression

Whirly, clean your mobile phone camera lense. It has grease on it (could be lotions). That's why it is so foggy.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 05:10 PM
dadudemon

So many keks.

This kind of dark sarcasm reminds of Lord Lucien. LL, is this you?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 05:14 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right. That's what the masks are for.

And they are a waste of money unless you're visiting an infirm elderly relative. Almost all of us were exposed to SARS-CoV-2.

no expression

Whirly, clean your mobile phone camera lense. It has grease on it (could be lotions). That's why it is so foggy.
it's alcohol gel, I had just sanitised the camera. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 05:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Dr. Fauci believes that there will be 100,000 deaths in the US before the virus is contained.

It seems like there's just not enough testing kits, testing facilities, isolation units, facemasks and other necessary equipment to keep up with the rapid spread of the virus.

Now that there's at least 8 strains of Covid-19, it will take a while before a vaccine can be produced from the samples. I just hope the virus does not further mutate and create new strains as time goes by.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:33 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't matter what the numbers are, I'm more worried about the elderly and compromised.

We all have parents and grandparents, or people with various health conditions. How hard will this hit that demographic?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Project Veritas, a controversial and sometimes misleading conservative poltiical action and documentary group, went to NY and NJ to see how busy the hospitals were.

They report emtpy hospital after empty hospital. This matches the descriptions and personal accounts from many medical professionals posting on reddit about how empty and barren the hospitals are.

So why does the media and Cuomo keep reporting that they will hit "bed" capacity in 14 days?

Anyone in NY here that can verify if Project Veritas is telling the truth?

They are telling the truth.

Kings County and Downstate hospital are two of the largest hospitals in NYC with a large population of poor people as patients.

These two institutions are in NO WAY overrun whatsoever.

This is propaganda on an unprecedented scale!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:48 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
They are telling the truth.

Kings County and Downstate hospital are two of the largest hospitals in NYC with a large population of poor people as patients.

These two institutions are in NO WAY overrun whatsoever.

This is propaganda on an unprecedented scale!

Oh wow. That matches up with what anonymous redditors are posting, too.

And there was a live stream of the tents outside the hospital. No one was going into or our of them. I think they were put up for dramatic effect. That's scary. That's Nazi-Germany levels of propaganda.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 11:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

could someone post a gaslight-free kek-free blue pill covid-19 thread plz

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 11:29 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We don't have kings in america, so i'm indifferent to kings county.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 11:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote