KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The ST being retconned??

The ST being retconned??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Imagine being a cast member of a movie trilogy that got erased from existence a mere couple of years after the last film was released.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 02:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

So pretty much what they did with X Men days of future past

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 05:16 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

The new news is that the ST won't be retconned, but rather completely ignored in future stories-
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-igno...en-kennedy-2022

So either way it looks like the ST is going away.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The new news is that the ST won't be retconned, but rather completely ignored in future stories-

..That's...not good. This is actually worse, because now Disney is just gonna start ignoring things if there's a huge uproar? YOU GUYS BUILT THE HILL! Now you're not gonna die on it?

"Hey, we cause this to happen and people didn't like it, what do we do?"

"Oh let's use the Veil thing, that'll solve all our problems."

....It actually doesn't solve all your problems, cause now we know you're not gonna stick by what you made. Terrible or not, stick by what you made.

Despite what hate GL got for the PT, guess what? He stuck by them and things continued onward.

Also so now are Kylo, Rey and all them just...ya know, poof?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 14th, 2020 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Well in a weird way I suppose that works. Lucas did say that to him the ending of SW is episode 6 and no stories exists beyond that, Legends just didn't know that was really his intention. I suppose episode 9 can be the ending for Disney canon.

However, I want to point out we've actually had leaks for the future of SW way back in January with a leak being that there will be a Broadway musical about Rey after eps 9. Those leaks talked about Project Luminous and CGI show coming back so most likely that is true

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 08:56 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I could see that happening, yes.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:18 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

and Kennedy is supposed to step down, so she'll no longer be able to stuff the #WokeMatriarchy bullshit down our throats.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I mean, you can see it pretty much happening already. All this new content they've announced and none of it is centered around the ST.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
....It actually doesn't solve all your problems, cause now we know you're not gonna stick by what you made. Terrible or not, stick by what you made.

Hell no. The ST retroactively hurts everything that came before. Get rid of it.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:25 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
I mean, you can see it pretty much happening already. All this new content they've announced and none of it is centered around the ST.

Hell no. The ST retroactively hurts everything that came before. Get rid of it.

Who's fault is that? The same ones that are now trying to push it away. If they won't stick by what they made before, how do we know they won't do it later on? In fact, what if what comes later is just as bad?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The throw it out again. I don't give a shit.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its still canon. Just nobody wants to see those characters again.

Ignoring it without contradicting it is the best path forward.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'd prefer them to make it an Elseworld-esque story, The Force Awakens is the only sequel worth a damn and the others are putrid.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They could completely ignore everything about the ST without causing any issues whatsoever, imo.

Only eras around that time I'm even remotely curious about are the period between RotJ and TFA(namely Luke's explorations/adventures), and the period following the ST(namely what becomes of the Jedi Order.) Either of which could be fully self contained.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Couldn't care less for either of those. Knowing that Luke's story ultimately ends in such a shitty way ruins any enjoyment I would get from stories about Luke's adventures. And seeing Rey start up a new Jedi Order (or even any Order stated by her) is the last thing I ever want to see. It's just spitting on Luke's grave. He was the one who was supposed to recreate the Jedi not MaRey Sue.

**** the ST. The only way is too completely erase it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 03:32 AM
Dominis

Originally posted by Sheev
she'll no longer be able to stuff the #WokeMatriarchy bullshit down our throats.

I think people exaggerate about this. Like, for example, with her "force is female" shirt, she went out of her way to explain that it was just a shirt and that the force isn't female or male, yet people still take issue with her shirt.

So I don't see how she is any worse than anybody else in Hollywood as far as "wokeness."

Last edited by Dominis on Jul 15th, 2020 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Couldn't care less for either of those. Knowing that Luke's story ultimately ends in such a shitty way ruins any enjoyment I would get from stories about Luke's adventures. And seeing Rey start up a new Jedi Order (or even any Order stated by her) is the last thing I ever want to see. It's just spitting on Luke's grave. He was the one who was supposed to recreate the Jedi not MaRey Sue.

**** the ST. The only way is too completely erase it.
Regardless of how much Luke was butchered in TLJ, the fanboy in me still wants to see 'prime' Luke in action. I'd like him to get *some* sort of retribution in supplementary material(even if it's retroactive)... Granted we know he turns out to be a tremendous failure, but I'd still like to see his story before that. /shrug

Yeah, I don't give two shits about Rey, but I would still like to see what becomes of the Jedi Order after the ST-era. Unless Disney just never plans on making any Jedi-related stories that take place after the ST, then unfortunately they kind of *need* to address Rey in some capacity.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 15th, 2020 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

It’s too late now. The movies have been released and everyone has seen them. They just need to move on and fix as much as they can with supplementary material

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:38 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

What I would do is film new scenes and add them into parts of TLJ and TROS to be released in extended versions of the movies. Cut out all the Luke scenes from TLJ and add in better ones. I’d also change the final battle scene when Rey fights Sidious and show the force ghosts of Anakin, Luke and Leia helping her.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:41 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

An extended director's cut of the movies would be a good way to mend some of the wounds, and do a "soft reboot" of the ST to make it more palatable.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

thumb up kinda doubt it’ll happen tho

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 10:49 PM