KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Captain Marvel vs. Faora/Nam-Ek

MCU Captain Marvel vs. Faora/Nam-Ek
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU Captain Marvel vs. Faora/Nam-Ek

Endgame Carol

Fight takes place on neutral ground

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 02:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Faora/Nak-Ek were beating the living hell out of Superman. They win.

EDIT: Unless Marvel manages to damage their suits enough to take them out via sensory overload. I don't think she will. Anyone who keeps up with Superman has a solid speed and reaction time edge over Marvel.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 03:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Reaction wise, Superman wasn't all that fast when he fought them. he didn't get legit combat superspeed until the JL movie.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 04:51 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Wasn't faora knocked out by an earth fighter jet? Since carol took the entire thanos army firing at her, I would say she at least has better durability

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 05:01 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

At this point what difference does it make?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 05:05 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Reaction wise, Superman wasn't all that fast when he fought them. he didn't get legit combat superspeed until the JL movie.

This is false. Faora has a legit super speed combat feat and Superman was overwhelming her before Nam-Ek joined the fight.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 09:08 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

A very low level of combat speed. Superman got a massive speed upgrade in JL.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 11:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Carol kills them

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 01:53 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovert Potato

(please log in to view the image)

This isn't low, especially compared to most marvel characters. How fast is carol?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 02:15 AM
Kovert Potato is currently offline Click here to Send Kovert Potato a Private Message Find more posts by Kovert Potato Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Kovert Potato
(please log in to view the image)

This isn't low, especially compared to most marvel characters. How fast is carol?

The level of speed she used in that movie was very low in comparison to guys like Sony Quicksilver or the Flash.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 02:26 AM
Kovert Potato

The level of speed she used in that movie was very low in comparison to guys like Sony Quicksilver or the Flash.

Why wouldn't you compare her with Captain Marvel?

That's like going into a Sony Quicksilver vs Captain Marvel thread and saying he is very low in comparison to guys like Metro Man.

Marvel may be faster, but no one has given any evidence.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 04:23 AM
Kovert Potato is currently offline Click here to Send Kovert Potato a Private Message Find more posts by Kovert Potato Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

So now we're moving the goal posts from "Superman didn't have super speed until JL to Superman's speed is low level". What are Carol's combar speed feats again? Because I seem to remember her being unable to blitz even Thanos, who has human level reactions. Unless Carol has speed feats I am unaware of she gets blitzed hard by two people who are in her strength tier.

Regardless, Superman wasn't upgraded in JL, he was just revived. Even in BvS he traveled from the Arctic or wherever he was when he was talking with his father to Metropolis in seconds when Lex pushed Lois off the building.

Carol couldn't outpace Thanos, she certainly wouldn't be able to match Faora and Nam-Ek, especially at the same time. Her only chance is to break their masks, but those things can withstand multiple punches from an enraged Superman, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 08:34 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Carol kills them

Pretty much.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 09:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Psychotron
So now we're moving the goal posts from "Superman didn't have super speed until JL to Superman's speed is low level". What are Carol's combar speed feats again? Because I seem to remember her being unable to blitz even Thanos, who has human level reactions. Unless Carol has speed feats I am unaware of she gets blitzed hard by two people who are in her strength tier.

Regardless, Superman wasn't upgraded in JL, he was just revived. Even in BvS he traveled from the Arctic or wherever he was when he was talking with his father to Metropolis in seconds when Lex pushed Lois off the building.

Carol couldn't outpace Thanos, she certainly wouldn't be able to match Faora and Nam-Ek, especially at the same time. Her only chance is to break their masks, but those things can withstand multiple punches from an enraged Superman, so I wouldn't bet on it.

I didn't change anything, if you disagree show Superman displaying legit superspeed reactions pre-JL.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 11:22 AM
Psychotron

I didn't change anything, if you disagree show Superman displaying legit superspeed reactions pre-JL.

He was > Faora, who had super speed feats. She was outfighting him at first, then he overwhelmed her when he got serious.

Either way, Clark isn't in this battle, Faora is and she has on-screen super speed. Have fun proving Carol is faster in combat.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 11:44 AM
Silent Master

Yes, Faora has low level superspeed.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 01:24 PM
h1a8

If Faora is far faster in combat than Marvel then how is comparing Faora to both flash and Superman relevant.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 02:29 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Just pointing out that she only has low-end superspeed.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 02:46 PM
Psychotron

Yes, Faora has low level superspeed.

Low or not, it's more than enough to blitz Carol, especially with another Kryptonian helping.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 03:05 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Carol can fly and is one of the toughest people in MCU. She can just go up and laser bomb Faora.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 03:15 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote