KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda

Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Not true. More "non-believers" than ever and the numbers keep rising. In most western countries, being religious is the 'no longer fashionable' thing.

A ton.

How are you romantic relationships?

Wrong, being non religious is not the same thing as self identifying as an atheist/antitheist and affects polling.

Not believing in god isnt a consolidated group.

Also ive been in a great relationship for 3 years and we own our own house and run s business together.

Last edited by ilikecomics on Nov 19th, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:14 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Oh Qeon!

Isnt neon a trans sexual?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:16 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...about-atheists/

Here's a link on how self reported atheists believe in a higher power, which isn't atheist.

Other problems arise with polling specifically when the term atheist is used.

Read the link smile

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:20 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by ilikecomics
Wrong, being non religious is not the same thing as self identifying as an atheist/antitheist and affects polling.

Wrong. "No religion" is atheism.

Atheism spans anywhere from weak atheism to strong atheism.

You can also be a practicing (meaning, you do the religion thing) weak atheist.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1690/religion.aspx

Also ive been in a great relationship for 3 years and we own our own house and run s business together.

But I get incel vibes from you.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I made this diagram, years ago, to explain this to edgelords who keep getting it wrong:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Secularism is, which is like shrugging ay god.
Think namby pamby agnostic fence shitting bullshit -
Either there's good reason to think a jewish lich carpenter built the universe as his dad-self, then fills that universe with love via his ghost-self, or not.
I go or not, and i aint shy about it.

I live in a pretty boring place in MI, never heard of oinks but i love ice cream.
Ill check em out.

Depending on where you live in Michigan it might be a far drive. My family owns a cottage in South Bend, Indiana. Since Oink's is in New Buffalo it wasn't a very long drive from there and so my family used to go a lot.

Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^This is correct. I myself am not religious, but I'm also not an atheist.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

They think everyone is a sock.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:23 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I also made this diagram, too, around the same time.

Man, I'm cool people:

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:24 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

You are. You fall under "weak atheism" which is under the broad umbrella of atheism.

You're conflating gnostic atheism with the entirety of atheism.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:25 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wrong. "No religion" is atheism.

Atheism spans anywhere from weak atheism to strong atheism.

You can also be a practicing (meaning, you do the religion thing) weak atheist.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1690/religion.aspx

But I get incel vibes from you.

But as you already said, youre so much morr vastly intelligent than the average duck, so surely you understand what theory of mind is and by extension it's importance as an interpreter of statistics.

So do you think everyone polled automatically knows the nuanced semantical difference between explicit and implicit atheism?

Why do you think i mentioned the caveats i did?

If i meet someone who says theyre an atheist, but they specifically mean the god of the bible, and go on to say they believe in say the ancient astronaut theory, theyre not actually an atheist as the aliens would serve as that higher power.

If you read the article from pew i posted, youd know that agnostics and atheists and religiously unaffiliated are all categorized as different things, that's because they are different things to different people, thus the aforementioned difficulties in polling.

If you add up everyone who isnt actively practicing religion, the atheists, and the agnostics it's somewhere around 17-18 percent.
That's because saying your agnostic sounds like youre a careful thinker, whereas saying youre an atheist conjures to mind a fedora talking about how pithy chris hitchens is.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:29 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can believe in God without Religion.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:29 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

I know the point ddm is getting at, but im approching this as a layman, because laymen are the people reflected in polls.

Most people dont know what gnostic vs agnostic is, and the confusion is made greater by gnosticism relating to that 13th century idiot trimetus or whatever the hell his name is.

Youre really smart ddm, we get it.

Your graphics are really good and spending 30 k to graduate class of February from devry uni was a suuuuper good investment.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:32 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wxyz

Yes, like the deists for example. That's what im trying to tell ddm.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by wxyz

Correct, what I was getting at.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Depending on where you live in Michigan it might be a far drive. My family owns a cottage in South Bend, Indiana. Since Oink's is in New Buffalo it wasn't a very long drive from there and so my family used to go a lot.

It's about 3 hours away from me, which is cool because ive never been to that part of michigan.

Me and my gf are gonna go thrifting, get ice cream, and make a day of it.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:35 PM
dadudemon

But as you already said, youre so much morr vastly intelligent than the average duck, so surely you understand what theory of mind is and by extension it's importance as an interpreter of statistics.

So do you think everyone polled automatically knows the nuanced semantical difference between explicit and implicit atheism?

Why do you think i mentioned the caveats i did?

If i meet someone who says theyre an atheist, but they specifically mean the god of the bible, and go on to say they believe in say the ancient astronaut theory, theyre not actually an atheist as the aliens would serve as that higher power.

If you read the article from pew i posted, youd know that agnostics and atheists and religiously unaffiliated are all categorized as different things, that's because they are different things to different people, thus the aforementioned difficulties in polling.

If you add up everyone who isnt actively practicing religion, the atheists, and the agnostics it's somewhere around 17-18 percent.
That's because saying your agnostic sounds like youre a careful thinker, whereas saying youre an atheist conjures to mind a fedora talking about how pithy chris hitchens is.

So this is you way of round-about admitting you're wrong as the 'a-religious', also known as atheists, continue to increase, right?

Youre really smart ddm, we get it.

Your graphics are really good and spending 30 k to graduate class of February from devry uni was a suuuuper good investment.

Your mask is slipping.

And it is 5 degrees, one of which is in philosophy. Brick and Mortar Uni.

Praise me.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:35 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Religion is nonsense anyways.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:36 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

So this is you way of round-about admitting you're wrong as the 'a-religious', also known as atheists, continue to increase, right?

I never said religious non affiliation wasnt increasing, i said being a self identified atheist isnt fashionable.
Even other atheists say im a cringey new stheist, as if changing the name of the classification of beliefs changes the merit the beliefs.

Last edited by ilikecomics on Nov 19th, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:36 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your mask is slipping.

And it is 5 degrees, one of which is in philosophy. Brick and Mortar Uni.

Praise me.

Damn dude. For real, good job.

What are your degrees in?

Im not trying to compare credentials, i barely graduated highschool and am autodidactic.

How did your mormonism and ineffective communication survive how ever many years of college?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:39 PM