KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda

Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I dont hate you or love you

Then you didn't understand what I said. See why talking to you is difficult?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon

All of them.

Many do.

I dont get how you can say that you were mean to me because im a science denier and now youre down playing the importance of science.
Why is this? Convenience or something?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:11 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I dont get how you can say that you were mean to me because im a science denier and now youre down playing the importance of science.

I did? Where?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

I don't.

I haven't. You're still a science-denying [insult].

My entertainment is more important than maintaining an ideal enemy state for you to fight.

And I am not. You're still an [insult] who is a science denier.

Be more interested in these nuts.

You blew it. You had the opportunity to have an adult discussion but denied very clear science. You fell into the hole of what I consider complete idiots who are not worth engaging in serious discussion. It's a very short list. Very few people are such giant idiots that they end up on this list.

You did in this comment.

Then you just said science only lead to 2 innovations.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:15 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't deny science, in fact it is the only game in town.

People who think native americans are jews are Science deniers.

Last edited by ilikecomics on Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:16 PM
dadudemon

You did in this comment.

No I didn't. Not at all. It's not even a stretch on your part: you're plain wrong.

Try to be more honest, in the future.

Then you just said science only lead to 2 innovations.

I was referring to only my specific innovations. Only 2 published white papers. It was also a joke. Because no-one gives a shit about the data handling logarithms and virtual hardware architecture when I wrote about memristors.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:19 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I am not. You're still an [insult] who is a science denier.

How is this not the clearest example of you being mean to me because you think im a science denier?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:22 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get a room you two
This is about baby Yoda

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:22 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Get a room you two
This is about baby Yoda

If that room has that disgusting infantoid egg eating golem that is force sensitive in it, i want to ban that room.
It offends me.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:24 PM
dadudemon

How is this not the clearest example of you being mean to me because you think im a science denier?

You did it again. You specifically said, "...now youre down playing the importance of science."

Which I didn't.

Do you see why we can't have any conversation?

I think it's done. We didn't get anywhere.

You didn't learn that atheism is a very broad umbrella that can include anything from agnostics to gnostic atheists.

You didn't learn how to remember conversations from a few minutes agao.

You didn't learn what scientific polling is (maybe you did?).

And you still don't know how to be honest enough to assign your "beliefs" with the "belief" label.

Now try to compliment/insult bait me, again. I'll just ignore you.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:25 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

You did it again. You specifically said, "...now youre down playing the importance of science."

Which I didn't.

Do you see why we can't have any conversation?

I think it's done. We didn't get anywhere.

You didn't learn that atheism is a very broad umbrella that can include anything from agnostics to gnostic atheists.

You didn't learn how to remember conversations from a few minutes agao.

You didn't learn what scientific polling is (maybe you did?).

And you still don't know how to be honest enough to assign your "beliefs" with the "belief" label.

Now try to compliment/insult bait me, again. I'll just ignore you.

Ohhhhhh i thought you were claiming you werent insulting me because you view me as a science denier, NOT that you were refuting my claim that you were downplaying the importance of science.

So you do think science is very important and were not saying it isnt important, and now i get what part you were referring to as a joke.

Im caught up now and no longer misconstruing what youre talking about there. My bad on the misunderstanding.

In reference to atheism as an umbrella term: As i said from the beginning i already understood that argument and have had it with others (the distinction between theism and atheism, and gnosticism and agnsoticism. In dawkins the god delusion he has a 7 part sliding spectrum that discusses that, which is the source material i constructed my argument from.

I was arguing most people dont understand that and was making the assertion that that could affect polling massively.
However, i was unaware that definitions are provided at the time of polling.
Again, i barely graduated highschool and was misinformed in terms of my predicate, which is why my argument was off.

So yes, i actually do have a better idea of polling and that is because our exchange. Thank you for that, now i wont make that same argument in real life.

My beliefs are beliefs, im just saying some beliefs are more justified than others based on evidence. I always try to find the beliefs with the most evidence.
Just like most people except the very pious, ideologues and their followers, and morons.

If youre looking for reasons to not talk to me, you dont have to.
Im all for free association, i just don't understand the eagerness to categorize me as a bad actor.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 11:40 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I enjoyed my chat with tzeentch, but he wanted to get aggressive too in the same way ddm did and is now doing.
Don't act like you weren't loving it the entire time, you little whore.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 12:36 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Don't act like you weren't loving it the entire time, you little whore.

smokin'
angel

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 12:39 AM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Agreed, plus I'd also say even if a deity was proven real...for example if Zeus suddenly appeared out of thin air, it would not warrant worship.

Any God that demands worship, isn't worthy of it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 12:54 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wxyz
Any God that demands worship, isn't worthy of it.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 12:59 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ohhhhhh i thought you were claiming you werent insulting me because you view me as a science denier, NOT that you were refuting my claim that you were downplaying the importance of science.

So you do think science is very important and were not saying it isnt important, and now i get what part you were referring to as a joke.

Im caught up now and no longer misconstruing what youre talking about there. My bad on the misunderstanding.

In reference to atheism as an umbrella term: As i said from the beginning i already understood that argument and have had it with others (the distinction between theism and atheism, and gnosticism and agnsoticism. In dawkins the god delusion he has a 7 part sliding spectrum that discusses that, which is the source material i constructed my argument from.

I was arguing most people dont understand that and was making the assertion that that could affect polling massively.
However, i was unaware that definitions are provided at the time of polling.
Again, i barely graduated highschool and was misinformed in terms of my predicate, which is why my argument was off.

So yes, i actually do have a better idea of polling and that is because our exchange. Thank you for that, now i wont make that same argument in real life.

My beliefs are beliefs, im just saying some beliefs are more justified than others based on evidence. I always try to find the beliefs with the most evidence.
Just like most people except the very pious, ideologues and their followers, and morons.

If youre looking for reasons to not talk to me, you dont have to.
Im all for free association, i just don't understand the eagerness to categorize me as a bad actor.

Your easy to categorize as a bad actor bc you are bad actor

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 03:26 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Your easy to categorize as a bad actor bc you are bad actor

Care to explain why you think that?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 04:40 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m joking

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 05:11 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

*cries while rocking back and forth in cold shower and holding a trophy that says "best actor" from a third grade production on wizard of oz i was in, that i made up just now.*

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 05:34 AM
Adam_PoE

If the owner of a diary queen franchise, in a free market, says they wont sell ice cream to someone because theyre black, for example, then that guy would be seen as a racist jerk and his dq would collapse.

That would be an example of cancel culture. So in your idealized scenario, cancel culture is an essential corrective mechanism in a free market. So if you support one, you necessarily have to support the other.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 06:12 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote