KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda

Cancel Culture turned its gaze to Baby Yoda
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

@surt Social media bias exist and it exist on both sides and everything in between. No one claimed otherwise.

But that was just a silly distraction from you because you're failing hard in here and it's been noted.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
@surt Social media bias exist and it exist on both sides and everything in between. No one claimed otherwise.

But that was just a silly distraction from you because you're failing hard in here and it's been noted.

Does it exist equally on both sides?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Your distraction has already been noted, surt.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One more time: is the bias equal?

You fail to answer again: I assume you acknowledge it's not

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
So it's like Rain Man and he's Dustin Hoffman.

Neither of us are savants a la Rainman.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But one does seem more retarded than the other

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:20 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You don't understand what an ad hominem is.

An ad hominem would be me saying that your argument is wrong because you're retarded. You being retarded is not related to why your assertion that bullying people on twitter is fascism is incorrect.

Actually, if you read carefully, you're claiming i dont know what sophistry is because im an idiot, that is an ad hominem, regardless if the definition of sophistry is tangential to our main argument or not.

Saying inflammatory things on twitter isnt what im talking about.
That's a peer to peer voluntary action.
What i am talking about is removing someone's account without twitter's version of due process, which would involve a notice, deliberation, then delivering that deliberation etc.
This is a clumsy attempt at ideologically based censorship and clumsy at that.

If twitter, for example, just followed the boundaries of free speech instead of their own arbitration system this problem would disappear.

Also, using positive and negative re-enforcement in child rearing is not abuse and not what im talking about.

Im talking about abuse as categorized by any simple google search.

If there's any further misconceptions feel free to ask, that way it doesnt look like youre straw manning my argument.
You might even try steel manning it first.

Cheers.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:22 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ilikecomics
Greven

Man, I'm good with guess shit about who published books about disciplining children with corporal punishment. The list is not very long, though, so, again, I'm definitely definitely not a savant.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Man, I'm good with guess shit about who published books about disciplining children with corporal punishment. The list is not very long, though, so, again, I'm definitely definitely not a savant.

^This b*tch hates kids!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:24 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

^This b*tch hates kids!

I spit out my cali roll, bro

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:26 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:29 PM
dadudemon

^This b*tch hates kids!

How DARE you call me a b*tch!

As we established, yesterday, with PVS: I'm a whore because I demand to be paid.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:47 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ilikecomics
[B]Actually, if you read carefully, you're claiming i dont know what sophistry is because im an idiot
No, I'm claiming that you're retarded because of your arguments. That you don't know what sophistry is, is just an unfortunate side effect of your retardation. Now, what evidence do I have that you don't understand how logical fallacies work? Well, the fact that you keep invoking them incorrectly in this thread is the evidence.

quote:
What i am talking about is removing someone's account without twitter's version of due process, which would involve a notice, deliberation, then delivering that deliberation etc.
This is a clumsy attempt at ideologically based censorship and clumsy at that.

If twitter, for example, just followed the boundaries of free speech instead of their own arbitration system this problem would disappear.
1. "Due process" and "free speech" are legal terms that apply in no way to a private entity. Twitter deleting your account because you said that you're voting republican this year is not a violation of your right to expression.
2. This is an entirely separate topic from your original assertion in this thread, which was that people losing their jobs/platform due to public outrage on twitter is equivalent to murder.

quote:
Also, using positive and negative re-enforcement in child rearing is not abuse and not what im talking about.
It doesn't matter- I'm the one who brought up child abuse vs child discipline- to highlight the ridiculousness of your slippery slope fallacy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 18th, 2020 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:50 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How DARE you call me a b*tch!

As we established, yesterday, with PVS: I'm a whore because I demand to be paid.

I dont pay no man no mind

Emphasis on pay

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 11:56 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I'm claiming that you're retarded because of your arguments. That you don't know what sophistry is, is just an unfortunate side effect of your retardation. Now, what evidence do I have that you don't understand how logical fallacies work? Well, the fact that you keep invoking them incorrectly in this thread is the evidence.

1. "Due process" and "free speech" are legal terms that apply in no way to a private entity. Twitter deleting your account because you said that you're voting republican this year is not a violation of your right to expression.
2. This is an entirely separate topic from your original assertion in this thread, which was that people losing their jobs/platform due to public outrage on twitter is equivalent to murder.

It doesn't matter- I'm the one who brought up child abuse vs child discipline- to highlight the ridiculousness of your slippery slope fallacy.

Do you think im using those terms in the legal capacity, or do you think im talking about whatever mechanism would be analogous within twitter's organizational and procedural structure?

I ask because it doesnt seem like youre acting in good faith and are coming off pedantic, so ill ask point blank.

Do you intend on ever agreeing with anything i say or do you just like to argue?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:00 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

If you think this convo is getting too pedantic we can step back to square one.

"[cancel culture] is the same thing as [mass murder], just different intensities"

No. That's retarded. You go on to extrapolate by saying that youtube deleting SM's account is equivalent to murder because they did so "illegitimately", which is also retarded as youtube was well within their rights to do so as outlined in their Terms of Service- terms of service that SM agreed to abide by when using their service.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you think this convo is getting too pedantic we can step back to square one.

"[cancel culture] is the same thing as [mass murder], just different intensities"

No. That's retarded. You go on to extrapolate by saying that youtube deleting SM's account is equivalent to murder because they did so "illegitimately", which is also retarded as youtube was well within their rights to do so as outlined in their Terms of Service- terms of service that SM agreed to abide by when using their service.

I didnt say it's the same thing, i said it's a dress rehearsal for mass murder.

Dress rehearsal = conditioning for, a roleplay, a normalization of acts depicted, etc.

Your example of child abuse is a perfect tool to illustrate that there is a continuum of violence.
In the case of child abuse, the spectrum goes from yelling or bullying (not well intentioned pedagogical moments that require a certain level of authoritativeness.) on the tame side, spanning to physical punishment, sexual abuse etc.

Being impatient with a child is not an instance of abuse, it's just shitty parenting, in the same way deleting molyneaux's account, without going through the correct procedure to do so, isnt violence.

My positive claim is that a society that allows/noramlizes shitty parenting can ultimately and easily accommodate the normalization of abuse, on either end of the spectrum.
In the same way if people who dont like molyneaux's view dont mind if his work gets deleted also would mind if some poor turn in forture befell him, as evidenced by the fact that the deletion of his yt is no biggie and "totally under the rules to do so", even tho it isnt.

"If the video violates YouTube's Community Guidelines it will be removed; but if there is no violation, the video will not be removed no matter how often it is flagged."

Molyneaux never broke their terms of agreement.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:18 AM
dadudemon

Who said this, though? Seems kind of stupid that someone would say that.

Mass career murder, maybe.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:19 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who said this, though? Seems kind of stupid that someone would say that.

Mass career murder, maybe.

If i did, someone must have hacked kmc.

Also ddm, i like you better as an ally, but can i ask a question at the risk of being coarse?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but dont fret this dude has needed multiple things explained to him

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 12:22 AM