KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So god conceived himself? That don't make sense.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 08:00 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Holy Ghost = An expression of god's love (what impregnated Mary, Jesus' mum)

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas

The water argument makes no sense to me.

Water can only exist in one of those forms at any given point in time.

All three members of the Trinity have existed forever.

I think the Trinity is illogical and therefore cannot exist.

The Trinity is 3 Gods, so polytheism.

Or

God is 3 entities, each being 1/3 of God.

So each member is not "fully God."

But Catholics say neither of those is true.

So they think Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father is God.

Yet, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are not the same as each other.

Logical contradiction.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 03:13 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Blakemore
So god conceived himself? That don't make sense.
If you are omnipotent it does make sense. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Neon1234

Or

Logical contradiction.
Ah, so every man says. Be careful not to live off of your own idea of things, or you might end up somewhere pretty terrible in the afterlife.

Water can exist in all three forms, but it is still water. All three of the trinity have the same powers, goals, and understanding as the other. They aren't separate gods, but rather, are three forms of one god that exist at the same time.

If you are ever interested in becoming a Christian, you shouldn't reside on the confusing stuff. God can fill the you with what the world can't provide. smile

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2021 05:35 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Well, the Bible states that the fear of the Lord is good. Therefore, you technically complemented his faith. laughing out loud

Why don’t you believe in the Lord? Give me a single good reason that I cannot counter and I will change my point of view entirely.

I do not care what your religious text states, any more than you care what the text of another religion states. It has no value to anyone who does not already believe it. There is simply not sufficient evidence to believe in the existence of a god. I could not care less about changing your point of view. Anyone whose faculties are so dimished that they would accept that ridiculous tripe is not worth converting.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 12:43 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

If you are omnipotent it does make sense. laughing out loud

Ah, so every man says. Be careful not to live off of your own idea of things, or you might end up somewhere pretty terrible in the afterlife.

Water can exist in all three forms, but it is still water. All three of the trinity have the same powers, goals, and understanding as the other. They aren't separate gods, but rather, are three forms of one god that exist at the same time.

If you are ever interested in becoming a Christian, you shouldn't reside on the confusing stuff. God can fill the you with what the world can't provide. smile

If you just suspend reason and accept an unfalsifiable belief as an explanation for another unfalsifiable belief, it all makes sense! Do not think for yourself, just substitute your reason with our dogma, or we will threaten you with pretend consequences! Stop trying to make sense of the nonsensical, and just let god fill the gaps in your knoweldge!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 12:47 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

But you agree that this is our chance right for Adam_PoE.
So something makes sense.
And if that something is love.
Then God.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 12:57 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

So if they are not separate Gods, and they are all three forms of God that exist at the same time, then Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Father are equal to each other?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:04 AM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Or

Logical contradiction.

Just because you think something is illogical doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical yet you believe in those (and please don't reply back that those are "science", they're not).

If we understood everything about God then He wouldn't be worth worshipping.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 05:21 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 05:18 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrstBttnBlocked
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical
A Christian would russian, a physicist would wait and drag it out until he had all the facts.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 05:29 AM
FrstBttnBlocked is currently offline Click here to Send FrstBttnBlocked a Private Message Find more posts by FrstBttnBlocked Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrstBttnBlocked
Restricted

Account Restricted

So if they are not separate Gods, and they are all three forms of God that exist at the same time, then Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Father are equal to each other?
You're just repeating syllables

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 05:39 AM
FrstBttnBlocked is currently offline Click here to Send FrstBttnBlocked a Private Message Find more posts by FrstBttnBlocked Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just because you think something is illogical doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical yet you believe in those (and please don't reply back that those are "science", they're not).

If we understood everything about God then He wouldn't be worth worshipping.

If something is illogical, it doesn't exist.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:29 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not true.

Crazy leftists are highly illogical yet they still exist lmao.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 01:54 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not true.

Crazy leftists are highly illogical yet they still exist lmao.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 02:25 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Martin Luther King Jr. said it is in sleep that our conduct is peaceful. Remember your dreams and believe.
You know how both states of consciousness are still yourself.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 02:58 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I do not care what your religious text states, any more than you care what the text of another religion states. It has no value to anyone who does not already believe it. There is simply not sufficient evidence to believe in the existence of a god. I could not care less about changing your point of view. Anyone whose faculties are so dimished that they would accept that ridiculous tripe is not worth converting.
Oooo, cranky are we? laughing out loud

Yes.

If something is illogical, it doesn't exist.
I agree with that.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 06:21 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no God, wrestling is homo, striking is hetero. Mcgregor will win the Khabib rematch I'd bet money on it

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 06:22 PM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Oooo, cranky are we? laughing out loud

Nope, but you are delusional.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:04 AM
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't everyone these days? At least my memory is improving, how bout yours?

Ready to confess?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:13 AM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Whether you make it easy for yourself or not, it shall happen.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:18 AM
Adam_PoE

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Whether you make it easy for yourself or not, it shall happen.

Thank you for proving my point.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:30 AM