KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
You do not have a point, you have an opinion, i.e. my insults are childish. But my point is that your beliefs are childish, and should be treated as such. Your beliefs are worth of ridicule, and you are worthy of ridicule for holding them.
Then ignore anything I post.

The fact that you are consistently trashing the Christian faith is pathetic.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:43 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Then ignore anything I post.

The fact that you are consistently trashing the Christian faith is pathetic.

No, the Christian faith is pathetic. It cannot be trashed, because it is trash already.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 07:39 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, the Christian faith is pathetic. It cannot be trashed, because it is trash already.
Then stop trashing it. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 02:51 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Then stop trashing it. laughing out loud

I am not trashing it. I am speaking about it with the respect it deserves.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 08:18 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Christianity believes in the beginning and an end. It’s meant to be something beautiful and meaningful in your life. Practiced daily it can be strong enough to move a mountain.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 03:40 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

let us not confuse Christianity and Catholicism

Catholicism invented Trinity where there is one god with three perfectly equal persons: father, son, holy ghost

in Christianity and in the Bible, there is a Godhead, the three are united as one but not perfectly equal: the Father is the greatest of all, greater than Christ and the Holy Ghost

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:00 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by dyajeep

Catholicism invented Trinity where there is one god with three perfectly equal persons: father, son, holy ghost

Three persons by definition would be three beings.

Worshipping Jesus goes against the first two of the Ten Commandments. Hence why Jewish people worship One God and not Three.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:08 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Three persons by definition would be three beings.

Worshipping Jesus goes against the first two of the Ten Commandments. Hence why Jewish people worship One God and not Three.

yup, but if they believe in the authenticity of the books of Proverbs (of Solomon) and Psalms as part of their doctrine then the Jews will contradict a doctrine where God has a Son who was with Him in the creation of the world

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:19 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

yup, but if they believe in the authenticity of the books of Proverbs (of Solomon) and Psalms as part of their doctrine then the Jews will contradict a doctrine where God has a Son who was with Him in the creation of the world

Well it's originally their book, so for them to interpret. The Ten Commandments was literally set in stone though.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Well it's originally their book, so for them to interpret. The Ten Commandments was literally set in stone though.

i don't think it's theirs... but yeah, they can interpret it, it doesn't mean their interpretation is correct though

Psalms and Proverbs state that the Father God has begotten a Son, and prophet Isaiah prophesied a child born and be called a "Mighty God"

the Jews don't believe in the Trinity, i guess? i think they are more of a "oneness" type, just acknowledging the Father and not His Son

Old Post Jul 10th, 2021 05:55 AM
Darth Thor

the Jews don't believe in the Trinity, i guess? i think they are more of a "oneness" type, just acknowledging the Father and not His Son

Well obviously because that was the First Commandment which was literally set in stone for them.

Christians really wanted to worship Jesus, but they were also aware of the Ten Commandments thats why theyve interpreted it that way. Where its One but Three.

But Hindus also say all their Gods have One essence. So that idea is essentially Polytheism. Especially when you make idols of your Gods which breaks the Second Commandment.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2021 11:07 AM
dyajeep

Christians really wanted to worship Jesus, but they were also aware of the Ten Commandments thats why theyve interpreted it that way. Where its One but Three.

yup, but that's Catholicism...i believe they are many Protestants who also embrace Christianity but that reject Catholic doctrine of idolatry, or creating and worshipping graven images

Bible-based Christians worship Jesus Christ without using Catholic's Trinity, because in Trinity, the three persons are perfectly equal - which is not the case in the Bible, the Father is greater than Christ (John 14:28)

in the Bible, the Father Almighty is the supreme being, His state of being (or nature) is God

the Son, Jesus Christ, also has the same state of being (or nature) because He was born or begotten by the Father, that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6), He was the Word and the Word was God (John 1:1)

the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is basically the Spirit of the Father given its own being (Matthew 10:20), if the Father has a state of being of God, so is His Spirit

in some sense or perspective, there is a synecdoche (collective term) here esp. by the Hebrew word "Elohim", transliterated as "God" but plural in meaning, in Greek there is "Theotes" or Godhead also pertaining to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Old Post Jul 11th, 2021 08:56 AM
Darth Thor

yup, but that's Catholicism...i believe they are many Protestants who also embrace Christianity but that reject Catholic doctrine of idolatry, or creating and worshipping graven images

Well that's something.

Bible-based Christians worship Jesus Christ without using Catholic's Trinity, because in Trinity, the three persons are perfectly equal - which is not the case in the Bible, the Father is greater than Christ (John 14:28)

Exactly, the core doctrine of Christianity seems to be more extrapolation from the texts, than anything concrete told to them by Jesus.

in the Bible, the Father Almighty is the supreme being, His state of being (or nature) is God

the Son, Jesus Christ, also has the same state of being (or nature) because He was born or begotten by the Father, that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6), He was the Word and the Word was God (John 1:1)

the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is basically the Spirit of the Father given its own being (Matthew 10:20), if the Father has a state of being of God, so is His Spirit

in some sense or perspective, there is a synecdoche (collective term) here esp. by the Hebrew word "Elohim", transliterated as "God" but plural in meaning, in Greek there is "Theotes" or Godhead also pertaining to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

John's book were written last I believe, and his books give Jesus that Divine nature much more so than the others.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 09:29 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the stupidest thread ever laughing out loud

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 09:54 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

The Trinity can be explained by the properties of water. It can be a solid, liquid or vapor. And yet, it is of the same essence.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2022 12:06 PM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the name of authority, ego and society.

In the name of the book, thyself and what we don't understand.

It could mean a lot of things.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2022 06:45 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote