KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Sidious ( See details)

Darth Vader vs Sidious ( See details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Darth Vader vs Sidious ( See details)

Both at peak who will win in a light saber duel only?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 10:16 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Sidious, beat the Zabrak bros with ease, carved up 3 Council members in seconds; did the same thing after the formation of the Empire where he cut down several Jedi with one swipe in his throne room, in the novel Lords of the Sith, Vader was taken aback and amazed and the speed and dexterity with which Sidious dispatched the Lyle nest and that was all well before his prime power

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 10:30 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Sidious should stomp

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Vader is better than Sidious in sabers. I feel like that's a well-known fact that canon established.

However, as we've seen in the comics, Sidious doesn't need (nor would he) use a lightsaber to defeat Vader.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Where is Vader confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine in canon? Not that stupid magazine that lists "5 red lightsaber wielders", surely?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Where is Vader confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine in canon? Not that stupid magazine that lists "5 red lightsaber wielders", surely?

Well, for starters it's a book. And a book that is published as official canon. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's true.

By no means am I saying Vader would stomp Sidious in an all out. He's just the greater duelist. Unless there's something new that contradicts this.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Theres nothing that contradicts it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Feats, but yeah.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

TROS Sidious probably one shots tbf

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Unless ESB Palpatines Saber skills have gone to complete shit, he would win. All that power in the force will enhance his speed and strength to stupid levels.

Also I like how everyone likes quoting the top 5 red duelists as proof that Vader is better than Sidious in Sabers, but none of those same people take it as fact that Maul would best Dooku in Sabers, or heck even Ventress beat Kylo. I would personally be perfectly happy with that list, but its funny how people pick and choose.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Last edited by Darthadi on Jan 18th, 2021 at 09:50 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

The list would be outdated for all of Kylo's new feats anyway it's quite old iirc.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darthadi
The list canonicity is dubious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/authorad...900429505253376
The Tweet you posted is dubious, though: "I believe"... "To my recollection." Certainly doesn't come off as authoritative by any stretch.

I know people like to go the Tweet route for things like this, but even Matt Martin has said on more than one occasion that Tweets are not canonical in and of themselves -- published material always takes precedence:
https://i.imgur.com/jeFfjrT.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2N8lfor.jpg

That said, the list also says "Top 5 red lightsaber wielders", followed by each character receiving a specific numerical entry, from 1-5. Doesn't seem like the placements were meant to be 'randomized' to me. /shrug

But if you choose not to believe that, I get it. You're certainly not the first person who has ever disagreed with the order. thumb up

Originally posted by Scizard
The list would be outdated for all of Kylo's new feats anyway it's quite old iirc.
It was released just before TFA.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Unless ESB Palpatines Saber skills have gone to complete shit, he would win. All that power in the force will enhance his speed and strength to stupid levels.

Also I like how everyone likes quoting the top 5 red duelists as proof that Vader is better than Sidious in Sabers, but none of those same people take it as fact that Maul would best Dooku in Sabers, or heck even Ventress beat Kylo. I would personally be perfectly happy with that list, but its funny how people pick and choose.

The list was made before TFA was released which is why Kylo isn’t on it. His abilities were still unknown.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:24 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yeah it sounds like the author isn’t even sure if it’s supposed to be in order, I wouldn’t place too much stock in it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:26 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
The list was made before TFA was released which is why Kylo isn’t on it. His abilities were still unknown.

It was part of the Journey to Force Awakens.

Had a picture of Kylo in the background.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Indeed, but the movie hadn’t been released yet and his abilities were still unknown.

It’s also not up to date on TLJ and ROS.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Jan 18th, 2021 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:49 PM
xPRIMEx

The author even says “the 5 best in canon at the time the book was published”

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it would only pertain to the level Kylo was intended to be operating at when TFA was originally released.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
The author even says “the 5 best in canon at the time the book was published”

He was canon at the time though.

Look i dont buy into that list anyway. Im a Maul fan but Im not convinced Maul takes Dooku in Sabers just because of that list.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 09:30 PM