KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride

Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Yep, use a low showing for Prime to downplay him.

Prime has had 3 low showings in his post Crisis reintroduction.
1. Not killing Conner and Krypto
2. Losing to the Titans brand to the ending of Post Crisis and beginning of the New 52.
3. Losing to Shazam and Adam.

Know what, I take #3 back. This Shazam if he is still the same Shazam from JL, he was powered up by atelast Trans level being. This. Shazam if they are still the same defeated Yuga Khan of all people by himself.

So congrats.
The showing against Shazam and BA is dubious for reasons I have detailed in other threads.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 9th, 2021 07:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Superboy Prime unfortunately doesnt have as much luck with magic lightning sad

https://imgur.com/Vaf3X0S

The main point of this thread is less about who would win and instead highlighting what he would have to resort to in order to actually take her out.

The limits of a brick smile

Calling Superman a limited brick is beneath someone that has as much comic knowledge as you.

And that's a bad example, to be fair.

Originally posted by Booya_69
This. Didn’t prime go after his writers based in real life? He punches comic reality and goes after Stan lee himself back in the 60’s. He’s a ridiculous character like that.

Yup.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 9th, 2021 08:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's still stupid that he's punching lightning the way he did.

Not Kryptonians, though. Superman. Superman isn't an average Kryptonian. Superman (and his versions) is whatever DC wants him to be. Which means if he (or Prime or Earth 2 or whatever) wanted to, he'd just pull some vibration bullshit or freeze breath trick out of his hat and Kitty would be screwed.
This is a battle board, not DC. NONE of them gets to pull anything out of their hats here so that they are ALLOWED to win for the sake of a story. None of them have writers help here.

Old Post May 9th, 2021 08:54 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
This is a battle board, not DC. NONE of them gets to pull anything out of their hats here so that they are ALLOWED to win for the sake of a story. None of them have writers help here.

None of what you said is relevant to my post at all. Nor does it take in to account what I said 1-2 posts later.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 9th, 2021 09:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Calling Superman a limited brick is beneath someone that has as much comic knowledge as you.

And that's a bad example, to be fair.

Yup.

A lack of objectivity is what would be beneath me.

As it stands it doesnt matter if writers have a tendency for making Superboy do increasingly loony things. We cannot take that precedent and then enshrine him in a no limits fallacy. Thats not how it works here.

In the forum we discuss a hypothetical battle between characters considering canon established feats and powerset only whilst removing PIS as a factor. When he does a crazy feat, we discuss said crazy feat. We dont make him unlimited because of your opinion on how far writers are willing to go with him in future unpublished stories. That fallacy is something thats beneath you erm

Old Post May 10th, 2021 11:41 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by JBL

PREACH!

Old Post May 10th, 2021 11:42 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

But cold affect her right?
And freezing things is always done on an atomic level.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 10th, 2021 12:21 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
The showing against Shazam and BA is dubious for reasons I have detailed in other threads.

Like laughing off BA's lightning in Infinite Crisis, or Mordru's magic in Legion of Three Worlds.

When did that awful showing happen?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2021 01:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by cdtm
Like laughing off BA's lightning in Infinite Crisis, or Mordru's magic in Legion of Three Worlds.

it was his return from escaping wherever he was locked up in.

Seems like he was drained.

Old Post May 10th, 2021 01:37 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by cdtm

He also failed to mention that this Shazam is powered by the Old Gods themselves.

Old Post May 10th, 2021 02:26 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A lack of objectivity is what would be beneath me.

As it stands it doesnt matter if writers have a tendency for making Superboy do increasingly loony things. We cannot take that precedent and then enshrine him in a no limits fallacy. Thats not how it works here.

In the forum we discuss a hypothetical battle between characters considering canon established feats and powerset only whilst removing PIS as a factor. When he does a crazy feat, we discuss said crazy feat. We dont make him unlimited because of your opinion on how far writers are willing to go with him in future unpublished stories. That fallacy is something thats beneath you erm

I didn't say he's unlimited, though. I said DC has ****ed with the character(s) enough that trying to classify them is pointless. You're trying to shove a square peg in to a round hole.

You're the one that said limited brick, not me, remember?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 10th, 2021 02:36 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I didn't say he's unlimited, though. I said DC has ****ed with the character(s) enough that trying to classify them is pointless. You're trying to shove a square peg in to a round hole.

You're the one that said limited brick, not me, remember?

Regardless of the writers treatment of the character we still have canon, demonstrated feats and exploitable weaknesses to work with so writer lunacy is thankfully a non factor here.

Youve taken my comment about him being a brick completely out of context. In comparison to the kind of characters the more fanatical on here are asserting he's greater than, characters with energy, matter, chronal and reality manipulation at their disposal, SBP is a brick comparatively. There are no two ways about it smile

Old Post May 10th, 2021 03:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Regardless of the writers treatment of the character we still have canon, demonstrated feats and exploitable weaknesses to work with so writer lunacy is thankfully a non factor here.

Youve taken my comment about him being a brick completely out of context. In comparison to the kind of characters the more fanatical on here are asserting he's greater than, characters with energy, matter, chronal and reality manipulation at their disposal, SBP is a brick comparatively. There are no two ways about it smile

It's not a non-factor when it's been introduced in to the comics themselves. That's all I've been trying to say. DC has abandoned any pretense of Superman characters being tough, strong heralds. He's basically a joke character now.

Maybe your context should have been better, then.

But yes, people tend to ignore the more abstract characters when talking about power because threads containing them tend to be pointless.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 10th, 2021 03:30 PM
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 01:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

So GS was just salty people were voting against his preferred characters.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 05:04 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Delta1938
So GS was just salty people were voting against his preferred characters.
his arguments got thoroughly dismantled. Instead of admitting defeat or even argue in good faith he decided to flee. Never did answer who wins this thread. Hmmm wonder why.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 07:17 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote