KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Crimson Reign (comic series)

Crimson Reign (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Note as well that the KOR are being asked to kill Palpatine, who is their master. Lots of potential betrayals being set up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 1st, 2021 08:12 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Very true, but that's also assuming the KOR were already in Sidious's back pocket at this point.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2021 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

We could also see how the KOR ultimately came to serve Palpatine in this comic.

Altogether, there's just a ton to look forward to in Crimson Reign. Might be the most excited I've been for a Star Wars comic run in a while.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2021 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Recent solicit for CR #2 states that Oochi is "Force blinded"... Which makes me wonder if Qi'ra is indeed using some sort of Sith relic to control his mind.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2021 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

So I thought issue #1 was coming out tomorrow but I guess they moved it back to December 8th…

Old Post Nov 30th, 2021 04:27 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, the first issue is supposed to be released next Wednesday.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 1st, 2021 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2021 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Looks like we might be getting a Knights of Ren vs Vader fight

Old Post Dec 8th, 2021 05:35 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There were a lot of interesting tidbits in the first issue.

From the canonization of Prince Xizor, to the revelation that Qi'ra learned quite a bit from Maul in matters related to the Force and is using the Archivist to extensively explore the ways of the Jedi/Sith(in the hopes of using said knowledge against Vader and Palpatine), to Yoda perhaps playing some kind of role in this, to the Knights of Ren potentially facing off against Vader, etc.

This event should be fun. thumb up

Old Post Dec 10th, 2021 02:53 AM
Bedabing
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Also looks like Tie defenders in the center background. Awesome.

And the promo quote says we can look forward to "epic feats of the Force". Wonder wtf they have in store there?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Bedabing a Private Message Find more posts by Bedabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I liked Archivist/Dagobah scene:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

This issue also confirmed that the Empire only destroyed "one of" Yoda's lightsabers(back in Soule's Vader series):
(please log in to view the image)

Which tidies up Luke possessing Yoda's saber in BoBF.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 05:18 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Who is this purple haired girl?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Archivist before her appearance was altered.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 09:45 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

ah ok sorry i dont know her

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

The Archivist (Madelin Sun) is a pretty new character made for the Crimson Reign series of comics. She's a minor Force sensitive who Qi'ra hired to track down a surviving Jedi to use against the Emperor.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Ah ok thanks. Do we already know that surviving Jedi is?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2022 01:19 PM
Underachiever59

She was searching for Yoda. Qi'ra realized Yoda must be alive still, since the Empire never officially announced the Grand Master's death. The only reason the Empire would hesitate to declare Yoda was dead would be if Palpatine was worried Yoda would resurface some day.

The Archivist actually found Dagobah, and knew Yoda was there. But her experience in the cave made her decide it wouldn't be right to actually tell either the Emperor or Qi'ra where Yoda was.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2022 07:35 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Underachiever59

The Archivist actually found Dagobah, and knew Yoda was there. But her experience in the cave made her decide it wouldn't be right to actually tell either the Emperor or Qi'ra where Yoda was.

......What? Sorry, but that has to be the dumbest reason ever.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2022 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Zenwolf
......What? Sorry, but that has to be the dumbest reason ever.

I... Didn't tell you the "reason" she decided it wouldn't be right. Just that it wouldn't be right. You're really misinterpreting what I said. Luke decided it wouldn't be right to kill his dad. That doesn't mean Luke's reason to not kill his dad was "it wouldn't be right."

Crimson Reign #3 is a character study (as is every chapter of Crimson Reign so far, and most work Charles Soule has written in general). To give you the reason the Archivist made the choices she did would basically require me to explain the entire comic issue page by page to you. So I summarized. Suffice to say, her experience in the cave on Dagobah gave her a drastically altered outlook on life, philosophy, and the Force. And this altered outlook made her realize handing Yoda over to an Empire she knows to be controlled by a Sith would be the wrong decision. As would handing Yoda over to Qi'ra, who is trying to build a galaxy-wide criminal empire. Hence, "it wouldn't be right to hand Yoda over to Qi'ra or the Empire."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 04:30 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Implying Yoda would allow to be “handed” to someone like some defenseless elder

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 11:51 AM
Underachiever59

You really don't think the Empire could take Yoda if they were given his location? He's powerful, sure, but you know the moment the Empire learns his location, they're sending a whole fleet to bombard his location, then sending Vader down to finish off whatever's left. It's not like the Archivist would have to physically take Yoda to Qi'ra or the Empire. All she would need to do is give a location, which she had.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2022 02:18 AM