KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JSA vs Defenders

JSA vs Defenders
Started by: beatboks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Alan is gay, Hellstrom's bare chest is more enough to distract him and that'd get him killed.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 10:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think beatboks needs to take pics of him acting the fight out

Old Post May 24th, 2022 10:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
So when you played out the Hellstrom vs Alan fight in your head a million times, those are the showings that made you think it was a close fight?

Know, his showings vs continental level TPers like mindstar and other hell lord level characters are, I was getting ready for work and school run when I posted and only had time to skim a respect thread which only had a very few psionic showings in it, not look for the feats. I assumed if I had just mentioned feats without support they would be ignored.

For the record I don't believe it's a close fight, I said a hard fight. I think Helstrom has the ability to take some wins (I even specifically said not a majority) and the ability to occupy Alan until others of the defenders have dealt with the JSAer they have squared off against.

He can do this due to his durability and healing and being able to take punishment long enough for his soul manip to have a significant enough affect to undermine Alan's will. Or enough effect for Alan to loose control of the starheart making himba danger and adversary to his own team. His ability to damage soak and heal from it means Alan can pile on for quite a while and not finish Daimon. Add to that the shields he can create as well, teleport and time manip to avoid attacks, mystical senses to anticipate said attacks. If that takes long enough for Daimon to affect his will and undermine his power is where the question is. In my head he can do so 4 to 4.5 out of 10

Obsidian has soul manip feats on the same level as Daimon outside his battles with his father and has done as much to affect his father. Eclipso does also. It's the same ballpark as others who've taken wins from Alan bia this method.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 03:39 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Honestly that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 25th, 2022 04:00 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by beatboks
Know, his showings vs continental level TPers like mindstar and other hell lord level characters are, I was getting ready for work and school run when I posted and only had time to skim a respect thread which only had a very few psionic showings in it, not look for the feats. I assumed if I had just mentioned feats without support they would be ignored.

For the record I don't believe it's a close fight, I said a hard fight. I think Helstrom has the ability to take some wins (I even specifically said not a majority) and the ability to occupy Alan until others of the defenders have dealt with the JSAer they have squared off against.

He can do this due to his durability and healing and being able to take punishment long enough for his soul manip to have a significant enough affect to undermine Alan's will. Or enough effect for Alan to loose control of the starheart making himba danger and adversary to his own team. His ability to damage soak and heal from it means Alan can pile on for quite a while and not finish Daimon. Add to that the shields he can create as well, teleport and time manip to avoid attacks, mystical senses to anticipate said attacks. If that takes long enough for Daimon to affect his will and undermine his power is where the question is. In my head he can do so 4 to 4.5 out of 10

Obsidian has soul manip feats on the same level as Daimon outside his battles with his father and has done as much to affect his father. Eclipso does also. It's the same ballpark as others who've taken wins from Alan bia this method.

laughing out loud

Obsidian shits on Hellstrom and a serious Alan literally oneshots him twice (first in JSA 10 and then in Princes of Darkness) when he was controlling entire Earth. Forget about Eclipso.

Again, your make believe fanfiction doesn't work when Hellstrom simply doesn't has feats to contend with.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 05:55 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Honestly that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Not really. Hellstrom isn't even a herald level character, never has been.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 05:56 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also, Obsidian is, you know, his son.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 06:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
Not really. Hellstrom isn't even a herald level character, never has been.

He said that Alan was stronger and would take the majority. He just said that Daimon had a powerset that could grant him some wins due to Alan's psychology.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 25th, 2022 11:55 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote