KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DING DONG The DCEU is DEAD

DING DONG The DCEU is DEAD
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Nah think hes just going for his first year as Superman like with Matt Reeves The Batman.

Could also have just been a justification as to why theyre not using Cavill.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 12:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Apparently Cavill is going into doing a live action Warhammer.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 12:57 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. Certainly didnt take long for him to find something else, but figured he would.

Guess the question now is what be next for Dwayne, since he and Henry apparently have the same agent which was how he was able to get him back as Superman before WB pulled the plug again.

His short-lived career as Black Adam is kinda unfortunate after how much he hyped it, but with the bland writing the film had, it wasnt gonna do all that well anyway.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 01:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ BA flopping might have been the last straw for WB before giving Gunn the green light for a full on reboot.

But yeah both actors will be fine. I wouldnt worry for them. Technically Cavill is still the Witcher too as hes playing him for Season 3. If he really wants im sure he could stay on for S4, but as you already pointed out he probably doesnt want that.

DC fans however would generally like something better than this DCEU. And the current version clearly isnt attracting a wider audience either.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 01:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I bet Rock Johnson is crying in a corner now that his chances for Black Adam 2 are dead.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 02:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Apparently Cavill is going into doing a live action Warhammer.

Word is Amazon is buying a ****ton of rights to make Warhammer stuff, and Cavill has already confirmed he's executive producer on at least one show/movie. **** it, why not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 03:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Word is Amazon is buying a ****ton of rights to make Warhammer stuff, and Cavill has already confirmed he's executive producer on at least one show/movie. **** it, why not.
God Emperor of Man?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 04:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
God Emperor of Man?

Could be. We won't know just yet. A lot of people want him to be Ciaphas Cain, but as the man himself is a massive Warhammer fan, I can't blame him if he decides he wants to play the Emperor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 05:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Could be. We won't know just yet. A lot of people want him to be Ciaphas Cain, but as the man himself is a massive Warhammer fan, I can't blame him if he decides he wants to play the Emperor.
thumb up I do like Henry.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 06:39 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Amazon's record on adaptations is pretty bad. But the fact that Cavill is a big fan and is an EP of the show gives me hope.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 06:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

He was a fan of The Witcher too. Netflix didn't give a shit. Amazon will be even less inclined to.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 07:30 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I really want a proper WH40K show.

Caville would also make a great Ultramarine.

For those of you for have hardons for Caville's good looks, imagine a 7.5 foot ultra-massively muscled Caville in power armor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 16th, 2022 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 08:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He was a fan of The Witcher too. Netflix didn't give a shit. Amazon will be even less inclined to.

Sure. But like I said, he's apparently an executive producer on this. Which should give him some level of control. But maybe I'm just lying to myself.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 08:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Since Amazon secured the rights to all WH40K film, TV and video games, means they have the guy who created this gem under their employ as well. They'd be stupid not to use him.

Here's the same video with audio explanation, for the uninitiated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrmJqY788Fc

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 09:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Such a shame. I would have loved to see a Man of Steel 2, a Wonder Woman 3, a Batman with Ben Affleck, Andy Serkis, and J.K. Simmons, an Aquaman franchise (especially now with Namor being in the MCU), and a continuance of the Shazam/Black Adam franchise (which were both amazing films). Can't say that I will miss Peacemaker but I will miss Harley Quinn, Bloodsport, Waller, and the possibilities they had with the Suicide Squad.

IDK what's going to be next. I hope this doesn't effect the HBO MAX shows, because those are awesome..I hear they're recasting Cavill into some future role, possibly Ben Affleck as well, and I heard rumors of Jason Momoa being Lobo which is probably the best thing to come out of this although I will still miss his Aquaman (which was definitely a great movie on par with the first Thor film). I guess I'm just angry about Cavill. They brought him back just to fire him? WTF??? Oh well. We got a DC Cinematic Tabula Rasa so let's see where this goes. While the writing was all over the place, I loved the DCEU and I will sincerely miss it

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Dec 17th, 2022 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2022 01:03 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Masochist through and through, I see.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2022 10:36 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

IF what I read is true, then I understand why Cavill was fired.. also Momoa is done but he returns as Lobo

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 18th, 2022 10:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Might as well start the hypotheticals.

Pick your actors for the new versions of the DCEU bunch plus any additional DC characters and villains.
I think I've really only got big names tbh.

I've personally always wanted Jon Hamm as Batman. He'd have to put on some muscle and be de-aged a bit. Dude has the perfect voice/presence though, and he could pull off the billionaire playboy thing without issue.

I wouldn't mind Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Barry Allen (he'd have to be de-aged a bit too). He's blonde (more dirty blonde) like Barry and has the jaw to fill out the mask, is a great actor, and would shake the skinny jokester idiot speedster stereotype Wally popularized (I'm still not over what X-men did to Quicksilver). Barry doesn't act like that. Make Barry respectable, whoever he is.

Not sure where to go with Supes after Cavill.

If the rumors of them wanting a younger Supes is true, idk. I'd assume that applies to most of the JL then. All of my JL fancastings are older.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 18th, 2022 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2022 11:16 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Probably going for a New 52 with the JL members all being fairly new to the Superhero biz.

I assume the Justice League Batman wont have Solo films because of Pattinson.

Im also guessing they wont be bringing in a rebooted Shazam to the team anytime soon. So this reboot is already starting with issues.

But at least we get a new Flash.

Anyway Im guessing theyll start this with Blue Beetle next year. But theyll have to make sure it’s clear hes not DCEU.

Im also guessing Green Lantern will play a major part this time around.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2022 12:28 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Rock confirms himself he's out as Black Adam

LOL

https://www.cbcyt.com/home/2022/12/...kNzm9aj8YyF339A

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 20th, 2022 10:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote