KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Venom

Venom
Started by: TedO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

wow, anymore news on the venom movie? this is the first time i heard of the possiblity that he's going to have one.

no way! carnage is not the son of venom, not really. eddie accidently got the symbiote on him after spidey got rid of it. then eddie became venom. than when he was in jail again and broke out, he left a blot of the symbiote behind on the broken wall. then it got on his inmate, Cassidy *whatever his first name is* and later he became Carnage. so, they aren't related the people, but their suits are in a way. but i don't think of them as father and son. i'm not sure how often they gang up to do crime together in the comics, but they do in spider-man unlimited. so they are more like friends then family.

i kind of agree with tedo. spidey isn't smart all the time. sometimes he acts before he thinks in a way. venom may not seem too bright because of the symbiote is messing with his mind. consuming his thoughts and actions, getting too attached. that's why peter got rid of the thing. but the comics with spidey wearing the suit are my faves!

if the movie decided to make more spider-man spin off for villans and such, it would get too crowded and overplayed. but the idea sounds cool all the same, go venom!

(please log in to view the image)

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:57 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

You are partially right about ur commentsa on Venom/Carnage(Kletus Cassidy) while ur accurate as what happened when they were in jail they are far from friends, they hate each other and the reason is that Venom thinks that Carnage shouldnt have happened, it was a mistake and true theyve teamed in the past but they hate each others guts and the reason Carnage is more vicious is that Venoms; symbiote only got attached to Spidey and Eddie Brock, both reporters, Cassidy was a murderer already and with the symbiote he became more dangerous as senn in Maximum Carnage storyline!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 01:05 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

I think they should make the Maximum Carnage storyline a movie (or a few movies to do it justice). It was one of my favourite storylines in comics.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 12:58 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

in the comics, i haven't got to venom and carnage yet. what year/issues do they come in?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 11:27 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

This happened a while ago. in 1994-1993 about.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 03:51 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Yeah, it was a long time ago. The Maximum Carnage series was done through the entire Spider Man titles (dunno how many there were at the time) in, like, 30 parts. Maybe more, maybe less, just a random guess stick out tongue. It rocked

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 01:56 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman5452

I love Vemon. and yeah and spiderman was supost to make his webbslinger not just "poof" there it is. ha ha ha i just reminded myself of "Woomp there it is"

Buildings burn, People die, but real love is forever.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 02:07 AM
Superman5452 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman5452 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman5452 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spideyfan

Warning venommovie.com/.net/.org for sale! make me an offer!

trust me guys this is definately worth taking a minute out of your lives to look at!

killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=415692#post415692

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 05:43 PM
spideyfan is currently offline Click here to Send spideyfan a Private Message Find more posts by spideyfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

although venom is a bad ass villian he'd be bunk wihout spiderman even his solo comics died

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 10:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruoris

All right, I've come to settle this here and now. There will not be a Venom movie, at least not for a few years. Someone came up with the idea and it was shot down by one of the execs at WB. Venom and Carnage will make their appearance in Spider-Man 3, and possibly after that time there may be a movie of their own. Every thing hitting the web right now is nothing but exaggerated rumors.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 09:18 PM
cruoris is currently offline Click here to Send cruoris a Private Message Find more posts by cruoris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eidolon

Thanks Cruoris I was going to say what you just said more or less. A Venom movie has only been thought about and one script written but shot down. The guy who did the movie Blade supposedly wanted to do a Venom movie sometime after Blade (and before Spidy movie was even thought up). He had planned on making a Venom movie without having Spidy involved at all, and make Venom in a hero. And then there have been speculation to a Venom movie with the comic hero movie boom, but if there is one it won't be for at least a couple of years.

For the record I'd just like to say I'd love a Venom movie (if done right of course) but it'd only be logically for it to come after an apperance in a Spidy movie. Also for the record Spidy may have won in the first fights he and Venom had, but just barely and in the latest fights they've had Venom kicked Spidy's butt.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:54 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

SM3 would have to use the cartoon's reasoning for Spidey to get the new costume. The comic version would be much too difficult to describe in 1 episode. I am completely of the belief that Venom should be added to the SM series because he's crucial to it. The movie would be difficult to write because they would have to describe how Spidey got it, then show how it tried to bond with him and how it drove him somewhat insane. Then it needs to show him lose it and eventually to have it go to Eddie Brock. I think that they do some foreshaddowing for a future venom in Spiderman one when they mention him (eddie brock) in the Daily Bugle, but introducing the character would be very difficult.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:24 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

trust me if you stuck venom and spiderman in a box venom whould kill him,spidey is coll but he runs away from venom,the clone whent head on against venom and almost died in the same issue,venom gutted him and then the chick symbiote scream got involved(boo)but the movie would rock non theless venom should fight spdiey and the other bad guys from the first,if there still alive..

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:53 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Peter still got the science award, I'm sure that he's very smart, they just didn't portray him as a clark kent-ish nerd boy. And they did do a little foreshadowing on Spiderman when Peter goes to get a job at the Daily Bugle. That one guy tell J. Jameison that Eddie's been trying to get pictures for weeks. In the comics Spidey had to run off to the Secret Wars to pick up his new costume so i don't think they are going so far as to introduce the whole marvel universe (earthly) just to get Venom involved. It would probably be a script similar to the cartoon so that it could fit into 1 movie. And Carnage would be the best movie because it would have the best 2 characters in it (venom and carnage.)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 03:59 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

Movies are gonna be limited, life span of a title doesn't last much.

I agree with the recent comments.

If they're gonna have Carnage, might as well do it like the cartoon, and yes, comic book method of acquiring the symbiote was another big saga, so need to get into that.

If a Venom movie is going to come out, Venom has to show up in the Spider Man movie first. Really, not many know who the hell Venom is. Maybe somewhere along the movie, maybe close to the end, Venom helps Spidey stop Carnage, thus making him a "good guy", and perhaps good enough for a movie of his own.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 10:01 AM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

you don't have to be a good guy to get your own movie. Look at such "great" (begins laughing) titles as Escape from LA and the new Vin Diesel movie "The Chronicles of Riddick" I would love to go and see a movie where the bad guy wins.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 03:34 PM
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
you don't have to be a good guy to get your own movie. Look at such "great" (begins laughing) titles as Escape from LA and the new Vin Diesel movie "The Chronicles of Riddick" I would love to go and see a movie where the bad guy wins.

Yeah, but the movie makers are probably going to target teens, and more on children. So they'll probably make him a hero if they want him to have his solo movies.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 08:29 PM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

True, but i think that introducing him as a bad guy in the Spidey movies would work fine. Then they could spin off as a good just like they did with his own comics. I just don't know how they would end the Spidey movie so that Venom seems less like a baddie.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 09:17 PM
Marcellus
executioner

well he is a good guy,kinda but still kills whoever he see's fit. but i think eddie brock is dead(which blows a big one). cuase he aint in run or shiver,just the symbiote

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 05:57 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

ok never mind he aint dead, the symbiote is in alaska and Brock is on the run..

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 07:56 AM