KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Comic Books

X-Men Comic Books
Started by: Harry X Freak64

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metroplex

The Onslaught story wasn't bad at first. I really liked the idea that Xavier was the traitor of the X-men and Onslaught would have killed all of them if Bishop didnt absord the blast. The story just got crapier as Onslught got stronger. He should be invincible when he abosrbed Nate Grey's power and Franklin. I really hated the conclusion. But they re made all the super heroes titles that scarificed themselves to stop Onslaught. I really like Jim Lee doing the Heroes reborn of Fantastic Four.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 11:44 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

I believe it was revealed that Wolverine was Apocalypse's new Death horseman in X-Men#96. Here's what issues comprise the Apocalypse: The Tweleve story:

Cable (2nd series) #75-76, Uncanny X-Men #376-377, Wolverine (2nd series) #146-147, X-Man #59-60, X-Men (2nd series) #96-97

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 12:23 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Shocked DAMN YOU Gambit!

ARGHHHH!!!!!

I read the other day that Gambit helped invent the Marauders who impaled Angels wings in the mutant massacre (tricked by sinister)! Angel said something like "you have stood by me all these years, proud to be an X-man when you knew everyday that I almost commited suicide!" (something along those lines.) That led Angel to become the Horseman of Death, quit the X-men (he rejoined), be pychologically imbalanced and on the verge of suicide for years! When he found that out he supposedly had a massive beat down on Gambit, and led him (gambit) to quit the X-men for about 14 issues. Of course, fans were shocked.. mad

Attachment: angel3.gif
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 07:25 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Even though im way late, i bought Origin 1- 6 for $20 on ebay, all first print and bagged!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 12:32 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
timmy manhole

Anyone read the wolverine comics? theres only like two shops in ireland that sell them which is kinda annoying.but i recommend them. Ye have already probably discussed them but i didnt read yer past conversations....i'll shut up now. dont hate my because i'm beautiful...oh crap i'm actually hideous...i'm a screw up in life

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 12:39 AM
timmy manhole is currently offline Click here to Send timmy manhole a Private Message Find more posts by timmy manhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Actually, not really. Do you mean after the relaunch? its pretty good now though, better than its been for years...

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 01:32 AM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Did any of you ever read the Phalanx covenant??? Its pretty good and it led to the creation of Generation X.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 01:36 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Yeah it was pretty nice.....smile
Do you guys like Ian Churchill, hes a pretty good artist.

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 01:40 AM
Paola
Ronin

I'm just downloading "Origin" and I saw #4 (saw, not read) and here it was this red haired woman "Rose?" who looked just like Jean..... who is she??

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 08:38 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

She was the maid of James Howlett aka Wolverine.

Ill explain the origin of Wolverine. Wolverine is actually called James Howlett. He is very rich kid and has some slaves to do his father's dirty work. One of these slaves is called Logan (he looks a lot like Wolverine in the X-men) Logan also has a son called Dog. Dog really likes Rose but can't seem to get her. One day James and Dog get into a fight and Dog kills James' dog. For punishment, James' father kicks out Logan and Dog and they are fired. For revenge, Dog and Logan go and kill the Howlett family. When James sees his dead father, his powers manifest and his bone claws comes out. He kills Logan and cuts Dog's face. James' mother disowns him and both Rose and James leave to escape the nightmare. James' grandfather helps them and he is really pissed and disgusted with James.

Both Rose and JAmes goes to a mining town. Rose change James' name to Logan to disguise their true identity. They start a new life and James/Logan forgot about his past(literally). At first James/Logan was a shit little weakling but as he worked in the mines, he got stronger. He becomes savage and sometimes he goes and hunts with wolves. The two meet a guy called Smithy. He is James/Logan's idol and he constantly uses the term "bub" is Wolverine uses now. Smithy becomes a teacher of James/Logan and they become close freinds. Rose and Smithy fall in love and James/Logan becomes jealous. He always thought that Rose would always be with her. Smithy and Rose plan to leave the mine town and to leave James/Logan by himself. To get the money to leave, Smithy enters a fight contest and Logan enters too and beats the crap out of Smithy. But he wanted Rose and Smithy to be happy so he let Smithy win and he gets the prize money.

During the two's stay at the town, James/Logan's grandfather sends Dog to go and find the two since he realized that he made a horrible mistake in letting them go. Dog manages to track down the two right during the fight contest. After the contest is over, Dog he makes James/Logan remeber about his past and they both fight. Dog loses after Logna remebers his past. James/logan is pissed and he takes out his claws and is about to kll Dog. Ironically, Rose somehow comes and is stabbed by James/Logan. James/Logan gets so scared that he runs into to wilderness and lives as the leader of a pack of wolves.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:18 PM
Metroplex

quote:
Originally posted by MaverickIce
Yeah it was pretty nice.....smile
Do you guys like Ian Churchill, hes a pretty good artist.

Ian Churchill is an amazing artist. i really like his art. Looks a bit like Jim Lee's art. But its really cool.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:23 PM
timmy manhole

I think that i'll stick to the matrix and spiderman forums,at least i know something about them. You people are scarey!!!!!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 05:28 PM
timmy manhole is currently offline Click here to Send timmy manhole a Private Message Find more posts by timmy manhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Connor McLeod
627 Imortal Kills

"I am imortal, I have inside me blood of kings. I have no rival, no man can be my equal." -Queen

"I want to be a missionary, you know, go around the world killing people for money..."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 08:41 PM
Connor McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Connor McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Connor McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

laughing out loud you guys started a petition? cool i give it a try

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:43 PM
Darth Vicious

Metro do u think that "Dog" from the Origin mini series s Sabretooth? i think it is! and Tommy about ur comment about us being scary, i dont think that just because we know about comic books and u dont i dont think that makes us scary, its like they say in X-men, u fear what u dont understand1

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 01:51 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

But why the hell does James Howlett looks so much like this Logan who worked for his father???
confused blink confused blink confused blink

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 07:22 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
timmy manhole

screw u darth vicious, i actually collect the comic books i know all about the damn x-men, but ye talk as though they are all that matter in a wolrd gone mad

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:51 PM
timmy manhole

And my name is not tommy!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:52 PM
Kes
Philie

Hey cool it!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 06:13 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

Wolverine (James Howlett) looks like Logan because it is suspected that Wolverine's mother had an affair with Logan, and Wolverine was the result.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:45 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote