I don't know who would win, I guess it depends where they are fighting - isn't Nightmare supposed to be all powerful in his own dimension, a bit like Mephisto ? But isn't Dormammu supposed to be smarter ?
Anyway, did anybody read the comic in which Strange loses all his magic powers in the dimension of Nightmare, and still wins ? That was a classic fight.
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
^he has faced people like shuma gorath,zom,set,chthon,trinity of ashes and etc.
Shuma Gorath - Yes. Along with Dormammu and Nightmare.
Zom - No. More powerful sure.
Set - ? How many times has he fought Set? Not is greatest enemy and not more powerful than Dormammu.
Chthon - see Set.
Trinity of Ashes - What? I'm pretty sure he's NEVER fought any of them.
Dormammu beats Nightmare for a good majority. Nightmare has had some really low showings. The only thing Nightmare did was trap Eternity when he slept where as Dormammu fought him and knock himself and Eternity out for some months. On average the Dread One has better showings over the Fear Lord.