Who would win in a game of chess: Xavier or Mr. Fantastic

Started by FistOfThe North2 pages

Who would win in a game of chess: Xavier or Mr. Fantastic

Who would win in a game of chess: Xavier or Mr. Fantastic

Xavier....hes just read Mr. F's thoughts and see what he wants to do....

i agree

but in pure intelligence, reed is much much smarter.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
but in pure intelligence, reed is much much smarter.

yeah Reed a Super genius
Xaviers a regular genius

Originally posted by leonheartmm
but in pure intelligence, reed is much much smarter.

True, but telepathy is a b*tch.

The smartest in Marvel are Richards, Starks, Doom, Pym, Banner, Thanos, and Essex (Sinister).

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
True, but telepathy is a b*tch.

The smartest in Marvel are Richards, Starks, Doom, Pym, Banner, Thanos, and Essex (Sinister).

and the High Evolutionary...are of which are Super geniuses

Originally posted by Mainstream
and the High Evolutionary...are of which are Super geniuses

Fergawt him. 😮

Also Magneto is on a high level of intelligence, and you're forgetting about Tyberius Stone, Graviton was also a quite intelligent villain, also the members of the Ynsen Cult, and the Mad Thinker.

Originally posted by gautam
Xavier....hes just read Mr. F's thoughts and see what he wants to do....

Yeah, but do you think Xavier would stoop that low to cheat like that. No. It's not in his character. Xavier is a man of honor and I don't think he'll look into your mind in a game of chess to see what your gonna do next. He's not a prankster. He'll take on the challenge cause he's a genius to.

Xavier is a great chess player and he defeated Forge in it despite the mental damper Forge installed that was driving him crazy during the game. Sure Mr. Fantastic is a genius, but he's definitely not knowledgeable in all fields (i.e. some biomedical related, etc.). I'm not sure how his chess playing capabilities are, so I'm undecided.

We also forgot Rebel O'Reilly, Bruce Banner, the Leader, Blondsky(aka Abomination), Hank McCoy who is on par with Forge

T'Challa...

Question: Can't Xavier psionically gain the knowledge he desires from the professors and make it his own in the same way he telepathically teaches some of his courses? If so, he'd be able to learn and apply just about every field of study until he maxed out his capacity or became mentally unstable.

Originally posted by illadelph12
T'Challa...

Question: Can't Xavier psionically gain the knowledge he desires from the professors and make it his own in the same way he telepathically teaches some of his courses? If so, he'd be able to learn and apply just about every field of study until he maxed out his capacity or became mentally unstable.

yep. telepaths do it all the time. Jean learned how to put a human body together in seconds, I'm sure Xavier can pick up just about all the nuances and intricacies of chess by poking through the minds of chess masters.

couldn't he like read all of the super genius' minds and know all they know?

If that was the case, then every telepath would be a genius.

If Xavier was to use his telepathy, then it definitely wouldn't be a contest. I can see him making Reed choose the wrong moves or maybe make the pieces come alive, so it would make it look like they're playing battle chess.

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
True, but telepathy is a b*tch.

The smartest in Marvel are Richards, Starks, Doom, Pym, Banner, Thanos, and Essex (Sinister).

Apocalypse, Magneto. I remember when there was chart (you know the chart, energy protecton, intelligence, strenght) in Marvel for many beings in Marvel Universe, under inteligence, Apocalypse, Reed and Onslaught had highest intelligence (Earth). Even Doom didn't have so much, little bellow this three. Bellow Doom was Magneto and bellow Magneto was Xavier and bellow Xavier was Beast and Essex.

Yeah Black Panther is an insane strategist.
Genius level

I say Reeds because he is after all the smartest man in Marvel..Do you think he'll come into this Chess match unprepared? How stupid do you think he's? What. As stupid as you guys are or something? Don't you know that he knows what Xavier is mentally capable of? He'll make a helmet similar to Juggs or Magneto and play him....And c'mon if Juggs figured it out Reed can't? LOL sometimes I laugh at the critical thinking of lower people in here...

X loses..

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I say Reeds because he is after all the smartest man in Marvel..Do you think he'll come into this Chess match unprepared? How stupid do you think he's? What. As stupid as you guys are or something? Don't you know that he knows what Xavier is mentally capable of? He'll make a helmet similar to Juggs or Magneto and play him....And c'mon if Juggs figured it out Reed can't? LOL sometimes I laugh at the critical thinking of lower people in here...

X loses..

Juggs did not make his helmet psychic-proof himself by technology or something, it was that way from the start. Magick. Cyttoraks to be exact.

As for the game... I have no idea. Does being a genious make u a good stragetist and chess-player? I haven't seen comics referencing reeds playing chess so I don't know if he even can play. Reed is a genious but sometimes thet means ur not good at other things and ur mind is scattered (I seen to rememer him having trouble fixing a toaster, but so did forge...). But if they were to play they would both play fair.
If I had guess I'd go with prof, 'cus we know he's an eccelent player.