The Asgardian Destroyer vs. Thor, Silver Surfer, Hercules

Started by Betageuze1 pages

The Asgardian Destroyer vs. Thor, Silver Surfer, Hercules

not many individual can survive against this awesome trio

I dont know much about the Destroyer, but im assuming he's close to Skyfather level from what ive seen so i give it to Thor's team.

He varies in power, but at his lowest showings he stomped Thor pretty easily.

The Asgardian Destroyer easily

Thor hammer = useless
SS powercosmic = useless
Hercules = useless

they might contain him , or try to win via different means

such as Time travel etc but they aint beating him in a fight.

I cant see him defeating all three of them. The power cosmic and Moljnir's energies will surely overpower him. 😄

Intelligence: Variable; the Destroyer possesses the intelligence of the sentient being whose life-force animates it, plus its own "programmed" intelligence; however, only Odin, Thor, and Loki have ever forced the Destroyer to obey their will while animating it.
Strength: Incalculable (12/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Flight Speed: possibly Escape Velocity
Stamina: Immeasurable (10/10)
Durability: Godlike (13/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Supremely skilled in combat using its specialized powers
Special Skills/Abilities: None
Superhuman physical powers: Aside from the above listed attributes, the Destroyer has the ability to project immensely powerful bolts of energy, magnetism, heat, and concussive force; molecular transmutation of matter; disintegrate beam capable of destroying virtually anthing

its depends on who is animating him

When I read Thor's first battle with the Destroyer (Golden Age story), I was amazed cuz it was the first time I ever saw Mjolner get damaged. And the Destroyer did it with a beam of limitless (yes, "limitless"😉 force. By definition, nothing stands up to that: not Uru, not adamantium, not Superman, not Silver Surfer, not Galactus, not Doomsday, on and on and on. No doubt, stories with the Destroyer have since been inconsistent regarding his power, but I remember thinking at the time: "That's it--ain't nobody more powerful than the Destroyer."

Originally posted by Mindship
not Superman, not Silver Surfer, not Galactus, not Doomsday, on and on and on.

Celestials didn't seem to care much 😛

Ahem.....yes, i'm siding with the destroyer in this fight.

~wickerman~

destroyer...

Originally posted by Mindship
When I read Thor's first battle with the Destroyer (Golden Age story), I was amazed cuz it was the first time I ever saw Mjolner get damaged. And the Destroyer did it with a beam of limitless (yes, "limitless"😉 force. By definition, nothing stands up to that: not Uru, not adamantium, not Superman, not Silver Surfer, not Galactus, not Doomsday, on and on and on. No doubt, stories with the Destroyer have since been inconsistent regarding his power, but I remember thinking at the time: "That's it--ain't nobody more powerful than the Destroyer."
If you've read any Superman comics since OWAW was about to take off, they started calling Superman or any one of his powers literally "Limitless" at least once a month, most recent I can think of is BURN!!!!, or perhaps SACRIFICE, or perhaps both, and the issue before and after those... Heh.

Originally posted by Wickerman
Celestials didn't seem to care much 😛

Ahem.....yes, i'm siding with the destroyer in this fight.

~wickerman~

Thing is, in that battle when all the asgardians were in him he was ganged by at least 7 celestials, I reckon he might be able to take 1 celestial in that form.

Important to note also in his list of abilities is that it is Asgardian myth/legend/warning that if Destroyer opens his Faceplate, the world would end. In the 'Heroes Return' storyline for Thor, Thor literally is killed when the Destroyer partially opens the faceplate. This is just a partial opening too, like a small glimpse. Only reason Thor came back to life was Loki forced Hela to return Thor's spirit to his body. Keep in mind also, that the guy inside was some human schmuck who was eventually coerced out of the armor and not some warrior-born or super-villain.

I think anybody in that armor would kill Hercules outright with the strength alone and throw down with Thor and Surfer and eventually take them out too. I'm surprised Destroyer fared so poorly against the Celestials. Who was controlling it? An experienced Asgardian who understood the breadth of its capabilities or some schmuck?

"Celestials are total enigmas, whose physical powers my be equal or superior to the most powerful physical beings in the known universe"

Originally posted by Maestro
Thing is, in that battle when all the asgardians were in him he was ganged by at least 7 celestials, I reckon he might be able to take 1 celestial in that form.

I doubt that

Originally posted by kgkg
I doubt that

Well he did have every asgardian including odin and the odin sword as well.

"If you've read any Superman comics since OWAW was about to take off, they started calling Superman or any one of his powers literally "Limitless" at least once a month, most recent I can think of is BURN!!!!, or perhaps SACRIFICE, or perhaps both, and the issue before and after those... Heh"

The same Superman that so far going "all out" three times didnt pulled a single win?

And Destroyer wins, they dont have what it takes to do much damage.

I have Destroyer's first App and in it, it seems like nothing no-one ever could beat a fully powered Destroyer.

I must be out of the loop, cuz the Destroyer I'm thinking about would waste this team.

Indeed. Hes a beast. At least in most of his apearances.

"Celestials are total enigmas, whose physical powers my be equal or superior to the most powerful physical beings in the known universe." Is what it says in a offical Handbook of Marvel Universe