Battle of the Apes

Started by NoFate0071 pages

Battle of the Apes

I think its kind of stupid that there are tons of ape-like characters in these comic books, but hey, who could win?

This includes Ultra-Humanite, Gorilla Grodd, Detective Chimp, uh...I think I heard of one once called Brain Ape or something...you know, if you know any of these ape characters, throw them in the mix too?

Who is the king of the ape-comic people?

Well theres Monseiur Mallalah , out of all of them the one who would win is Grodd

Surrender Monkey:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/eurotrash.htm#monkey

Haha...my god..what is the fascination with apes in comic books?

is Tanaraq Sasquatch included?

Originally posted by NoFate007
Haha...my god..what is the fascination with apes in comic books?

There's actually a funny story to that. It's been noted by publishers that, when you have a picture of a gorilla on the cover of an issue, its sales are higher. No one's sure exactly why this is, but apparently there is some truth to it. Sales usually went up, and so, they kept putting gorillas on the covers. Heck, even Spawn did it:

(I'm not making this up)

monkey would win

I'd count Sasquatch, even though he's not really an ape...I...think.....

People seriously buy monkey comics? wtf? lol

Originally posted by NoFate007
I'd count Sasquatch, even though he's not really an ape...I...think.....

People seriously buy monkey comics? wtf? lol

My bet: Expect to see more and more of that as King Kong is in theatres, and when it hits DVD.

I wouldn't expect it. King Kong is being called "a catastrophe in the making"

Originally posted by NoFate007
I wouldn't expect it. King Kong is being called "a catastrophe in the making"

Rottentomatoes rated it as 82% fresh. That's pretty good.

The amount of money its making is terrible though. Its in drastic negative figures.

Originally posted by NoFate007
The amount of money its making is terrible though. Its in drastic negative figures.

It's made $146 mil worldwide in 2 weekends. That's not stellar, but it will certainly make money in the theaters.

From what I've seen so far, I'd have to say Grodd would win. UH is a queer, he's smart and has good taste in music but he isn't that strong IMO.

Originally posted by NoFate007
From what I've seen so far, I'd have to say Grodd would win. UH is a queer, he's smart and has good taste in music but he isn't that strong IMO.

Grodd is certainly winning over UH.

But what about Titano? He is basically King Kong...

Monkey from Dexter Lol

Who's Titano?

Originally posted by NoFate007
Who's Titano?

http://supermanica.info/wiki/index.php/Titano