spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer
Originally posted by the Darkone
Savage hulk is his strength feats are above everybody else in comics. The hulk shattered a comet 3x the size of earth or moon, held 150,000,000,000 tons on his shoulders, destroyed onslaught armor that was made of pure pisonic energy, hrash avengers on a regulary bases, draged a island in a calm state, fought the stranger, the list goes on. The hulk is the strongest their is, madder he gets the stronger he gets and we haven't seen his full potential yet.
1) Actually it was an asteroid, and it wasn't 3 times the size of the earth but 2 times.
With that said that is quite the feat nontheless.
I believe it was in Marvel Comics Presents # 52, where the Hulk (using a jetpack of some sort) went into space and shattered the asteroid.
2) The Hulk did lift 150 billion tons of mountain. That was in Secret Wars #4, and he did manage to save the other Marvel heroes and what not.
3) He has also done other things like mess with Dr Doom's field, tangle with Gladiator, shake some mountains (I believe the Rockies), etc etc etc.
And he is easily numero uno in Marvel (barring what I call 'entity-level' characters).
HOWEVER I'd still rank Superman higher than the Hulk.
Every single feat that the Hulk has done Superman has accomplished greater feats.
For example the Hulk lifted 150 billion tons.
Amazing feat.
Well, Superman (and I am talking CURRENT not Pre-Crisis ....and I hope no one seriously thinks the Hulk is even to be considered against Pre-Crisis Supes) moved a third of the moon.
That was moving 24.7 Quintillion tons (a third of the moon's mass)
What is one quintillion?
Well, one quintillion is one billion a billion times.
The Hulk was able to shake the Rockies.
Amazing feat!
Superman trading blows with General Zod was causing earthquakes all over the earth.
The Hulk punched an asteroid 2 times the size of the Earth.
Spectacular feat!
Superman held a Black Hole in his hands!
The Hulk is very fast.
He can run at over 300mph (and arguably should be able to reach Mach speeds was he to really try, although no one has ever written him that way. In my PERSONAL opinion the Hulk should be able to break mach speed). Thus the Hulk is fast (be it 350mph fast or faster).
Well, Superman (again post-crisis ...no need to drag pre-crisis into this) can reach velocity levels equal to light speed!
What!
I must be lying!
Post-crisis Superman cannot do that!
Well, he can!
And here is proof:
pic 1:
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4198/untitled128qt3bk.jpg
pic 2:
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5858/untitled138wy8fy.jpg
pic 3: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5207/untitled140kt3ew.jpg
pic 4: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/938/untitled152oe8eq.jpg
pic 5: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8946/untitled166ov4wo.jpg
Anyways, I have total respect for the Hulk (and some of his feats, ranging from recent feats like the whole shattering of Onslaught's armor all the way to the older feats he did) are quite amazing.
However Superman (post-crisis) has done greater feats.
Consistently.
And if one brings in Pre-Crisis Superman it is not even a contest. Post-crisis Superman is more than enough.
ANYWAYS: This thread can have one answer or many.
I'd say all the characters (Gilgamesh, Hulk, Doomsday and Supes) have amazing strength levels and leave it at that.
Based on feats one can debate however way.
The thing is next month the Hulk could be written as having the ability to shoot forth gamma radiation from his hands,Superman could be written as only being able to fly at a max speed of mach 1, and Doomsday could be made into a Rhodes scholar!
It all depends on the whim of the writer, thus there is nothng really coherent about any of the characters (since they are fictional, and different writers imbue different attributes).
However based on past feats Superman takes this.
And if I was to include some of Superman's older (read: pre-crisis, where he is ripping tears in space and even as super-boy dragging strings of planets with him) to match some of the Hulk's older feats then it gets really skewed.
However we can agree to disagree.
You say Hulk.
I say Superman.