Loki. Unless he's written down like he sometimes is. Written correctly (not even at "full potential" just not stupidly) he's upper-level herald. His bouts with Thor are well-known and I believe leo mentioned once that he stalemated Surfer. Mags is in a bit over his head. His list of powers is rather impressive as well (including some not-too-shabby matter manipulation), making him quite a bit more versatile than Mags.
Magic users win every time. They're limited only to the needs of the plot. So I could pull death techniques out of a hat and they would be feasible ways for a magic user to beat a non-magic user.
That said, Thor usually beats up on Loki, and in their last encounter Magneto snatched Mjolnir out of Thor's hand and knocked him upside the head with it, so...do the math...
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Loki. Unless he's written down like he sometimes is. Written correctly (not even at "full potential" just not stupidly) he's upper-level herald. His bouts with Thor are well-known and I believe leo mentioned once that he stalemated Surfer. Mags is in a bit over his head. His list of powers is rather impressive as well (including some not-too-shabby matter manipulation), making him quite a bit more versatile than Mags.
Hmmmmm......and this is the guy Apocalypse blasted,.......yet you all seem to think apocalypse is a *****.............hmm............
You gotta be kiddin' me....now, don't get me wrong, I love Mags as much as the next guy...really I do, but c'mon...I don't care if Magneto is at full power, half power, quarter power, super-duper power, etc...HE WILL DIE BY LOKI'S HAND...HE IS NOT CALLED THE GOD OF EVIL FOR NOTHING!!! There is almost nothing Loki can't do. His dark sorcery makes beings like Baron Mordo, Dormammu, and even Nightmare look pathetic. I have an issue where Loki battles Dr. Strange. Doc Strange is at full power and Loki is only in his astral form. Loki's very weakened in that state and nowhere near his full potential. It is only with the help of Thor in the end, does Doc Strange barely, and I do mean barely, manage to escape with his life...even with Loki in a very weakened state.
To make a long story short, there is nothing Magneto can throw at Loki that Loki can't counter...it's what Loki throws back Mags can't handle...
I mean, who's to say that when Magneto comes out to face Loki, Loki just transforms into a 1000 foot tall giant and steps on Magneto...or Loki can just turn him into stone or a loaf of bread or something...
actually those are doctored facts. at the time dr strange had neither the eye of aggomato or his cloack. he was fighting loki when nearly powerless{FAR from the full potantial you mention}
and loki is quite a LEVEL below the likes of dormammu who surpass upper skyfather level.
back on topic, loki wins.