X-Men Vs. X-Men Evolution (With a Twist of course)

Started by Rick/Genis2 pages

X-Men Vs. X-Men Evolution (With a Twist of course)

Okay... I don't know if this belongs in the Vs Forum or not. But I ask this question because I recently got into a rather heated (heated meaning I almost threw a chair at the bastard) on the subject.

Here is the scoop:

I went on to say that I had every episode of X-Men: Evolution On DVD (Pirated or otherwise) and he went on to say that I was stupid for even owning such a show. I told him that I also had every episode of X-Men: Animated as well. He basically said that that's the only show that I SHOULD own.

I told him that as much as X-Men is a great show and is Probably better on the story front, it is clearly lacking in the animation department, whereas Evolution is not... He highly dissagreed with me and told me that I was a moron for thinking so.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think that this guy is confusing 'art' with 'animation', am I wrong? You decide, which show has better animation, tell me if I'm wrong or not.

it just seems to me that X-Men was made in the Early ninety's and was hand drawn, whereas Evolution was digital; made a at least a decade later; and with a higher budget (or so I imagine). What is your opinion?

I would say the art designs were better with the original Xmen... But animation was more better with Evolution. The depictions of characters looked more... like the true comic book versions though in original Xmen... and Evolution had .. .an almost anime kiddish feel to it... I'd prefer a good quality original than evolution... though its really the story that makes a good series and not the art in my opinion.

in my opinion x-men evolution is better. but then its my favourite cartoon of all time.

They were both great and I'm not complaining about them original X-Mens animation but yea your right the Evolution had better qaulity and animation.

Evolution was better quality but
X-men had better comic book look

Originally posted by The Pict
in my opinion x-men evolution is better. but then its my favourite cartoon of all time.

watch any of the animes listed in my signature...

Originally posted by Broly92
Evolution was better quality but
X-men had better comic book look
cosined

I hated Rurouni Kenshin, but that's off topic. I really don't think this moron I was arguing with knows the difference between ART and ANIMATION. X-Men has better art (obviously! It looks like the comic books) but good art (in my honest opinion) is nothing without good animation.

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I hated Rurouni Kenshin, but that's off topic. I really don't think this moron I was arguing with knows the difference between ART and ANIMATION. X-Men has better art (obviously! It looks like the comic books) but good art (in my honest opinion) is nothing without good animation.

Ruroni Kenshin was great but you are right off topic

Anyone know the difference of Animation in both series'? I mean, like Frames per second. I can't find it on Google. I want clear cut proof to shove down this guy's throat...

Animation was better in Evolution. It's only natural for a show made 10+ years after the original would have better animation.

Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha both suck by the way.

Animation may be better in Evolution, but I liked X-Men animation more.

No Frame Rates?

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
No Frame Rates?

Try wiki. If its not on wiki, it cannot be found.

Yea, the original stuck to the comics. It had actual comic storylines and sagas("Days of Future Past" and "Dark Pheonix Saga". The original also looked like their comic counterparts. Same costumes and personalities etc.

Even though Days of the Future Past (in the comics) had nothing to do with bishop, right?

Re: X-Men Vs. X-Men Evolution (With a Twist of course)

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Okay... I don't know if this belongs in the Vs Forum or not. But I ask this question because I recently got into a rather heated (heated meaning I almost threw a chair at the bastard) on the subject.

Here is the scoop:

I went on to say that I had every episode of X-Men: Evolution On DVD (Pirated or otherwise) and he went on to say that I was stupid for even owning such a show. I told him that I also had every episode of X-Men: Animated as well. He basically said that that's the only show that I SHOULD own.

I told him that as much as X-Men is a great show and is Probably better on the story front, it is clearly lacking in the animation department, whereas Evolution is not... He highly dissagreed with me and told me that I was a moron for thinking so.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think that this guy is confusing 'art' with 'animation', am I wrong? You decide, which show has better animation, tell me if I'm wrong or not.

it just seems to me that X-Men was made in the Early ninety's and was hand drawn, whereas Evolution was digital; made a at least a decade later; and with a higher budget (or so I imagine). What is your opinion?

......................😐

Wait a second........

You're not KAM! 😱 😠

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Even though Days of the Future Past (in the comics) had nothing to do with bishop, right?
Correct butn it still went along the same lines........Just had a twist to it.

Re: Re: X-Men Vs. X-Men Evolution (With a Twist of course)

Originally posted by Grimm22
......................😐

Wait a second........

You're not KAM! 😱 😠

I never claimed to be, either 😛

Re: Re: Re: X-Men Vs. X-Men Evolution (With a Twist of course)

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I never claimed to be, either 😛
😂