Originally posted by Tassadar
Before this is closed or moved, I would like to say that yes, for some people certain things are much more important than money. Usually those people dont have a lot of money, so they value other things more. The more $ you have, the more you care about it.
Generally I agree, but I do know a lot of people who have gotten a lot of money and realized that having money is not the most important thing in the world. Things like family, health etc become paramount in their lives
Re: Is anything more important than money
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
I know some people will say health, family, love, etc but if you look at human behavior I think it almost always comes down to money in the end.
Money is not the end all be all. I was making twice what I am now, but I had little time to spend with my friends and my girlfriend. You know. Those people I love? I had no time for hobbies. Everything I did revolved around making money. And buying things with that money. I am a lot happier now making 30 something thousand now that I'm 24, then when I was making 50 something thousand (back when I was 21)
Stress comes to the rich and to the poor. You appreciate the little things more, when you have less. I used to spend 200 dollars on taking my ex out to eat, because that was the norm. Now I spend 20 bucks, and eh. it means more to me, cause we bbq, and have fun with it.
The main cause of divorce, the #1 reason, is money. It causes problems in relationships. Learn to love the little things, and they'll mean so much more to you.
Everything is more important than money. If it were so important why would we give it away to get the goods and services?
I don't save money to not spend it. I save money so I can get things with it. Money is just a means to an end.
There are somethings that Money cannot truly buy. Like love, sure you can buy physical love with it. you might even be able to pay people to say they love you, or act like they do... but all you're really buying is their lies. Because they care about your money, not you.
Originally posted by Creshosk
Everything is more important than money. If it were so important why would we give it away to get the goods and services?I don't save money to not spend it. I save money so I can get things with it. Money is just a means to an end.
There are somethings that Money cannot truly buy. Like love, sure you can buy physical love with it. you might even be able to pay people to say they love you, or act like they do... but all you're really buying is their lies. Because they care about your money, not you.
So you are an unenlightened fool that believes money is the most important thing. Religious fanatics would kill themselves for their god. Soldiers go to war for love of their country. If you are heartbroken by a woman, do you think pulling out a wallet of 100's makes you happy? I used to think that. You make me sad. 🙁
Originally posted by rotiart
So you are an unenlightened fool that believes money is the most important thing. Religious fanatics would kill themselves for their god. Soldiers go to war for love of their country. If you are heartbroken by a woman, do you think pulling out a wallet of 100's makes you happy? I used to think that. You make me sad. 🙁
DId you misread it ? he said everythings more important than moeny, unless of course i just misinterpreted it
shrug. it appears you were making sarcastic comments about it. that money truly was important, that you needed it to get things. and with it you can get people to fake even the important things.
If you didn't want your comment to be taken as a sarcastic idiom, you shouldn't have written it that way. 😉
As for your previous comment, sorry I took it in the wrong context.
Money is a means to an end. It does not garner any truth worth other than momentary illusions of grandeur. To those I would wish them luck finding the true happiness that is readily apparent. Money can buy physical pleasures, but true happiness comes from enlightenment.